Fixing Chronic Constipation Thread

equipoise

Meh I can't fix my constipation, it's a constant problem. Ever since quitting cigs it's gotten worse.
I just don't accept that I'm okay with couple of bowel movements okay and no ghost wipes.

I WANT GHOST WIPES! I get maybe one per every 10 days. BS

Apple

Often it is related to low stomach acid and betaine hydrochloride fixes the problem quick (and many other problems).

Last edited:

DMF

Try a bowl of Red Quinoa - stuff sends me to the bathroom 1 hour after I eat it.

OP
ecstatichamster
Well, you have to be aware of context.

I was using psyllium for over 25 years in large quantities.

I'm doing very well now comparatively.

I also have finally been able to get my thyroid activity higher it seems, with NDT and a little T3. I had tried NDT and I had tried pure T3 but for years it was a struggle but now my HR and my peristalsis seems better.

I also am having decent bowel movements. I use a little cascara, and some of the triphala powder. I take magnesium, but that is also because I get so much calcium. I'm not sure this is all such a bad thing.

I sense improvement...

M

metabolizm

starch, especially wheat, constipates and bloats me a lot.

edit: i should add that i sh*t like crazy if i increasy my fruit fiber :D At some point it was very annoying so i cut down the amount of the fiber that i eat.

+1, wheat is extremely constipating for me, even in relatively small amounts.

A couple of spoonfuls of virgin coconut oil is ramping up my metabolism, and therefore my thyroid also, plus L.Reuteri first thing in the morning is having a (small) effect of keeping me regular :D
Constipation is a absolutely horrible thing, you want to go, but cannot, and makes you feel 'off'.

M

metabolizm

@ecstatichamster

FWIW it's only 2pm and I've had two good bowel movements so far today. This is in the context of increased milk intake, increased saturated fat, zero supplements and very low fibre intake. Strangely enough, it's not in the context of eating more. If anything, I've been eating less, due to being sedentary. But my gut has been relatively happy today.

I think transit time and bowel health is mainly connected to freedom from intestinal irritation. No big revelation there. I think fibre can definitely irritate the intestine, but even low-fibre foods like refined wheat can cause constipation.

I'm starting to think that even one BM per day might actually be sub-optimal, and that two or more is what everyone should aim for. I mean, just because you only had one BM, it doesn't mean there's not more junk in there waiting to be evacuated. And why would you want that bacterial junk to be sitting there for longer than it needs to be?

Anyway, I realise that you seem to be free from constipation already. These are just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ecstatichamster
@metabolizm thank you.

I'm taking magnesium (which I need anyway), increasing my thyroid to reach optimal temperature and HR, and using cascara sagrada and lately the triphala. It works well. I think I still have major gut issues including H. Pylori in my stomach and probably high bacterial count in my small intestine.

I'm starting to take a little more antibiotics and may try L. Reuteri again as it is supposed to be helpful in colonizing the gut and secreting a good antibiotic on its own.

I get frequent headaches and "allergies" which I think are caused by gut issues.

2 or 3 bowel movements a day is probably much better than one. I get there most of the time (2). I can tell that transit time is still too long though.

OP
ecstatichamster
ecstatichamster. triphala is very high in aluminum
by the way are you still taking metergolin for high urination, if so how is I

you say that it is high in aluminum but I don't think it really is.

I am taking metergoline for it's prolactin suppression benefit, nothing to do with frequent urination.

ilhanxx

3mg dose oral lugol update: 2 or 3 times full clean and speed bowel movement in a day, I realized that when the bowels get clean, libido is going up.

Geronimo

3mg dose oral lugol update: 2 or 3 times full clean and speed bowel movement in a day, I realized that when the bowels get clean, libido is going up.
I experienced this in a profound manner as well. I mean with the libido part. Psyllium is really hit or miss for me. But one time I took it and had a few crazy bowel movements afterwards. My legs felt totally different, like fresher and lighter. And my libido went totally crazy. Of course a few days later I went back to feeling like crap after psyllium constipated me. It can work, but I think you need to drink obscene amounts of water with it. I had a bowel obstruction that lasted 2 days with it once, so I've dropped it. I felt a massive lump in my abdomen and couldn't bring myself to eat for 36 hours. But the one time it did work felt like a miracle.

Yep, I notice this too, I have added L.Reuteri for guaranteed daily BM's.

gaze

@ecstatichamster

FWIW it's only 2pm and I've had two good bowel movements so far today. This is in the context of increased milk intake, increased saturated fat, zero supplements and very low fibre intake. Strangely enough, it's not in the context of eating more. If anything, I've been eating less, due to being sedentary. But my gut has been relatively happy today.

I think transit time and bowel health is mainly connected to freedom from intestinal irritation. No big revelation there. I think fibre can definitely irritate the intestine, but even low-fibre foods like refined wheat can cause constipation.

I'm starting to think that even one BM per day might actually be sub-optimal, and that two or more is what everyone should aim for. I mean, just because you only had one BM, it doesn't mean there's not more junk in there waiting to be evacuated. And why would you want that bacterial junk to be sitting there for longer than it needs to be?

Anyway, I realise that you seem to be free from constipation already. These are just my two cents.

what did you eat all day and the day before?

M

metabolizm

what did you eat all day and the day before?

Nothing special really, mostly Peaty stuff, with some white rice and mashed potatoes, and some chocolate. The main thing was low fibre, more whole milk (but still much less than is commonly consumed around here), and very well cooked starch. Just paying close attention to my gut and making sure it wasn't being irritated (which it so often is).

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals