Flies Look Like Their Mother's Ex

http://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/scienc ... -offspring

“We found that even though the second male sired the offspring, offspring size was determined by what the mother’s previous mating partner ate as a maggot,” says Dr Crean.

53lS8yn.jpg

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
http://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/science/semen-secrets-how-previous-sexual-partner-can-influence-another-male%E2%80%99s-offspring

“We found that even though the second male sired the offspring, offspring size was determined by what the mother’s previous mating partner ate as a maggot,” says Dr Crean.

53lS8yn.jpg

As far as I know this effects as been informally observed in some monkeys (marmosets I believe), which probably means it occurs in humans as well.

OP
S
haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:
http://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/science/semen-secrets-how-previous-sexual-partner-can-influence-another-male%E2%80%99s-offspring

53lS8yn.jpg

As far as I know this effects as been informally observed in some monkeys (marmosets I believe), which probably means it occurs in humans as well.

I bet it does!

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
post 66854
haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:

53lS8yn.jpg

I bet it does!

Wait WHAT!!! So you're telling me I could be married to a girl and devoting my resources to her offspring thinking they're 50% my genes when it's other guys genes I'm helping survive????

EDIT: WTF!!!!!! Anyone else know anything about this? If this is true it changes everything!!!!

EDIT2: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain

Such_Saturation said:
post 66854 Wait WHAT!!! So you're telling me I could be married to a girl and devoting my resources to her offspring thinking they're 50% my genes when it's other guys genes I'm helping survive????

EDIT: WTF!!!!!! Anyone else know anything about this? If this is true it changes everything!!!!

Time to join a church group :D

FredSonoma

Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:
post 66854 Wait WHAT!!! So you're telling me I could be married to a girl and devoting my resources to her offspring thinking they're 50% my genes when it's other guys genes I'm helping survive????

Bruh!!!!! None of these hoes are virgins.... anywhere.... not even in church...

Edit: Ok so it would require raw dog no pulling out sex for this to be a problem - which no one does except for people trying to get pregnant or people on the pill. So - if a girl is on the pill and she gets boned like this can this ***t still happen????????

XPlus

Wonder what the exact the mechanism of this is like.
Could semen have epigentic markers (that has an influencing effect similar to polyamines)

FredSonoma said:
Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:

Time to become a Jihadi.
Some 72 virgins are waiting for you in heaven.

NathanK

If you really want to freak out or get paranoid, go ahead and read the book "Sperm Wars" by Robin Baker. It will forever change the way you look at mating.

Daimyo

FredSonoma said:
post 113494
Wait WHAT!!! So you're telling me I could be married to a girl and devoting my resources to her offspring thinking they're 50% my genes when it's other guys genes I'm helping survive????

Maybe if you try within Amish community?
Or better - go to some backward SE Asia countries. Just be quick as they are changing as well.

Daimyo

FredSonoma said:
post 113496

Edit: Ok so it would require raw dog no pulling out sex for this to be a problem - which no one does except for people trying to get pregnant or people on the pill. So - if a girl is on the pill and she gets boned like this can this s*** still happen????????

Wouldn't estrogen increase the chance that some external "forces" can influence an organism?

FredSonoma

Daimyo said:
post 113563
FredSonoma said:
post 113496

Edit: Ok so it would require raw dog no pulling out sex for this to be a problem - which no one does except for people trying to get pregnant or people on the pill. So - if a girl is on the pill and she gets boned like this can this s*** still happen????????

Wouldn't estrogen increase the chance that some external "forces" can influence an organism?

What do you mean?

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 113496
Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:

Oh yeah, it does happen and it's pretty consistent. As far as we know, and that may change, there is no gene transfer involved. The child will still have your genes but may look very much like the other dude. So, you would be supporting your genes but that may not matter much if the child is the spitting image of the other guy. A matter of preference and you see how this case underscores the importance of "nurture". Many people probably feel like you do and assuring them that the genes are theirs does not placate them. So, suddenly genes do not seem that important do they?

FredSonoma

haidut said:
post 113592
FredSonoma said:
post 113496
Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:

Oh yeah, it does happen and it's pretty consistent. As far as we know, and that may change, there is no gene transfer involved. The child will still have your genes but may look very much like the other dude. So, you would be supporting your genes but that may not matter much if the child is the spitting image of the other guy. A matter of preference and you see how this case underscores the importance of "nurture". Many people probably feel like you do and assuring them that the genes are theirs does not placate them. So, suddenly genes do not seem that important do they?

How can the child look like the other guy in this instance? Are you saying this could happen even with a condom?

Daimyo

FredSonoma said:
post 113584

What do you mean?

I mean when a girl is taking hormonal contraceptives and later guy/guys are going in raw and cumming inside.

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 113594
haidut said:
post 113592
FredSonoma said:
post 113496
Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:

How can the child look like the other guy in this instance? Are you saying this could happen even with a condom?

Maybe not with a condom, but unprotected sex is the norm rather than the exception. Over 50% of people engage in it globally, in the countries surveyed.
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releas ... 40225.html

I am in the US and judging by everyone around me in a major US city, the numbers here are higher than what the survey reports. The stats on US are 25% chance of unprotected sex on first encounter, 80% on second and basically guaranteed on all encounters after that.
So, chances are the majority of children will look like somebody else and not the biological father. Btw, did you know that about 1/3 of the children born are not from the man officially informed to be the father? The study only looked at cases of disputed paternity, but the number is quoted as a minimum so it could be even higher in some groups.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misattributed_paternity
"...The results surprisingly showed that “30 per cent of the children could not have been fathered by the men whose blood group we analysed.” Another participant asked about the number of people who were tested. Dr Philipp replied, “Not large – between 200 and 300 women – but large enough to give us a real shock."
Seems to be recently confirmed in China as well:
http://en.people.cn/90001/90782/90872/6765744.html
"...A leading Beijing paternity testing center says up to 30 percent of tested men were not the biological fathers of their children. The Forensic Science Center of Beijing Genomics Institute, which has 19 offices across China, said there had been a 20 percent annual increase of paternity tests since it was founded in 2002."
The statistics on the general population are unknown, but here is a source that lists many studies and quote some numbers. As you can see it varies from 5% up to 30%+.
http://www.childsupportanalysis.co.uk/a ... ernity.htm

FredSonoma

haidut said:
post 113607
FredSonoma said:
post 113594
haidut said:
post 113592
FredSonoma said:
post 113496
Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:

Maybe not with a condom, but unprotected sex is the norm rather than the exception. Over 50% of people engage in it globally, in the countries surveyed.

I am in the US and judging by everyone around me in a major US city, the numbers here are higher than what the survey reports. The stats on US are 25% chance of unprotected sex on first encounter, 80% on second and basically guaranteed on all encounters after that.
So, chances are the majority of children will look like somebody else and not the biological father. Btw, did you know that about 1/3 of the children born are not from the man officially informed to be the father? The study only looked at cases of disputed paternity, but the number is quoted as a minimum so it could be even higher in some groups.
"...The results surprisingly showed that “30 per cent of the children could not have been fathered by the men whose blood group we analysed.” Another participant asked about the number of people who were tested. Dr Philipp replied, “Not large – between 200 and 300 women – but large enough to give us a real shock."
"...A leading Beijing paternity testing center says up to 30 percent of tested men were not the biological fathers of their children. The Forensic Science Center of Beijing Genomics Institute, which has 19 offices across China, said there had been a 20 percent annual increase of paternity tests since it was founded in 2002."
The statistics on the general population are unknown, but here is a source that lists many studies and quote some numbers. As you can see it varies from 5% up to 30%+.

WTF!!!!!!!! So how can we be sure? You said something about genes not really being important??? Paternity testing would still be pretty accurate right? So say my wife has a kid that looks like her ex, but still has most of my genes, is that good for my reproductive success to help raise the child?

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 113611
haidut said:
post 113607
FredSonoma said:
post 113594
haidut said:
post 113592
FredSonoma said:
post 113496
Mountain said:
post 113495
Such_Saturation said:

WTF!!!!!!!! So how can we be sure? You said something about genes not really being important??? Paternity testing would still be pretty accurate right? So say my wife has a kid that looks like her ex, but still has most of my genes, is that good for my reproductive success to help raise the child?

Paternity testing could tell you if the child is biologically yours, if it carries your genes. But my point from the last post is that would you care too much if the child carries your genes but still looks like the spitting image of some other dude? That why I said genes may not be that important since even when reassured that the genes in the child are yours you'd be faced every day with a child that does not look like you and for many people this will really get under their skin.
Oh, and final point - just because you do paternal testing does not mean you will NOT be paying for somebody else's child. If the paternity testing is done outside of the 30 day period to dispute the paternity of the newborn after that most of the 50 states refuse to accept genetic evidence and still make you pay for the child as if it was yours. In some states, paternity testing is not even allowed in married couples I think. In France, it is expressly forbidden as there is good understanding that stuff like this happens so often that it may ruin the entire society of suddenly everybody realized how much infidelity goes on.
http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights ... ity-tests/
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/28 ... -jail-time

I am sorry bud, society knows very well what's going on and does its best to protect itself, not you.

honeybee

Edit: Ok so it would require raw dog no pulling out sex for this to be a problem - which no one does except for people trying to get pregnant or people on the pill. So - if a girl is on the pill and she gets boned like this can this s*** still happen????????[/quote]

this is offensive and degrading to women.

OP
S
Can you at least not send me notifications for this red pill bull**** :ss

FredSonoma said:
post 113494

Just marry someone who grew up in Hollywood :cool: