Flat Earth No Dome No Stars

InChristAlone

Careful. Perhaps you have only been blinded by the "science" that is making great great strides in reversing climate change and curing cancer.
I think the horizon stuff I've been learning has been the most powerful to prove a sphere as a flat plane cannot have a horizon that dips below eye level. It also helped me answer all the curvature questions which no one on this thread has been able to falsify other than saying it's a cartoon or showing some random internet photo. That tool that uses physics equations for both flat plane and sphere was extremely helpful in showing how high you have to be to gauge any differences. For you to throw out the tool as fake you'd have to throw out all the math goes into it. Which of course to prove flat earth you have to throw away all math in relation to earth and make up fantasies for the way our solar system operates. The fact that the elite use dome and four corner symbolism to me just says this is a religious cult and you guys have joined them. In my mind I have now switched from this just being a crazy conspiracy to it actually being a cult stemming from Babylonian times and on the same path as Nimrod.

yerrag

I think the horizon stuff I've been learning has been the most powerful to prove a sphere as a flat plane cannot have a horizon that dips below eye level. It also helped me answer all the curvature questions which no one on this thread has been able to falsify other than saying it's a cartoon or showing some random internet photo. That tool that uses physics equations for both flat plane and sphere was extremely helpful in showing how high you have to be to gauge any differences. For you to throw out the tool as fake you'd have to throw out all the math goes into it. Which of course to prove flat earth you have to throw away all math in relation to earth and make up fantasies for the way our solar system operates. The fact that the elite use dome and four corner symbolism to me just says this is a religious cult and you guys have joined them. In my mind I have now switched from this just being a crazy conspiracy to it actually being a cult stemming from Babylonian times and on the same path as Nimrod.
Sorry, I have not been following your discussion with Jing.

But I'm no longer arguing there is no sphere, in case you have lost sight of that. The last time you replied to me, I remember you at least not challenging my appeal to coherence when I offered the possibility of our current "earth" as merely a speck on much, much larger sphere, and that being such a small speck of a sphere would explain why there is no curvature, as indicated by the laser light experiment by the Brazilian scientists.

We both left it at that.

I'm responding to Static about his comment on the dark ages, because he thinks we're on such an enlightened age, and I'm poking holes at that high fallutin attitude.

I don't think you share that attitude, do you?

Perry Staltic

I'm responding to Static about his comment on the dark ages, because he thinks we're on such an enlightened age, and I'm poking holes at that high fallutin attitude.

We are certainly much more scientifically advanced.

Perry Staltic

Careful. Perhaps you have only been blinded by the "science" that is making great great strides in reversing climate change and curing cancer.

You mention the two most corrupt fields of science. I'd call that a straw man.

yerrag

V

valdz

Nice try, Mt Rainier is only 100 miles from Mt Hood making it very visible in the line of sight from that elevation as I showed multiple times with tool for calculating the horizon dip.

But for a more in depth explanation of how this can PROVE a sphere here we go:
Explained: How Mount Rainier helps demonstrate the shape of the globe

View attachment 28917

Elevations are taken from NAVD88. Other sources may vary up to 20 feet or so. These variations, however, make almost no difference to the results of the calculations, and zero difference to the conclusion.

This photo demonstrates that the Earth cannot be flat in a number of ways:

1. Everything in it aligns perfectly with a globe of radius ~3959 miles. Comparisons with globe-derived tools such as peakfinder, peakvisor, and Google Earth show no discrepancies.

2. A simple rule of perspective states that all points above one's eye level remain above eye level. If the earth were flat, Rainier should be the highest mountain in this photograph, with the viewer looking up to it. North Sister, however, which is lower than the camera, appears higher in the photograph than Mount Rainier.

3. If the earth were flat, Mount Rainier would be towering above Olallie Butte, rather than appearing at almost exactly the same apparent height.

4. Using simple pythagorean calculations, we can work out the apparent height order the mountains should appear in the photo if the earth was flat. They are (with their equivalent viewing angles):

upload_2018-12-26_11-48-56.png

(A positive angle indicates above eye level - i.e., looking up - while a negative angle indicates looking down.)

5. It's also possible to use the predicted angles to demonstrate even further the flat earth model's incompatibility with this photograph. Not only are the positions inaccurate, but the intervals between the predicted angles are wildly divergent from what is seen. Rainier, Olallie, Saint Helens, and Middle Sister, for example, are all at about the same apparent height in the photograph, whereas the flat earth model predicts that they would be spread apart at a range of over 1.2 degrees.

6. By calculating the viewing angles to these mountains for a spherical earth model, we can see that they agree to a very high degree of accuracy:

upload_2018-12-26_12-56-34.png

This time, the intervals between the angles agree with what is seen in the picture. The four mountains mentioned above - Rainier, Olallie, Saint Helens, and Middle Sister - are separated here by a difference of just 0.116 degrees, while the difference between Jefferson and Hood is about the same as the difference between Hood and North Sister.

The predicted order is also correct, apart from Olallie and Saint Helens, which are at exactly the same apparent height in the photo. This really is nitpicking, though: Olallie should probably appear only one or two pixels higher than Saint Helens, according to spherical calculations. A minute deviation of the camera from horizontal may explain this.

7. The angular size of the visible portions of the mountains are nothing like they should be on a flat earth, whereas they agree completely with a sphere earth.

8. Perhaps the most basic question for flat earth believers here is "where is eye level in this photo?" No matter where it is placed to align with two or more peaks, it will always be contradicted by others.

The rest of it is just gloss.
Thanks for the lesson. Your photo doesn't match up. Your photo has no dip and no bend. It looks flat.

Welp, suppose that you're correct since you're confident in disproving flat earth... Can you prove that we live in a ball earth??

Can you now prove the Earth spinning at 1000 mph and orbiting around our galaxy at 66,600mph??

Thanks.

Perry Staltic

Name the fields then that isn't corrupt.

Straw man, my eye!

Geology is an example. Basically any field that isn't corrupted by money to push a certain agenda. You picked what are probably the two absolute worst fields of science in terms of corruption. Framing all science with those two is a mischaracterization, and therefore a straw man. I'm sure it wasn't intentional or conscious on your part.

Perry Staltic

Explain that as I don't follow.

Most people nowadays confuse image with reality; that is why they, and our culture as a whole, are deluded. Being spiritually whole allows one to distinguish image from reality. So we are scientifically advanced while being spiritually deluded.

yerrag

Geology is an example. Basically any field that isn't corrupted by money to push a certain agenda. You picked what are probably the two absolute worst fields of science in terms of corruption. Framing all science with those two is a mischaracterization, and therefore a straw man. I'm sure it wasn't intentional or conscious on your part.

You sure about that? Is the retrieval of water from primary water sources partnof geology or not? I wanted to be sure we're on the same page here.

Or, is the extraction of gold only to be limited to areas that are considered "tetra firma" bounded by the north and south poles?

Perry Staltic

You sure about that? Is the retrieval of water from primary water sources partnof geology or not? I wanted to be sure we're on the same page here.

Or, is the extraction of gold only to be limited to areas that are considered "tetra firma" bounded by the north and south poles?

I'm not following you.

yerrag

Most people nowadays confuse image with reality; that is why they, and our culture as a whole, are deluded. Being spiritually whole allows one to distinguish image from reality. So we are scientifically advanced while being spiritually deluded.
So it is then a spiritual void that keeps the rest of the world tied in to the COVID Hoax, is that it?. It has nothing to do with an educational system that keeps us from developing our minds fully, and thus stay in the dark?

Perry Staltic

So it is then a spiritual void that keeps the rest of the world tied in to the COVID Hoax, is that it?. It has nothing to do with an educational system that keeps us from developing our minds fully, and thus stay in the dark?

Well it's also that too. One doesn't have to be spiritually awake to be able to have a developed mind. Even so, though, many highly educated minds are lost in the world of image and illusion.

V

valdz

Which of course to prove flat earth you have to throw away all math in relation to earth and make up fantasies for the way our solar system operates. The fact that the elite use dome and four corner symbolism to me just says this is a religious cult and you guys have joined them. In my mind I have now switched from this just being a crazy conspiracy to it actually being a cult stemming from Babylonian times and on the same path as Nimrod.
The exact opposite is true. Don't you think the elite knew this whole time that the earth is flat and they come up with this globe fantasy? Indoctrination starts at kindergarten so like I said before its hard to unlearn this stuff. But what are you going to do when you wake up from believing the globe lie?

How do you explain flying in one compass direction and arriving at the same place you took off from?
Does a compass work in Antartica?

yerrag

I'm not following you.
I'm asking about geology that you used as an example.

If you drill down and you find water everywhere underneath that isn't from rain, and we're told there isn't water down there, has the science of geology got anything to do with that perception?

yerrag

Well it's also that too. One doesn't have to be spiritually awake to be able to have a developed mind. Even so, though, many highly educated minds are lost in the world of image and illusion.
Exactly. And that's why we're in many ways not that far off from being in a dark ages of our own.

Maybe even worse, as when the Pope lies, the Nobel Prize lies, and media lies. And I'm just scratching the surface.

I would hardly call us enlightened.

Even the thyroid panel to determine if we're hypothyroid lies. Well, maybe not the data itself but the way the data is interpreted by typical doctors, as taught to them by the lying medical establishment. And, doesn't this leave most people in the "dark" about their very own health?

Perry Staltic

The exact opposite is true. Don't you think the elite knew this whole time that the earth is flat and they come up with this globe fantasy? Indoctrination starts at kindergarten so like I said before its hard to unlearn this stuff. But what are you going to do when you wake up from believing the globe lie?

Does a compass work in Antartica?

Why do you want to fly where it's so cold? Try an equatorial route. How do you leave point A and then arrive at point A when flying in the same direction along the Equator if the earth is flat?