Fixes for low SHBG

Milan555

Has anyone fixed their low SHBG and raised Testosterone in the process? I have low SHBG and low total testosterone (300).
I've been told to improve insulin sensitivity, metabolic syndrome, and loose weight.
Does anyone recommend any supplements that can help fix this issue? I want to avoid TRT or any drugs, if they're not needed. From what I read, exogenous T will only suppress SHBG further and cause estradiol issues.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Has anyone fixed their low SHBG and raised Testosterone in the process? I have low SHBG and low total testosterone (300).
I've been told to improve insulin sensitivity, metabolic syndrome, and loose weight.
Does anyone recommend any supplements that can help fix this issue? I want to avoid TRT or any drugs, if they're not needed. From what I read, exogenous T will only suppress SHBG further and cause estradiol issues.
How's your diet?
Are you insulin sensitive?
Various nutrients such as vit D, zinc, magnesium, etc, can increase testosterone, but only if you're deficient in them.
In terms of supps, it's unlikely to make a big difference, but you can try. I like Mike Mahlers testosterone booster or gorilla mind's T booster.

Kvothe

How's your diet?
Are you insulin sensitive?
Various nutrients such as vit D, zinc, magnesium, etc, can increase testosterone, but only if you're deficient in them.
In terms of supps, it's unlikely to make a big difference, but you can try. I like Mike Mahlers testosterone booster or gorilla mind's T booster.
Eat less protein, more carbohydrate, preferably a mix of sucrose and starch. That will increase your thyroid level, improve insulin levels and therby increase SHBG. Taking a T3 supplement or good mixed supplement would probably be the fastest way to increase it significantly. Eating insoluble fiber will help to increase it, too. Oh, and start smoking.

"The dietary components that correlated best with SHBG levels were protein and fiber. Protein intake, which is marginally significant when tested by simple correlation, is more strongly significant when tested using multiple regression. Thus, the lower the protein intake, the higher the concentration of SHBG. This mirrors our findings in rabbits (20) and indicates that protein intake can be an important control of SHBG level."

1652825547448.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Eat less protein, more carbohydrate, preferably a mix of sucrose and starch. That will increase your thyroid level, improve insulin levels and therby increase SHBG. Taking a T3 supplement or good mixed supplement would probably be the fastest way to increase it significantly. Eating insoluble fiber will help to increase it, too. Oh, and start smoking.

"The dietary components that correlated best with SHBG levels were protein and fiber. Protein intake, which is marginally significant when tested by simple correlation, is more strongly significant when tested using multiple regression. Thus, the lower the protein intake, the higher the concentration of SHBG. This mirrors our findings in rabbits (20) and indicates that protein intake can be an important control of SHBG level."

View attachment 36854
Yes all relevant points, but we have no idea how much protein he eats. It could be 80g daily. We barely know anything about him, e.g. weight, activity level, sleep, diet composition, sunlight exposure, stress, etc.

Kvothe

Yes all relevant points, but we have no idea how much protein he eats. It could be 80g daily. We barely know anything about him, e.g. weight, activity level, sleep, diet composition, sunlight exposure, stress, etc.
It's safe to assume that he is hypothyroid given the low testosterone and low SHBG. Lowering protein intake is very likely to improve both since it will increase the metabolic rate. What does your diet look like @Milan555 ?

Hans

Forum Supporter
It's safe to assume that he is hypothyroid given the low testosterone and low SHBG. Lowering protein intake is very likely to improve both since it will increase the metabolic rate. What does your diet look like @Milan555 ?
Maybe, maybe not. Meat and dairy intake are really important to optimize thyroid function. Low thyroid is often a symptom. Dr Doug that I had on my podcast said that thyroid is the most overprescribed med.
People can easily fix their thyroid problems by eating better. And having more protein for zinc, selenium, iron, B-vits, etc. Need those micros and animal foods are the best source of micros.

GreekDemiGod

I also have low SHBG and low T

@Hans I was reading in a recent newsletter of yours:
An inflammatory diet, which damages the liver, lowers SHBG (R). Fatty liver also correlated inversely with SHBG. The more inflamed the liver, the lower SHBG usually is

@Milan555 How's your liver?

Thyroid hormone, caffeine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals