Flakes On Scalp And Face Have Increased Since Starting Vitamin A? Asprin And K?

RayPeatFan777

Very strange. Its always been very bad but has recently got even worse since starting Vitamin A (2,500-5000) Aspirin (300mg) and Vitamin K (1mg). I cant work this one out.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Very strange. Its always been very bad but has recently got even worse since starting Vitamin A (2,500-5000) Aspirin (300mg) and Vitamin K (1mg). I cant work this one out.
If it were me I'd take a supplement vacation for a few weeks. If you feel you still want to take them then add them back one at a time to see if you can pinpoint the cause.

Gone Peating

I've been having some uncharacteristically bad dandruff, which I thought was just do to the cold weather. But I went into a tanning bed this past weekend and it cleared it all up, which makes me think it can be related to vitamin D

Luann

I don't take vitamin A, except what's in skim milk, but have peeling from the skin of my face. Vitamin E lotion seems to minimize the flakes.
I just started eating red meat again so we will see if maybe I was missing some minerals.

Marmot

Its probably the vitamin A, stop it for a couple of weeks. Vitamin A increase cell shredding

BTD

My face gets extremely red and flaky if I don't keep up with daily moisturizer and the use of hydrocortisone at least three times a week. The beard oil I use is a game changer, too, and it's more for the skin beneath the facial hair more than anything, so even if you are clean shaven it is beneficial. I'm not crazy about using hydrocortisone due to the thinning of the skin that it apparently causes in the long run, but it's a tried and true method. This only started really happening for me in 2012-2013 when I was 21-22 out of the blue.

I've noticed in the past when I've gone to the doctor and been prescribed prednisone that all the redness and flakiness goes away completely, so I have to assume it is an autoimmune/inflammatory reaction. Not sure if it is psoriasis or what. None of the dietary changes I've attempted in the last seven years have had an effect, so I'm not sure. It gets quite better during the summer when I'm out in the sunlight often, but not completely, and I keep my vitamin D levels optimal throughout the winter.

tankasnowgod

What was the Vitamin A product? Was it Retinyl Palmitate, or was it Beta Carotene?

Motif

My face gets extremely red and flaky if I don't keep up with daily moisturizer and the use of hydrocortisone at least three times a week. The beard oil I use is a game changer, too, and it's more for the skin beneath the facial hair more than anything, so even if you are clean shaven it is beneficial. I'm not crazy about using hydrocortisone due to the thinning of the skin that it apparently causes in the long run, but it's a tried and true method. This only started really happening for me in 2012-2013 when I was 21-22 out of the blue.

I've noticed in the past when I've gone to the doctor and been prescribed prednisone that all the redness and flakiness goes away completely, so I have to assume it is an autoimmune/inflammatory reaction. Not sure if it is psoriasis or what. None of the dietary changes I've attempted in the last seven years have had an effect, so I'm not sure. It gets quite better during the summer when I'm out in the sunlight often, but not completely, and I keep my vitamin D levels optimal throughout the winter.

Tried Low histamine ?

Or low salicylates ? Or low sulphur ?

GorillaHead

I think the sun helps not because of vitamin D but because the sun destroys the vitamin A.