Flat Earth No Dome No Stars

Jarle Andhøy's clandestine 2011 South Pole expedition on his ship Berserk is an interesting story. The short version is their boat, with three crew members on board, went missing under somewhat mysterious conditions while Andhøy and a partner were driving on ATVs towards the pole. Subsequently Andhøy was charged and fined by Norwegian authorities for not carrying the required insurance and not obtaining permits after being reported by the Norwegian Polar Institute.

ANDHOY: We had a meeting with representatives from New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and they were very upset because they claimed we had sailed illegally to Antarctica, and had violated environmental rules by anchoring in Horseshoe Bay. And that’s where my questions began. Sammy and I were in a situation where three of our friends were assumed to be dead, and in New Zealand we were met with the accusation that the Berserk had sailed to Antarctica illegally? When we got back to Norway, the Norwegian Polar Institute reported alleged violations of the Norwegian environmental regulations to the state prosecutor, based on information given to them by New Zealand authorities. The alleged violations were illegal sailing and anchorage in Antarctica. The criminal charges and the focus on safety lines tied to land were in direct contradiction with international maritime law and the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas, specifically with regard to the fundamental rights of the high seas and the right to safe passage in the seas surrounding Antarctica.
In the wake of the tragedy, I didn’t counter these matters in court, but after my search expedition back to Antarctica I did. There was a long legal process in which the Norwegian Polar Institute demanded that I be punished for not obtaining a permit and insurance to go to Antarctica. We lost in district court, and made an appeal, but ultimately failed to reverse the decision. The positive from these cases is that the Polar Institute was forced to release some of the documentation and communications about the expeditions. The cases also revealed that many of the demands for sailing “legally” in Antarctic waters—including requirements for insurance—are really a bureaucratic form of banning access.
[...]
ANDHOY: By law and by definition, sailing in the Southern Ocean is not limited—that’s why these waters are legally called the high seas. And on my search expedition to Antarctica, I knew that Norway would never give me a permit to go, because officials required insurance that does not exist. So it’s like putting you in checkmate. You have to apply for a notice or a permit, but in order to get that permit you need insurance, but you can’t get it.

Paul Watson was the captain of another ship in the area at the time and was part of the search and rescue efforts.
Paul Watson, captain of the Steve Irwin, goes even further. In an interview with Stuff, he accused the New Zealand Navy not just of complicity, but conspiracy.
“I think that the Wellington ordered these people out of the harbour and then they tried to cover up the fact that they had any responsibility in the fact that the vessel went down, he says.
“There's no other explanation as to why they would have left a safe harbour, while they were waiting for two other crew to return from their excursion to the South Pole.
New Zealand was very hostile to any vessels landing in the vicinity of Ross Island without prior permission. - PAUL WATSON
Stuff sought a transcript of the communication between the Wellington and the Berserk under the Official Information Act but the request was declined.

PeskyPeater

normal phenomenon. but mr dubay is a scammer.

the sun and moon appear bigger near the horizon bc

"When the moon is near the horizon, the ground and horizon make the moon appear relatively close. Because the moon is changing its apparent position in depth while the light stimulus remains constant, the brain's size-distance mechanism changes its perceived size and makes the moon appear very large."

But when the moon is rising over a distant horizon, we perceive it to be farther away and therefore larger. One reason why the horizon might appear more distant than the sky overhead is that our brains perceive the shape of “space” as a gently flattened dome rather than a perfectly round sphere.

PeskyPeater

Sunlight is very intense. It can cause glare to appear around the sun, and as a result, the sun can appear larger than its actual size. To observe the sun’s actual size, we need to eliminate the glare by reducing the camera’s exposure or using a solar filter.

During sunset, sunlight gradually becomes less intense, and sun glare gradually becomes smaller. If the glare is not eliminated, the sun can appear as if it is shrinking, and flat-Earthers incorrectly use it as “evidence” that the sun is moving away from us.

Sun glare is caused by the scattering of sunlight in the atmosphere. And internal reflections in the optical system can also cause it.

The intensity of sun glare is less than the strength of the light coming directly from the Sun, but it is still too bright for our eyes to distinguish it from the sun itself. It is the reason the Sun and its glare appear as a single bright object.

To observe the Sun without its glare, we have to reduce the exposure by using the in-camera exposure settings or using a solar filter. By eliminating the glare, we can observe that the sun’s size remains constant throughout the day.
Sun Glare

PeskyPeater

wrong, the sun does not shrink "due to the law of perspective":
for it''s moving as it is always at the same (far) distance, fact:
1660545150007.png

Richiebogie

@JamesGatz
@Daniil
@Jing

A quick demonstration that we are not on a flat Earth is that in the northern “hemisphere” the sun sets in the west by going down to the right (see above image) while in the southern “hemisphere” the sun sets in the west by going down to the left (below images were taken in Middle Park, Melbourne on 20 December 2021 at 8:33pm and 8:39pm).

This happens all year long, from the summer solstice (shown) to the winter solstice and back again!

How can the sun be going in 2 different directions?

Attachments

• 87A4FA2F-7DF9-44EF-8C37-C0C934AE33FC.jpeg
    87A4FA2F-7DF9-44EF-8C37-C0C934AE33FC.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 070D50A2-9F6F-4E15-ABCF-9DD9E256D994.jpeg
    070D50A2-9F6F-4E15-ABCF-9DD9E256D994.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

InChristAlone

@JamesGatz
@Daniil
@Jing

A quick demonstration that we are not on a flat Earth is that in the northern “hemisphere” the sun sets in the west by going down to the right (see above image) while in the southern “hemisphere” the sun sets in the west by going down to the left (below images were taken in Middle Park, Melbourne on 20 December 2021 at 8:33pm and 8:39pm).

This happens all year long, in summer and in winter.

How can the sun be going in 2 different directions?
You will never get any answer because the flat earth theory is a psyop, they have no real map of how the earth would look, they have no real science backing anything. The dude who estimated the circumference of the earth within 900 miles way back in 240 BC would be rolling in his grave at this absurdity.

Richiebogie

Hi @sugarbabe,

The trick for these truth seekers is to understand that some conspiracy theories are true, and some are false.

Each one must be tested separately.

Often the truth gets censored, because it threatens the lie.

Richiebogie

@yerrag was another flat earth believer, except he determined that the known world was all located on a relatively small, flat section of a much bigger uncharted sphere!

How’s it setting, bro?

Can you explain why and how the sun in the “Northern Hemisphere” sets to the right, while in the “Southern Hemisphere” it sets to the left?

yerrag

@yerrag was another flat earth believer, except he determined that the known world was all located on a relatively small, flat section of a much bigger uncharted sphere!

How’s it setting, bro?

Can you explain why and how the sun in the “Northern Hemisphere” sets to the right, while in the “Southern Hemisphere” it sets to the left?
I wish I had time to spare to explore further this topic. But it is a luxury for me to spend time on this.

I much prefer fixing my health issue as it directly impacts me. In this endeavour alone, I have my fair share of questioning the conventional wisdom.

Choose your rabbit hole wisely.

joaquin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals