Flat Earth No Dome No Stars

tankasnowgod

This makes sense but it would seem we're talking about a serious growth of the size of the earth
Yes, over millions of years.
Saturn's diameter looks about 10 times larger than that of earth's and they say you can fit 700 earth's in the planet - yet the gravity on Saturn is only about 7% stronger than that of the earth ?
Um, source? Also, Saturn isn't nearly as dense as the earth, not all the way through.

tankasnowgod

Yh we can keep going round in circles if you want but you could end this easily by just providing evidence observable, testable,repeatable evidence that gravity exists.
You mean, like, dropping an object to the ground? I have tested that and repeated that thousands of times in my life.

Jing

You mean, like, dropping an object to the ground? I have tested that and repeated that thousands of times in my life.
That's an observation come on now you must understand the difference right? Dropping an object to the ground is an observation so now we have observed an object falling to the ground now we need to find out why this object fell to the ground you say gravity so prove its gravity why the object fell?

InChristAlone

That's an observation come on now you must understand the difference right? Dropping an object to the ground is an observation so now we have observed an object falling to the ground now we need to find out why this object fell to the ground you say gravity so prove its gravity why the object fell?
You suggested electromagnetic forces when that doesn't explain why all objects fall no matter what as electromagnetic activity changes greatly based on the object and where it is at. All of these experiments have been done over and over and over again you can't just throw them all away because you didn't do them yourself.

Jing

You suggested electromagnetic forces when that doesn't explain why all objects fall no matter what as electromagnetic activity changes greatly based on the object and where it is at. All of these experiments have been done over and over and over again you can't just throw them all away because you didn't do them yourself.
No I never said electromagnetism is what makes objects fall i have said objects fall because they are more dense than the medium it is in... have you completely ignored the quick experiment I did with the coin?

JamesGatz

Yes, over millions of years.

Um, source? Also, Saturn isn't nearly as dense as the earth, not all the way through.
Yes but how is the density of a planet calculated ? By using its mass and how is its mass calculated ? By measuring its "Acceleration due to gravity by sending spacecraft to it"

The Density of the planet is being used to support that gravity exists but the density cannot be calculated without assuming gravity exists - how can it really be trusted/proven to exist using this method?

Jing

Yes but how is the density of a planet calculated ? By using its mass and how is its mass calculated ? By measuring its "Acceleration due to gravity by sending spacecraft to it"

The Density of the planet is being used to support that gravity exists but the density cannot be calculated without assuming gravity exists - how can it really be trusted/proven to exist using this method?
Exactly it's not observable,testable,repeatable evidence.

InChristAlone

@sugarbabe notice how it looks like the coin is at the end of the board? But when I raise the camera you can see that there is more behind the coin?? So there is an artificial horizon when I have the camera lowered but then I raise the camera and you can see behind this "horizon" this also demonstrate how we can see further on a flat plane and how at lower altitudes land will be blocked but as we raise higher more and more land will be revealed.... if I had a longer distance I could make this coin appear to disappear ill get a better video some other time. This you can do yourself if you don't want to believe me..

Ok it wouldn't let me upload video so pictures will have to do... and the coin was kept in the exact same spot on each picture. If I had a longer table this would be a better demonstration but I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at? More and more of the table is revealed as I increase the cameras altitude
Yes of course the higher you go the more you will see on either a globe or flat plane. That tool I gave you is a great resource for this. Here I will show you what a horizon looks like based on real mathematical equations:
This is both models at eye level height: no real discernible difference to the naked eye.
horizon.PNG

Here we see the horizon start to form as you get up over 100 ft. No change to a flat plane.
horizon2.PNG

Then when you get up to 11,000 ft you can really start seeing object curve and the horizon is way lower than at eye level. Again no change to a flat plane.
horizon3.PNG

This is demonstrable up in an airplane.

Jing

Yes of course the higher you go the more you will see on either a globe or flat plane. That tool I gave you is a great resource for this. Here I will show you what a horizon looks like based on real mathematical equations:
This is both models at eye level height: no real discernible difference to the naked eye.
View attachment 28900

Here we see the horizon start to form as you get up over 100 ft. No change to a flat plane.
View attachment 28901

Then when you get up to 11,000 ft you can really start seeing object curve and the horizon is way lower than at eye level. Again no change to a flat plane.
View attachment 28902

But you said you can't have an horizon on a flat earth? So what's blocking the view to the back of my table? And are you saying we can see curvature from a plane then?

tankasnowgod

I mean, what's the definition of words? What is an object? What is falling? What is the ground?

I guess you could call it gravity, or magic force, of "The Will of Jeff, the God of Biscuits," or whatever label you want. What, exactly, are you disputing here?

The technical definition is-

technical : the natural force that tends to cause physical things to move towards each other : the force that causes things to fall towards the Earth

If you are disputing that things tend to fall towards the Earth, that's clearly ridiculous, as, like I said, I can drop pretty much any object (except a helium balloon), and it falls to the ground. Not the wall, not the ceiling, not simply hovering in mid air.

Are you disputing the first part of the definition, that physical things tend to move toward each other, and that larger things would exhibit more of this attraction?

CiggyTardust

View attachment 28900

View attachment 28901

View attachment 28902

If it's demonstrable up in an airplane then show me photographic examples... if anything the left (flat) images correspond with what I've seen more than the right (globe) models from up in the air.

JamesGatz

If it's demonstrable up in an airplane then show me photographic examples... if anything the left (flat) images correspond with what I've seen more than the right (globe) models from up in the air.
Exactly haha - I was looking at the pictures and thinking to myself - wait a second the flat earth pictures do look way more accurate hahaha

Jing

I mean, what's the definition of words? What is an object? What is falling? What is the ground?

I guess you could call it gravity, or magic force, of "The Will of Jeff, the God of Biscuits," or whatever label you want. What, exactly, are you disputing here?

The technical definition is-

technical : the natural force that tends to cause physical things to move towards each other : the force that causes things to fall towards the Earth

If you are disputing that things tend to fall towards the Earth, that's clearly ridiculous, as, like I said, I can drop pretty much any object (except a helium balloon), and it falls to the ground. Not the wall, not the ceiling, not simply hovering in mid air.

Are you disputing the first part of the definition, that physical things tend to move toward each other, and that larger things would exhibit more of this attraction?
Well of course it goes down why would an object fall to the side that makes no sense..... but to the helium balloon why does it rise if gravity pulls everything down??

tankasnowgod

Well of course it goes down why would an object fall to the side that makes no sense.....
Okay, so you don't dispute it.
but to the helium balloon why does it rise if gravity pulls everything down??
Oh wait..... you do?

I don't know if you've seen this newfangled thing called "The Periodic Table," but it explains this perfectly. Gravity is acting on all things, at all times, but the denser items fall toward the earth. Helium and Hydrogen are less dense than normal atmospheric air, so they rise, and can take a thin balloon up with them. Seriously, how did you not learn this by middle school? You never heard Peat or anyone else here talk about how CO2 is denser than regular air, so will stay fairly concentrated in an open air tub or bag?

Same thing happens in water. If you take a metal coin, it will sink to the bottom of a glass. If you have something less dense, like ice (one of the few solids that is less dense than it's liquid form), it floats.

Jing

Okay, so you don't dispute it.

Oh wait..... you do?

I don't know if you've seen this newfangled thing called "The Periodic Table," but it explains this perfectly. Gravity is acting on all things, at all times, but the denser items fall toward the earth. Helium and Hydrogen are less dense than normal atmospheric air, so they rise, and can take a thin balloon up with them. Seriously, how did you not learn this by middle school? You never heard Peat or anyone else here talk about how CO2 is denser than regular air, so will stay fairly concentrated in an open air tub or bag?

Same thing happens in water. If you take a metal coin, it will sink to the bottom of a glass. If you have something less dense, like ice (one of the few solids that is less dense than it's liquid form), it floats.
Well I can watch objects fall down so .....
Don't try act like I don't know I was asking you because its obvious something less dense than its medium will rise and something more dense will fall why do you need to add gravity?you literally just said it yourself lol objects fall or rise depending on there density...

InChristAlone

I was using a very very large size object to make the point of being able to see the object on the horizon. But it's not a good example. Here is a more realistic example of the towers at 240 ft. You can't even see the objects from a cruising attitude of 30,000 ft. But you can see the horizon is not at eye level.
horizon4.PNG

Here is a mock Mt Everest comparison. From 30,000 ft, 180 miles away. The only difference is the horizon is lower than eye level.
horizon5.PNG

Mt Everest would start dip down over the horizon at 286 miles away up in the airplane.

horizon8.PNG

Here is how you can view the dip in the airplane.
bottled-water-768x768.jpg

And another experiment you can do if you can get up high.
02c30759041f8f7afc0b0b15e96c7001b25bd0adf78fd743f8cd4c9655fa8596.jpg

It's not super easy to the layman, you need to understand eye level like is clearly shown in the tool for measuring the dip.
horizon-dip.jpg

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Well I can watch objects fall down so .....
Don't try act like I don't know I was asking you because its obvious something less dense than its medium will rise and something more dense will fall why do you need to add gravity?you literally just said it yourself lol objects fall or rise depending on there density...
You can't explain gravity just based on density. Simple measurements show that things weigh less at a higher altitude where the air is less dense.

At a lower altitude, the air is denser, and objects weigh more. On the other hand, at a higher altitude, the air is less dense, and objects weigh less.

Flat-Earthers deny gravity and invented the “explanation” that an object falls only because it is denser than the air surrounding it. But if it were true, objects should weigh more at a higher altitude where the air is less dense. But they weigh less instead, disproving flat-Earthers’ density theory.

Last edited:

Jing

You can't explain gravity just based on density. Simple measurements show that things weigh less at a higher altitude where the air is less dense.

At a lower altitude, the air is denser, and objects weigh more. On the other hand, at a higher altitude, the air is less dense, and objects weigh less.

Flat-Earthers deny gravity and invented the “explanation” that an object falls only because it is denser than the air surrounding it. But if it were true, objects should weigh more at a higher altitude where the air is less dense. But they weigh less instead, disproving flat-Earthers’ density theory.
They weigh less at higher altitudes because you don't have all the air above you pushing down ... its hardly noticeable either Do You Weigh Less at a High Altitude Than at Sea Level?

InChristAlone

They weigh less at higher altitudes because you don't have all the air above you pushing down ... its hardly noticeable either Do You Weigh Less at a High Altitude Than at Sea Level?
Wow so that's your explanation you don't have all that air pushing down so you weigh a miniscule less? lol
Here is another explanation of gravity:
"A density tower is formed by layering immiscible liquids of different densities on top of each other. It is possible because Earth’s gravitational acceleration pulls denser fluid particles stronger and displace less dense ones upward.

Flat-Earthers claim that the possibility to have density towers disproves gravity. In reality, a density tower cannot form without the presence of acceleration, like Earth’s gravitational acceleration.

In a zero-G plane, the container is accelerated downward by the same amount as the liquids inside it, and therefore the liquids are not accelerated relative to the container. By nullifying Earth’s gravitational acceleration using a zero-G plane, a density tower will not form.

On Earth’s surface, everything is accelerated downward by Earth’s gravitational acceleration. It is possible to add another acceleration in addition to Earth’s gravitational acceleration already affecting the liquids. Adding these two accelerations together can result in a net acceleration which is not straight downward, and the shape of a density tower will reflect that.

Putting a density tower on a centrifuge will accelerate it away from the center, and it will change the direction of the density tower. Placing a density tower inside an accelerating car will also add acceleration to the system and affect the density tower’s direction."

Jing

Wow so that's your explanation you don't have all that air pushing down so you weigh a miniscule less? lol
Here is another explanation of gravity:
"A density tower is formed by layering immiscible liquids of different densities on top of each other. It is possible because Earth’s gravitational acceleration pulls denser fluid particles stronger and displace less dense ones upward.

Flat-Earthers claim that the possibility to have density towers disproves gravity. In reality, a density tower cannot form without the presence of acceleration, like Earth’s gravitational acceleration.

In a zero-G plane, the container is accelerated downward by the same amount as the liquids inside it, and therefore the liquids are not accelerated relative to the container. By nullifying Earth’s gravitational acceleration using a zero-G plane, a density tower will not form.

On Earth’s surface, everything is accelerated downward by Earth’s gravitational acceleration. It is possible to add another acceleration in addition to Earth’s gravitational acceleration already affecting the liquids. Adding these two accelerations together can result in a net acceleration which is not straight downward, and the shape of a density tower will reflect that.

Putting a density tower on a centrifuge will accelerate it away from the center, and it will change the direction of the density tower. Placing a density tower inside an accelerating car will also add acceleration to the system and affect the density tower’s direction."
Well imagine you could weigh yourself at the bottom of the ocean you would weigh tons because of all the water above you....

A density tower works because of density... you don’t need gravity for a density tower to work .

If gravity pulls everything down why does a helium balloon rise?