Flat Earth No Dome No Stars

tankasnowgod

Don't try act like I don't know I was asking you because its obvious something less dense than its medium will rise and something more dense will fall why do you need to add gravity?
This literally doesn't make any sense. I don't know what you are asking or disputing at this point, because the entire "Flat Earth" proposition doesn't make any sense in the first place.

"Gravity" is the label we give to the action of things falling to the Earth. There is nothing to add. Again, if you want to call this action "The Will of Jeff, The God Of Biscuits," go ahead.

If you want to dispute the mechanism behind gravity (that objects of mass don't attract each other), that's a different issue. I don't understand what your plausible mechanism is except for "Dense goes down," but down to what?

We live in a universe with at least three dimensions. So going to a 2 dimensional shape of "Flat" or a plane for the Earth is ridiculous. We know it has depth, as anyone with a shovel can dig a few feet, and not fall through to the turtle that's supporting it. If it's not roughly a sphere, what shape is it? Like a Brick? A Sausage? A Deck? A sheet of paper (which itself has depth, just very little when compared to height and width)?

Jing

This literally doesn't make any sense. I don't know what you are asking or disputing at this point, because the entire "Flat Earth" proposition doesn't make any sense in the first place.

"Gravity" is the label we give to the action of things falling to the Earth. There is nothing to add. Again, if you want to call this action "The Will of Jeff, The God Of Biscuits," go ahead.

If you want to dispute the mechanism behind gravity (that objects of mass don't attract each other), that's a different issue. I don't understand what your plausible mechanism is except for "Dense goes down," but down to what?

We live in a universe with at least three dimensions. So going to a 2 dimensional shape of "Flat" or a plane for the Earth is ridiculous. We know it has depth, as anyone with a shovel can dig a few feet, and not fall through to the turtle that's supporting it. If it's not roughly a sphere, what shape is it? Like a Brick? A Sausage? A Deck? A sheet of paper (which itself has depth, just very little when compared to height and width)?
So are you saying gravity isn't actually a force? Just a label??

Objects of mass don't attract each other I've never seen anything attract to each other apart from magnets put two objects at opposite sides of a room are you saying they will eventually touch each other?

Up is up and down is down not hard to understand lmao.
You will fall until you hit something that can support you

Obviously earth isn't completely flat my god lol of course it has depth too it.....

tankasnowgod

I gave the definition above. It can be used to describe things falling towards the earth, or as the force of two objects of mass attracting each other. That was the time to clarify your position. Clearly, I think things fall towards the earth, and I also tend to believe the the stated mechanism, but I'm open to other explanations. You haven't provided any.
Objects of mass don't attract each other I've never seen anything attract to each other apart from magnets put two objects at opposite sides of a room are you saying they will eventually touch each other?
Ridiculous. The objects you see are all tiny, compared to the size of the earth.

The Earth is estimated to weight over 13 Octillion pounds (that's 27 zeros after the "13"). The objects you see in your life weigh maybe, what, a few hundred tons at most? And they are all on that object that's over 13 Octillion pounds. Do you have no sense of scale?
In reference to that 13 Octillion pound, earth, sure.
And it's always the 13 Octillion pound Earth. Again, I have never seen anyone fall through the earth to the Turtle underneath.
Obviously earth isn't completely flat my god lol of course it has depth too it.....
So, now admitting your own claim is false. Then what is the shape of the earth? Since you are soooooooo convinced it couldn't possibly be spherical?

Jing

I gave the definition above. It can be used to describe things falling towards the earth, or as the force of two objects of mass attracting each other. That was the time to clarify your position. Clearly, I think things fall towards the earth, and I also tend to believe the the stated mechanism, but I'm open to other explanations. You haven't provided any.
Haven't provided any? I've explained objects fall or rise depending on there density if its less dense than the medium it will rise more dense it falls....

Ridiculous. The objects you see are all tiny, compared to the size of the earth.

The Earth is estimated to weight over 13 Octillion pounds (that's 27 zeros after the "13"). The objects you see in your life weigh maybe, what, a few hundred tons at most? And they are all on that object that's over 13 Octillion pounds. Do you have no sense of scale?
So what tells you objects attract each other??

So, now admitting your own claim is false. Then what is the shape of the earth? Since you are soooooooo convinced it couldn't possibly be spherical?
Could be square, could be a circle. Don't be silly of course it's not flat like a pancake. Ever played a game where you can make maps? Yh that's the starting point then you add hills , mountains etc... its not spherical

tankasnowgod

Haven't provided any? I've explained objects fall or rise depending on there density if its less dense than the medium it will rise more dense it falls....
Density doesn't negate the theory behind gravity. And why would more dense objects "fall" anyways, if there weren't some other force acting?
So what tells you objects attract each other??
That 13 Octillion pound object that keeps on attracting me to it.
Could be square, could be a circle.
Those are 2D objects.
Don't be silly of course it's not flat like a pancake.
Soooo.... now it's not a 2D object? Do you see how you constantly contradict yourself?
Ever played a game where you can make maps?
No, and what does that have to do with anything?

InChristAlone

Why would down be down on a flat earth?

And wouldn't objects become weightless in a vacuum chamber?

Jing

Density doesn't negate the theory behind gravity. And why would more dense objects "fall" anyways, if there weren't some other force acting?
Why wouldn't they fall? If there is nothing to support an object then obviously it will fall ? That's very obvious ...

That 13 Octillion pound object that keeps on attracting me to it.
Hmm no you are not attracted to the floor you are just more dense than the air . Otherwise you wouldn't be able to go in an ocean without falling to the bottom because the earth is attracting you right pulling you down??

