Floating Stools

HLP

Just looking for some information for a family member who's poop always floats. My thinking is that he is not digesting his fats properly but I haven't been able to correct it even with proper diet. Any ideas?

messtafarian

Before I got my gallbladder out it was suggested to me that I try taking Ox Bile to digest and break down fats in the intestine. I am sure this works for some people but it just tore up my gut. It's usually liver dysfunction but nothing Peaty or from this board helped but surgery.

tara

HLP said:
post 107975 I haven't been able to correct it even with proper diet
I don't know if floating is a problem. What do you mean by a proper diet? I assume either gas or fats can reduce the density.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
HLP

HLP

Low PUFA. Clean meat. Lot's of fruit. Raw dairy. Shellfish. Raw carrots daily and potatoes from our garden (no chemicals). Homemade foods for the most part and rarely eat out. Organic coffee and fresh spring water from near our own property. So you don't think it's a problem if it floats? Stinks something awful!!!

tara

I'm afraid I don't know.
But maybe there is something they are having trouble digesting fully, and/or maybe there are some particularly stinky microbiota in there?

HLP said:
.... So you don't think it's a problem if it floats? Stinks something awful!!!

I've read that this is a direct symptom of fat malabsorption....you could try a digestive enzyme containing lipase to see if things improve.

barefooter

I tend to have looser floating stools if I eat too much gassy fibrous material like leafy greens, broccoli, salad, etc. I noticed bubbling form inside the stool in the toilet which makes me believe it floats because of the trapped gas bubbles in the stool due to excessive fermentation.

Me too barefooter, especially with lots of broccoli, but they don't "stink something awful" as HLP describes....so I suppose it could be due proliferation of a specific microbe?

barefooter

thebigpeatowski said:
Me too barefooter, especially with lots of broccoli, but they don't "stink something awful" as HLP describes....so I suppose it could be due proliferation of a specific microbe?

I suspect this is probably the case. Vegetable fiber tends to give me pretty rapid transit without foul smell, and excessively loose stools minus the sticky residue. However, when I eat wheat, I tend to get a more compact stool with an overgrowth of sticky bacteria that smell really bad.

dlind70

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing in fact the floating stuff usually gives you a clean wipe.
Vitamin B5 is highest in guacamole avocado and apparently shiitake mushroom these foods definitely help me out once I did some research saying that this is actually needed for mental development. Also bowel health. Not necessarily genital stimulation but more of a mental stimulation. Your mental sexual development in the brain is needed and I actually found that B5 improved my sleep too with better not amazing dream recall.

Motif

Just looking for some information for a family member who's poop always floats. My thinking is that he is not digesting his fats properly but I haven't been able to correct it even with proper diet. Any ideas?
How did it continue ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals