Flaky skin all over the body, extremely cracked lips.

Ratatopo

I am 18 years old. My hair has been thinning since I started puberty. My scalp, legs, arms and even jaw, eyebrow and eyelashes flake this dusty skin. I noticed that I look more pale than in previous years and my hair situation is deteriorating. I just wanted to know if this situation sounds familiar to any of you, like a deficiency or what. My current diet is

Brekfast: 3 eggs, coffee, sugar and milk
Lunch: chicken or salmon, rice, coffee
Orange juice and milk throughout the day (not much because it's kinda expensive)
Dinner: tuna and tortilla

Of course I have to cover the basics like more sunlight or improve thyroid but I just wanted to know if this sounds like a deficiency, specially because the lips and hair situation has been happening for years

I will add liver and oysters to the diet. I wish I could eat much more but we don't have money like that.

Pictures: I scratched my lower leg a little bit and this is what came out.
20220118_171045.jpg

20220118_170837.jpg

20220118_172420.jpg

L

Lord Cola

Raw carrots or boiled bamboo shoots with some saturated fat and salt help improve digestion. Distilled white vinegar with those can help too. Bad digestion and constipation can cause dry flaky skin.

redsun

I am 18 years old. My hair has been thinning since I started puberty. My scalp, legs, arms and even jaw, eyebrow and eyelashes flake this dusty skin. I noticed that I look more pale than in previous years and my hair situation is deteriorating. I just wanted to know if this situation sounds familiar to any of you, like a deficiency or what. My current diet is

Orange juice and milk throughout the day (not much because it's kinda expensive)

Of course I have to cover the basics like more sunlight or improve thyroid but I just wanted to know if this sounds like a deficiency, specially because the lips and hair situation has been happening for years

I will add liver and oysters to the diet. I wish I could eat much more but we don't have money like that.

View attachment 32515

View attachment 32514
View attachment 32513

You have low steroid hormone production probably because of this low iron and low zinc diet that you are eating. Androgens are what increase sebum secretion which is needed for maintaining the moisture in your skin. You are getting a decent amount of cholesterol from eggs which is good but I would suggest more red meat and oysters occasionally. Probably shouldnt eat liver as the high vitamin A content tends to make dry skin even worse. Limit dairy to no more than 3 servings a day as too much calcium inhibits iron absorption. More red meats and also some cuts of chicken have higher zinc like drumsticks and thighs. If you eat oyster it will probably improve it quickly since it has tons of minerals especially zinc.

K

Kaur Singh

Flaky skin and cracking lips like that
can be seen in B vitamins deff.
[i would be careful about supplementing B6]

liver and other internal organs = good source of Bs
what was it? 180 grams a week is enough
check on this
it's cheaper than supplements - yes?

in general, working on all things to improve your metabolism
will improve your bodies uptake and use of vitamins
and not wasting them to stress

so read Peat
and start understanding his framework
and how to apply it to your specific situation

i recall him mentioning something about paleness and vitamin K

what fruits are affordable in your area?
in season etc
you can freeze then for when they are not in season/get more expensive etc
find what works within your means and usually local = cheaper.

good luck!

Vanset

agree with @redsun

remove the tuna and add like 200g of ground beef daily. i don't think you need to reduce dairy though.

meanwhile you can do these things:
- a blood test of steroid hormones
- trying a zinc supplement, i personally think that l-opti zinc is the most potent one, but not sure how 'approved' it is

Summer

I’ve had the same exact condition for so many years now. I’ll just say that dairy, red meat, and zinc never changed my condition. I’m thinking it has something to do with the liver and/or gallbladder. Hoping you find answers.

Edit: for clarity, I think the issue may stem from the body’s ability to properly utilize fat.

Last edited:

DrJ

What others have said and you probably need more folate. Ever track how much of that you get per day?

OP
R

Ratatopo

Raw carrots or boiled bamboo shoots with some saturated fat and salt help improve digestion. Distilled white vinegar with those can help too. Bad digestion and constipation can cause dry flaky skin.
I will be more consistent with the carrot salad!
You have low steroid hormone production probably because of this low iron and low zinc diet that you are eating. Androgens are what increase sebum secretion which is needed for maintaining the moisture in your skin. You are getting a decent amount of cholesterol from eggs which is good but I would suggest more red meat and oysters occasionally. Probably shouldnt eat liver as the high vitamin A content tends to make dry skin even worse. Limit dairy to no more than 3 servings a day as too much calcium inhibits iron absorption. More red meats and also some cuts of chicken have higher zinc like drumsticks and thighs. If you eat oyster it will probably improve it quickly since it has tons of minerals especially zinc.
One thing I forgot to mention. I need to wash my hair daily because it's super greasy the next day and in combination with difusse thinning It looks horrible. I tried no shampoo for 6 months and did nothing. About the calcium, I red that dry lips could me calcium deficiency but eggshell powder did nothing so I am gonna drop.
Flaky skin and cracking lips like that
can be seen in B vitamins deff.
[i would be careful about supplementing B6]

liver and other internal organs = good source of Bs
what was it? 180 grams a week is enough
check on this
it's cheaper than supplements - yes?

in general, working on all things to improve your metabolism
will improve your bodies uptake and use of vitamins
and not wasting them to stress

so read Peat
and start understanding his framework
and how to apply it to your specific situation

i recall him mentioning something about paleness and vitamin K

what fruits are affordable in your area?
in season etc
you can freeze then for when they are not in season/get more expensive etc
find what works within your means and usually local = cheaper.

good luck!
Thanks! I will research the prices and find a way.
I’ve had the same exact condition for so many years now. I’ll just say that dairy, red meat, and zinc never changed my condition. I’m thinking it has something to do with the liver and/or gallbladder. Hoping you find answers.

Edit: for clarity, I think the issue may stem from the body’s ability to properly utilize fat.
Thanks. How old are you and when did it start?
What others have said and you probably need more folate. Ever track how much of that you get per day?
I never kept track of that, I will research about it. Thanks!

HLP

View attachment 32515

View attachment 32514
View attachment 32513
Increase quality butter intake.

Summer

I will be more consistent with the carrot salad!

One thing I forgot to mention. I need to wash my hair daily because it's super greasy the next day and in combination with difusse thinning It looks horrible. I tried no shampoo for 6 months and did nothing. About the calcium, I red that dry lips could me calcium deficiency but eggshell powder did nothing so I am gonna drop.

Thanks! I will research the prices and find a way.

Thanks. How old are you and when did it start?

I never kept track of that, I will research about it. Thanks!
I’m in my early 30s and I can say I’ve had this at least since I was 16. On a somewhat related note, my doctor diagnosed me with Gilbert’s Syndrome based on other symptoms. It’s supposed to be a benign condition in which liver doesn’t properly process bilirubin, but I’ve read many accounts of people with it that’s say they don’t tolerate fat very well among other things. I’m currently supplementing TUDCA to see if it could be a bile issue.

NanMitch

View attachment 32515

View attachment 32514
View attachment 32513
Eat a balanced diet with more variety. You eat a very limited diet: more fruits and vegetables and red meat.