Flat abdomen eating mostly starch?

Vins7

Is it possible to have a totally flat abdomen (without any bloating, I don't mean body fat) by eating generous amounts of starch?

What is your opinion on this? For me a flat abdomen is a dream after so long to see my belly bloated, with distension (with low body fat).

Should I stop eating starch to have the flat abdomen I had when I was a teenager? I insist, it is not about fat.

reaching

I imagine it would depend on your digestion and what/how much starch as well as what you eat with it.

DrJ

Is it possible to have a totally flat abdomen (without any bloating, I don't mean body fat) by eating generous amounts of starch?

What is your opinion on this? For me a flat abdomen is a dream after so long to see my belly bloated, with distension (with low body fat).
This is tough but I believe possible. You need:

- very strong stomach acid
- very good bile production and release
- avoid anything that causes you specifically to have gut inflammation (eg certain types of foods)
- very fast transit time

It can be hard to get to this state if you're in a bad state but activated charcoal, raw carrots, and bile salts are your friends to get it kickstarted.

nomoreketones

Years ago I got a flat stomach eating only starch - pasta, rice, beans. But it killed my sex drive.

A

Adf

Diet is very important, but also stomach vacuums. Not surgery or anything, just muscle conditioning. Many tutorials online how to properly stomach vacuum, and they work, nothing magic, they just work.

They're best done with an empty stomach/while fasted, but done on and off throughout the day (even around meals) also great.

ursidae

it was possible for me at one point. It's important to pick the right starch and to eat the starch freshly cooked and warm and to chew and salivate a lot. It's also best to eat smaller portions more often and not combine the starch with anything other than pro-kinetic antimicrobial spices such as ginger, cinnamon. The thing that bloats me personally is eggs (probably the whites)- they can leave me bloated for the whole day while I can eat 1 kg potatoes in a sitting and have a flat stomach 1.5 h later. Eating too many different foods at once can also bloat me

Orome

Forum Supporter
Did you already try without eating starch for while? Maybe you feel so good that you don't want to go back? For me it felt so much better and solved most of my digestive issues (eg bloating). That said I am not totally starch free but keep amounts very small and limited in case I eat any (for example self-made pizza once a month). By doing like this I don't feel starch as a burden anymore.

OP
V

Vins7

Did you already try without eating starch for while? Maybe you feel so good that you don't want to go back? For me it felt so much better and solved most of my digestive issues (eg bloating). That said I am not totally starch free but keep amounts very small and limited in case I eat any (for example self-made pizza once a month). By doing like this I don't feel starch as a burden anymore.
My is that I feel starches are digested well, if I eat mainly protein, fats and sugars maybe my abdomen is more flat but my digestion feels heavier. It could be due to eating so much protein when I eliminate starches. It's difficult for me replace starches with sugar, eating this ton of honey or sacarose it's strange and less satisfying for me but I don't refuse to try 0 starch again.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Yep, I think this missing feeling of satisfaction is the biggest hurdle at the beginning. For mostly unknown reasons (I think at least wheat has proven opioid effects) starches are triggering a sensation of fullness in both the brain and the belly. Maybe also because of the slow digestion. But for health and well-being I think we know for sure that a fast digestion is better (less bacterial activity and endotoxin).
Dairy (especially cheese), fruits, meat, soups with gelatin, eggs work perfect for me. Recently I experiment with various different smoothies and milkshakes with all kinds of berries and fruits. Also very good for in between. And salt is very important, especially when eating lots of fruit and dairy.

Ah, and for the bloating I had good results with Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) in the past (when I was not eating very well). I don't know why it worked but it improved my digestion and bowel movements significantly.

aniciete

Eating starches like white rice don’t bloat me if i eat them say 15-20 mins before whatever protein I’m eating.

OP
V

Vins7

Yep, I think this missing feeling of satisfaction is the biggest hurdle at the beginning. For mostly unknown reasons (I think at least wheat has proven opioid effects) starches are triggering a sensation of fullness in both the brain and the belly. Maybe also because of the slow digestion. But for health and well-being I think we know for sure that a fast digestion is better (less bacterial activity and endotoxin).
Dairy (especially cheese), fruits, meat, soups with gelatin, eggs work perfect for me. Recently I experiment with various different smoothies and milkshakes with all kinds of berries and fruits. Also very good for in between. And salt is very important, especially when eating lots of fruit and dairy.

Ah, and for the bloating I had good results with Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) in the past (when I was not eating very well). I don't know why it worked but it improved my digestion and bowel movements significantly.
I don't know why but I need to eat ultra-processed food, i.e. chocolate, sugar, ice cream, etc. I base my diet on real food but I add these processed foods too (without PUFA). If I just limit my diet in animal products, dairy and fruits (without starches, legumes, sugar) I have cravings for sugar or calorie-dense food and my weight drops if I keep eating only real food. Eating more real food doesn't work because my digestion get worse.

Hans

Forum Supporter

Should I stop eating starch to have the flat abdomen I had when I was a teenager? I insist, it is not about fat.
Bloating is usually due to carb malabsorption. If your body doesn't secrete enough digestive enzymes, then starch malabsorption can occur, which then foods the gut bacteria to produce gas. Not all fibers or starches cause malabsorption or fermentation, so you'll have to see which affects you the worse. Also, perhaps try digestive enzymes.

VitoScaletta

it was possible for me at one point. It's important to pick the right starch and to eat the starch freshly cooked and warm and to chew and salivate a lot. It's also best to eat smaller portions more often and not combine the starch with anything other than pro-kinetic antimicrobial spices such as ginger, cinnamon. The thing that bloats me personally is eggs (probably the whites)- they can leave me bloated for the whole day while I can eat 1 kg potatoes in a sitting and have a flat stomach 1.5 h later. Eating too many different foods at once can also bloat me
Thanks for your input sir

OP
V

Vins7

Bloating is usually due to carb malabsorption. If your body doesn't secrete enough digestive enzymes, then starch malabsorption can occur, which then foods the gut bacteria to produce gas. Not all fibers or starches cause malabsorption or fermentation, so you'll have to see which affects you the worse. Also, perhaps try digestive enzymes.
And could be all type of carbs causing this bloating? Just more carbs=more bloating? I just eat in a day rice, refined sugar and some kiwis and I'm bloated. Other day I change to other carbs and the same it seems that carbs in general bloat me.
Could it be like I mention?

OP
V

Vins7

I forgot mention that after three endoscopies, the result in one of them is "Duodenal mucosa shows superficial flattening of villi" . My doctor mentioned that it was not celiac disease because in that case the study and report of the samples would yield other more concrete information about the problem in the villi.
My doctor said that it could be due to some past infection, sibo (my two lactulose tests show that I don't suffer sibo) or Non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
So, he mentioned could be Non-celiac gluten sensitivity and I could try no gluten for several months.
I just avoided gluten for one month and I didn't notice any improvement.

SamYo123

And could be all type of carbs causing this bloating? Just more carbs=more bloating? I just eat in a day rice, refined sugar and some kiwis and I'm bloated. Other day I change to other carbs and the same it seems that carbs in general bloat me.
Simple sugars bloat me too along with milk creates skin inflammation I can feel my chin area start to "burn" as the redness comes on within about 20miniutes of consuming sometimes

Starch is fine unless its wheat or gluten in pasta but then i cant eat starch without some form of fructose on it

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
If your pancreas doesn't secrete enough enzymes, then any food/carbs can be a problem. Intestinal inflammation and/or SIBO can also cause this.