Fitting Into A Box: Societies Work Force & Personality Types

LUH 3417

I'm seeing your point. Thank you!
Thank you for the conversation. I’m sorry if you think I said stay at home moms and their children are not smart. That’s not at all what I meant and why I prefaced it with “this is a complex topic”. The worst thing for intelligence is helplessness. Some people see a dead end job as promoting helplessness while for others an economic opportunity can be a real way out of helplessness. There’s a lot more nuance to why we choose the things we do than what may appear on the surface, clearly you know that.

Momado965

The problem is they are co-workers, and furthermore he is in a position of power over her. A teacher shouldn't have relations with a student, a doctor shouldn't have relations with a patient. It's unprofessional. If she refuses and he fires her, or demotes her, there will always be the question of whether or not he did these things because she refused him. If she agrees and gets a promotion, there will be the question of whether he did this because they were sleeping together.

It's also a crude way of asking. At least court the lady.

Also, if he is married and trying to have an affair without his wife knowing, then he is a POS. If you want to sleep around, don't get married. It's quite simple.

MGTOWs do not court “ladies”. He does not have “power” over her. He asked a simple question. She rejected and said no. That’s about it. There isnt anything “unprofessional” about a man wanting to **** a woman. Its a natural desire and people can go about it maritally or non maritally. Had he been her “type” she would not have posted this thread and tended and befriended LOL. The dude must be really bad at getting chicks otherwise he could have “swept her off her feet” and they had good or bad sex hahaha!

schultz

MGTOWs do not court “ladies”. He does not have “power” over her. He asked a simple question. She rejected and said no. That’s about it. There isnt anything “unprofessional” about a man wanting to **** a woman. Its a natural desire and people can go about it maritally or non maritally. Had he been her “type” she would not have posted this thread and tended and befriended LOL. The dude must be really bad at getting chicks otherwise he could have “swept her off her feet” and they had good or bad sex hahaha!

I consider it to be unprofessional. I guess I'm old fashioned.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

literally this is what I always hear from females "I'm far from a stereotypical woman. I do not care much about appearance nor social talk and so I do not attract that kind of attention." or "what did you do to feed into this attention" Even these full feminist women who publically say its the patriarchy's fault do not say that one of one with other females. when I tell them these things they immediately feed into what I possibly did. Unfortunately, I am a soft person naturally. I feel alot, and I care alot, and when a boss I look up to does that it does not make me feel good. I am very feminine, but I have this side of me that wants more and drives me to succeed. and it is a strong drive. not even because of money or status. I want to grow and be better in all aspects no matter what it is....whether its family, work, working out, and HEALTH. thats why I am on this forum like I think most of you, I think we all (on this forum) strive for at very least optimum health. We all have that personality trait here. I'm a very emotional caring type A personality. so basically I am screwed. I think working may make me rougher around the edges and not care as much. its an unfortunate truth.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

I have a lot of attractive female coworkers in my workplace and I never look at them as sexual objects because I believe in the saying, “don’t eat where you sh*t.” My work is where I get my money, I don’t want to disturb that place. Plus, if you are in a relationship, would you want your woman to look at their men? So the golden rule is really helpful to remember.
If a woman is appearing so sexualized in a event, I try to avoid them. And in your case, you could just say no politely.

I agree and I did politely say no. But he has not stopped although it is less blatant. I'm learning not to let it bother me so much though.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

Its funny how OP is playing the victim card when all what happened was a simple question for consensual sex.
It wasnt just a question of consenual sex, he is trying to put me constantly on a platform afterwards... so I feel like I owe him. he emailed board members CCing me saying this is the shining star of our company... which I guess many would be like awesome. but no he is my VP he could fire me!! I feel like I am constantly walking on egg shells at my work. I want to be professional but in reality I would avoid this person. lots of my work deals with travel and he stays at the same hotels as me. its uncomfortable. He isnt letting up. he never apologized or said simply hey, I get it you dont feel that way lets keep it professional... he is using these tactics and its difficult to know what to do. I want to focus on work. period, If this was the first time this happened I wouldnt feel so stuck in this never ending theme. its frustrating and I am starting to see why these women finally say **** it and start taking legal action. I really just want him to leave me alone and let my work speak for itself.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

anyways I guess what I have to finally say is I see why so many people are hardened out there. our society creates sociopaths. Ray Peat is right

yerrag

It wasnt just a question of consenual sex, he is trying to put me constantly on a platform afterwards... so I feel like I owe him. he emailed board members CCing me saying this is the shining star of our company... which I guess many would be like awesome. but no he is my VP he could fire me!! I feel like I am constantly walking on egg shells at my work. I want to be professional but in reality I would avoid this person. lots of my work deals with travel and he stays at the same hotels as me. its uncomfortable. He isnt letting up. he never apologized or said simply hey, I get it you dont feel that way lets keep it professional... he is using these tactics and its difficult to know what to do. I want to focus on work. period, If this was the first time this happened I wouldnt feel so stuck in this never ending theme. its frustrating and I am starting to see why these women finally say **** it and start taking legal action. I really just want him to leave me alone and let my work speak for itself.

