Floaters

Gadsie

I know there's a thread about this already, but it's from 2016 so I hope it's okay I make a new one.

A few months ago I started having pretty bad floaters. They're not very visible in artificial light, but outside it's very noticeable.
I'm getting an eye exam to rule out any serious stuff, but I will probably just have to live with it.

The thing is, I'm 25, and this should typically only be an issue for people 50+ years old. I'm worried it will continue to get worse and worse.
Plus, I don't like the fact that I'm getting "old age" issues at 25, despite peating.

Conventional medicine has no answer to preventing floaters, so I'd like to know if there is anything interesting you guys know about.

GodsHound

Did you see this?

If it helps, I asked Ray a year or two ago about eye floaters :

They will probably gradually be dissolved by enzymes. Fragile capillaries can leak small amounts of blood during times of stress when there's a high ratio of estrogen and cortisol to the protective steroids. A lot of leaked blood could cause collagen to increase, but small amounts probably don't have a noticeable effect on collagen. Even a visually noticeable hemorrhage, that leaves a slightly moveable black blob, is likely to shrink and fade over time. Vitamin K is very important, along with thyroid and generally good nutrition, for reducing capillary leakage. Did you notice any easy bruising or small red dots on your skin during the time the floaters were appearing? It's fairly common for those signs of fragile capillaries to come and go with the menstrual cycle.

It may be useful to use them as a marker of 'stress' and try to intuit them in relation to your overall health, and see what lifestyle/ diet changes effects them. I think they are common these days, even in young adults - but that's not to dismiss them as unimportant.

jmparret

I have had floaters for years. I just did a search and found this website Tapatalk - Free Forum Hosting, Free Forum Mobile App. which you can join.
First post is saw in the Mew Floater Sufferers section
There are many fraudulent ads and postings in this forum that you should be aware of.
eyefloaters.info is a well known fraud site that claims to "cure" floaters.
ANY and ALL sites referring to herbs, pills, dietary supplements, eye drops DO NOT CURE FLOATERS. Many of them are frauds attempting to get money out of unfortunate victims.
This
is to all the newbies out there.
Until we can confirm a cure, right now
currently the only options are laser (which effectiveness rate varies, and
usually won't completely eliminate floaters) and vitrectomy (not
recommended unless your floaters are unbearable, will lead to cataract
and possible other complications, read the vitrectomy section for more
info)
We urge you to try various methods to see if we can find a cure, and lobby to the eye community for finding a cure. Currently, none of the herbs, pills, dietary supplements, eye drops listed here and in the alternative treatment section eliminate floaters.

They are not sure of the laser but the surgery has side effects and just sounds dangerous.

Good luck, i cannot wear contacts because of my floaters. Not sure why but they do not work well.

Joe

CaptJim

I read somewhere on this forum that Vitamin K is good for macular degeneration.
I think floaters may be the beginning of MD.

Since I started taking daily Vitamin K (about a week) my floaters seem to be less.

dhtsupreme

Still have them. Read somewhere it's due to cortisol. They went away on long nofap streaks.

There's a doctor named Dr. Lin that talks about sexual exhaustion. He has a load of supplements he recommends so idk if I trust him.

But the science itself and tons of reports from people seems worth looking into. High prostaglandins and high norepinephrine. Low gaba, nitric oxide (i know raypeat is not a fan but users here see benefits with l citrulline which raises ENOs and not INOS)

ddjd

I know there's a thread about this already, but it's from 2016 so I hope it's okay I make a new one.

A few months ago I started having pretty bad floaters. They're not very visible in artificial light, but outside it's very noticeable.
I'm getting an eye exam to rule out any serious stuff, but I will probably just have to live with it.

The thing is, I'm 25, and this should typically only be an issue for people 50+ years old. I'm worried it will continue to get worse and worse.
Plus, I don't like the fact that I'm getting "old age" issues at 25, despite peating.

Conventional medicine has no answer to preventing floaters, so I'd like to know if there is anything interesting you guys know about.

View: https://twitter.com/PeytonElroy/status/1649816353145249793?t=5d943wy5qdQM4dtnyGHmRQ&s=19