Those are 2D objects.
So you can't understand the concept off have something be square or circle with stuff underneath ? I live in flats I have square floor with people who live underneath me how Is that possible then?

Jing

Why would down be down on a flat earth?

And wouldn't objects become weightless in a vacuum chamber?
Because down is down?? I'm not sure why up and down is so hard for you to grasp?

No why would they be weightless in a vacuum? There is nothing to support the object so it falls.

InChristAlone

Because down is down?? I'm not sure why up and down is so hard for you to grasp?

No why would they be weightless in a vacuum? There is nothing to support the object so it falls.
You said that whatever is denser than the air will fall. Well a vacuum chamber doesn't have air.

tankasnowgod

So you can't understand the concept off have something be square or circle with stuff underneath ?

First off, it still wouldn't be a 2D object. It would be a disc or cuboid.

And yeah, I get stuff underneath. I've already referenced the Turtle a couple times.....

18myou0kz7ujejpg.jpg

Jing

You said that whatever is denser than the air will fall. Well a vacuum chamber doesn't have air.
Exactly no air means that there is nothing at all to support objects or make them rise so even an helium balloon will fall in a vaccuum because no air to push it up.

Jing

First off, it still wouldn't be a 2D object. It would be a disc or cuboid.

And yeah, I get stuff underneath. I've already referenced the Turtle a couple times.....

View attachment 28915
So you saying I live in 2d object right now? I'm starting to think you are just trolling

I can't tell you how earth exactly looks to do that I would have to leave earth and look at it from an outside perspective

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

So you saying I live in 2d object right now? I'm starting to think you are just trolling
You said "Square or Circle." Those are 2D objects. Your own words, again.
I can't tell you how earth exactly looks to do that I would have to leave earth and look at it from an outside perspective
So why are you soooooo confident that it's not a sphere?

Jing

You said "Square or Circle." Those are 2D objects. Your own words, again.

So why are you soooooo confident that it's not a sphere?
Because you can tell its not a sphere because a sphere can't support life and everything points to a level earth. You are just going on about irrelevant stuff because you are losing the argument about gravity. Why you so confident earth is a sphere?

tankasnowgod

Because you can tell its not a sphere because a sphere can't support life and everything points to a level earth.
Wut?
You are just going on about irrelevant stuff because you are losing the argument about gravity.
Lol, yeah, Laws of Physics were determined by "Arguments," and winners and losers.

Tell you what, why don't you email Ray Peat about this? Something along the lines of

"Dear Ray Peat,

Is the Earth Flat? Is Gravity A Hoax?

Thanks,

Jing"

Or however you best want to word it.
Why you so confident earth is a sphere?
It makes the most the sense to me. It has to be some sort of 3D object, not "Flat like a pancake," as you yourself said. The shape of the moon, sun and planets that we can see imply a round shape, so, either disc or sphere (not a perfect sphere, I have heard the phrase "Oblate Spheroid," but more sphere than brick or sausage or disc). Videos of Lake Ponchatrain seem to show curvature, and no land is visible from the middle of the Lake Ponchatrain Causeway.

Jing

Wut?

Lol, yeah, Laws of Physics were determined by "Arguments," and winners and losers.

Tell you what, why don't you email Ray Peat about this? Something along the lines of

"Dear Ray Peat,

Is the Earth Flat? Is Gravity A Hoax?

Thanks,

Jing"

Or however you best want to word it.

It makes the most the sense to me. It has to be some sort of 3D object, not "Flat like a pancake," as you yourself said. The shape of the moon, sun and planets that we can see imply a round shape, so, either disc or sphere (not a perfect sphere, I have heard the phrase "Oblate Spheroid," but more sphere than brick or sausage or disc). Videos of Lake Ponchatrain seem to show curvature, and no land is visible from the middle of the Lake Ponchatrain Causeway.
What don't you get?

Why would I message Peat? I don't need Peat to tell me the shape off earth lol

Does the moon support life? Do we see humans on the moon and sun? Does earth shine like the sun? If you are going to assume because there are round things in the skies that means we are round then how comes we Don't shine like the sun? No it doesn't show curvature? Show me? Even sugarbabe earlier said you can't see curvature unless really high up.... its all irrelevant though until you prove gravity actually exists without gravity you can't have a sphere earth .

InChristAlone

What don't you get?

Why would I message Peat? I don't need Peat to tell me the shape off earth lol

Does the moon support life? Do we see humans on the moon and sun? Does earth shine like the sun? If you are going to assume because there are round things in the skies that means we are round then how comes we Don't shine like the sun? No it doesn't show curvature? Show me? Even sugarbabe earlier said you can't see curvature unless really high up.... its all irrelevant though until you prove gravity actually exists without gravity you can't have a sphere earth .
I showed plenty of evidence for a sphere. The dip of the horizon cannot happen on a flat plane as the tool with real mathematical equations showed. And you can prove that if you have access to going up high like the graphic showed. You haven't given any other reason for the horizon.

Jing

I showed plenty of evidence for a sphere. The dip of the horizon cannot happen on a flat plane as the tool with real mathematical equations showed. And you can prove that if you have access to going up high like the graphic showed. You haven't given any other reason for the horizon.
Cartoons ain't real ...

InChristAlone

Cartoons ain't real ...
Lol this was interesting for me to research but that's about where it ended with you. If you want to reject all of physics that's your choice.

V

valdz

C'mon guys! This shouldn't happen in a flat earth. I mean. There's gotta be a dip somewhere.
photo_2021-10-13_16-00-53.jpg