I hate seeing you in that situation. If the VP has raging hormones, he shouldn't be preying on you to meet his needs. There are other avenues where he can relieve himself of his sexual tension. Why he has to involve you, despite your objection and refusal to participite, is disrespectful and malicious. It makes me wonder about the culture of the company you're in, when perverts get promoted to VP. Is he an exception in that company? I hope so. The guy's in a position to help you develop as a mentor, but instead he chose to use his power to prey on a subordinate. If that is the kind of company you work for, I hope you're keeping yourself protected, and not risk any chance of putting yourself in a vulnerable situation with him. And keep doing your work well, so that you can move to a better company.

The workplace is such that the path of least resistance is how problems are usually resolved. HR isn't so much concerned about actually punishing harassment as showing a good face for the company. It indulges itself in useless platitudes, but rarely takes the effort to kick out officers with personality disorders, so long as they bring in the big bucks. When someone is outed, there's a hundred that gets away with it. I think the situation is much worse in large corporations. The accountability is always on the bottom line. Ethics are in the bottom rung of the totem pole. The larger the company, the more pervasive this impersonal aspect. Not unlike having a large government.

Human nature is like this. It will revert to the mean. You could clean up house, but the house will eventually get soiled again.

somuch4food

literally this is what I always hear from females "I'm far from a stereotypical woman. I do not care much about appearance nor social talk and so I do not attract that kind of attention." or "what did you do to feed into this attention" Even these full feminist women who publically say its the patriarchy's fault do not say that one of one with other females. when I tell them these things they immediately feed into what I possibly did. Unfortunately, I am a soft person naturally. I feel alot, and I care alot, and when a boss I look up to does that it does not make me feel good. I am very feminine, but I have this side of me that wants more and drives me to succeed. and it is a strong drive. not even because of money or status. I want to grow and be better in all aspects no matter what it is....whether its family, work, working out, and HEALTH. thats why I am on this forum like I think most of you, I think we all (on this forum) strive for at very least optimum health. We all have that personality trait here. I'm a very emotional caring type A personality. so basically I am screwed. I think working may make me rougher around the edges and not care as much. its an unfortunate truth.

I didn't mean to attack you. I just think that unfortunately you are attractive and so more men try to approach. Like you mentioned, I think it's a societal problem. Men have always been allowed to make those moves without much consequences, but that's slowly changing with movements like #metoo.

The thing is there will always have people that abuse power whether for sexual or financial reasons.

Ableton

If someone wants sex with you, the difference between him being a creep or not is in his attractivity, first and foremost. For men and women alike. Imagine the most attractive person ypu can asking you to have sex with him/her. You would be flattered at least, and even if you didn’t give in because of a relationship you would brush it off as a kinky joke or something, while probably thinking about it all the time. If an unattractive person does that kind of move, it is seen even as offensive, and creepy as ****. The difference can be in as little as having hair or not, being in shape or not, and other markers of health and youth. If you are above a certain threshold in attractivity, you can get away with almost anything.
What does this tell us? You have to know your value and act accordingly. Men overrate how sexy power/money is. It’s sexy, but not as sexy as looks. Using power/money to get sex is seen as immoral, using looks is seen as well, being yourself, as moral. In other words, you are your looks, largely.
This guy doesn’t let go because he overrates himself.

Waynish

Before I graduated college I worked many service industry jobs I was always exposed to certain personality types in my bosses and I foolishly thought this would all change in my "white collar" career.

I was very wrong.

I am shocked at the unprofessionalism I have witnessed and I work for a company whose CEO is a female and the company is a very modern tech driven business. My boss is the VP of marketing and has straight forward asked me if I would have an affair with him. Fortunately, I work remotely so I do not have to work in the same office as him, but business trips I interact with him and online meetings.

Is this just a personality type that is pervasive today? I wonder how many women deal with this. I have since I started working at 16. I have had many jobs and none of these men are scared to say this kind of stuff amongst many other things.

so many women must just let it go.

I am interested in hearing people's experiences in the work force whether its along these lines or not. I would like to have more insight on the personalities that succeed in the business world.

“Leadership qualities overlap with cruelty and stupidity"-Ray Peat

Beautiful young girls think it is "freedom" to serve a random company during their prime years, but to serve their husband and have a family is "slavery." Nuts; but that's how propaganda works! I would take it as a sign if I were you that the whole professional life is a sham.

Gone Peating

You can find work that fits your personality type. Some things that come to mind are physical therapist, nurse, teacher, maybe even baker if you’re interested in cooking

Gone Peating

Beautiful young girls think it is "freedom" to serve a random company during their prime years, but to serve their husband and have a family is "slavery." Nuts; but that's how propaganda works! I would take it as a sign if I were you that the whole professional life is a sham.[/QUOTE]

Great point

Ableton

I have met beautiful prime girls who see through the matrix. They wait till their late 20s to start working (privileged ofc) and then quickly marry and get a kid. They live the dream from like 16-27. huge social circles, lots of casual sex with good looking men. They also know when their prime ends which is when they get interested in bei g with one man. That’s pretty brutal to dudes who never made those experiences

Luann

I have met beautiful prime girls who see through the matrix. They wait till their late 20s to start working (privileged ofc) and then quickly marry and get a kid.
I appreciate your nod to the role "privilege" has in this model of marriage. The world of modern work is pretty deadly to the female soul I think. And many conservative-leaning young ladies like myself, would like to live a traditional lifestyle but we are still working & dreaming toward it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals