Flat Earth No Dome No Stars

T

TheBeard

Where ? I can't see anyone who has posted something over a curvature without seeing the curvature?

If a very rich person offered you a trip into space and around the Earth, would you acknowledge you were wrong, or would you still not believe your eyes?

Daniil

Ever heard of the concept that different materials have different absorption and reflective levels of light
If the Moon absorbs all (almost all) radiation, we will not see light from it. If the Moon reflects all the radiation, the moon will look like a mirror. Does it look like a mirror?

So, we are dealing with a surface (theoretically) that has an average light reflection coefficient (for example, like a metal ball). But there should be a glare on it. Where's the glare?

Quelsatron

If the Moon absorbs all (almost all) radiation, we will not see light from it. If the Moon reflects all the radiation, the moon will look like a mirror. Does it look like a mirror?

So, we are dealing with a surface (theoretically) that has an average light reflection coefficient (for example, like a metal ball). But there should be a glare on it. Where's the glare?
Ever heard of diffuse reflection?

Daniil

If you look at the photos of the moon, it shines evenly. There are no darker and lighter areas on it.

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 12

Quelsatron

If you look at the photos of the moon, it shines evenly. There are no darker and lighter areas on it.
Because a rough object can be modeled as a collection of flat randomly oriented reflective surfaces, which pushes out the highlights out much further to the border. That model is called oren-nayar and is more accurate for terrestial objects than lambert. Obviously the moon would be a rough surface.

InChristAlone

None of what you said proves a flat earth. Call your friend in a different part of the world and ask them what sky they see, where the position of the moon is, where the position of the sun is. Then think to yourself, how could this be possible on a flat disk? Do we all live in our own little imaginary bubble?
moon.png

Here is a hypothetical flat earth dome model with the moon circling around it. As you can see you in Moscow and your friend in Australia would see the SAME sky. Everyone would see the same sky the same stars the same daylight if the sun was rotating around up there over us. It's not a flashlight and will never act like a flashlight. This just isn't possible and anyone who believes this is delusional. So call up a friend across the globe tonight and ask them what they see in the sky.

Daniil

Because a rough object can be modeled as a collection of flat randomly oriented reflective surfaces, which pushes out the highlights out much further to the border. That model is called oren-nayar and is more accurate for terrestial objects than lambert. Obviously the moon would be a rough surface.
Is it similar?

Attachments

• 08-oren-nayar.jpg
    08-oren-nayar.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10

Daniil

None of what you said proves a flat earth. Call your friend in a different part of the world and ask them what sky they see, where the position of the moon is, where the position of the sun is. Then think to yourself, how could this be possible on a flat disk? Do we all live in our own little imaginary bubble?
View attachment 29857
Here is a hypothetical flat earth dome model with the moon circling around it. As you can see you in Moscow and your friend in Australia would see the SAME sky. Everyone would see the same sky the same stars the same daylight if the sun was rotating around up there over us. It's not a flashlight and will never act like a flashlight. This just isn't possible and anyone who believes this is delusional. So call up a friend across the globe tonight and ask them what they see in the sky.
Obviously, the dome is curved much less than in your stupid picture. And the distances between cities are much longer.

Jing

If a very rich person offered you a trip into space and around the Earth, would you acknowledge you were wrong, or would you still not believe your eyes?
If I went to space and I saw the earth as a sphere then off course I would know the earth is a sphere. How comes you didn't expand on your "flightt" going in a straight line? Was you lying?

InChristAlone

Obviously, the dome is curved much less than in your stupid picture. And the distances between cities are much longer.
Why does that matter? Everyone in the world would see the same sky albeit the moon would appear a tiny bit smaller for a lot of people, same for the sun as the distance would not be fixed like it is right now on the globe, so you'd have to believe in a fake imaginary world.

Jing

View attachment 29857
You are beyond ridiculous now please if you are going to have this debate atleast be logical.. In your little diagram of a domed earth those two people are very close so yes they would see the same skies but in reality the opposite side of the earth is thousands of miles away so you would see different skies because you cannot see forever.

K

Kayaker

If I went to space and I saw the earth as a sphere then off course I would know the earth is a sphere. How comes you didn't expand on your "flightt" going in a straight line? Was you lying?
It shouldn't cost too much money to sail in a ship around the world. It's not like it has to be a luxury cruiser.

Jing

For some reason you tell me that I ignore your arguments when I don't ignore them. Wtf.
These people are ridiculous to debate with, they can't understand simple stuff and can only see things from one perspective they are way too closed minded.

Jing

If you end up in the same place you were before while traveling east or west, then you travelled in a circle.
1.this wouldn't even be possible just because of restrictions from governments preventing you from wanting to go in a exact path you want.
2.on a flat plane north pole is in the middle and if you go east or west you go in a circle and will come back to your starting point. Proves nothing.