Fitness And Metabolism

4peatssake

Blinkyrocket said:
4peatssake said:
Blinkyrocket said:
I have read those articles and understand the connection but what I'm wondering now is why when someone gauges health they go by how out of breath you get when doing a physical activity, for example: a long time ago I was playing football with a few people and one guy was like "you guys are out of breath already?" And he was a fitness "freak" sorta.

What I wonder is how to not get out of breath without endurance exercise, I envy people who can run around and breathe easy and smoothe.
keenan's post on cliff's blog provides some great tips for dealing with the stress of any kind of exertion although your mileage will vary.
Measuring health by how out of breath one gets during physical activity isn't helpful. If you are unable to breath comfortably through your nose during you are over exerting yourself.
RP recommends bag breathing to increase CO2.
Cliffs blog?
I posted it upthread in my first replay to you.

Forum member cliff wrote a great blog post for athlete's following a Ray Peat inspired diet.
The post is actually by his brother keenan. They both surf.

4peatssake

There Charlie reposted :lol:

4peatssake

tara said:
oxidation_is_normal said:
Blinkyrocket said:
Besides this was mostly a theoretical post, I just like to know things and feel like I'm learning them from a reliable source.

You go on to more emotional posts... "I've tried but then I feel like I'm suffocating..."
This is a description of a physical sensation, not emotion. I assume it is accurate, and it seems very relevant to the issue blinky is trying to figure out.
I don't think it is neurotic to try to figure out how to address a major health issue.
I agree.
I don't think it's helpful to judge a person as neurotic either.

tara

4peatssake said:
I don't think it's helpful to judge a person as neurotic either.
I agree.

4peatssake

Blinkyrocket said:
You can't optimize for everything. Decide what you want, focus on it, and let go of the neuroticism perfectionism. This is especially important at age 19.
Hey, you can't just let go of neuroticism, it's a part of me :P

And the ego fights back. Go outside and get off the computer :)
Please be more respectful toward other forum members.
It is not helpful to tell people what they should be doing and label them as being neurotic and perfectionist.

It's perceive, think, act not judge, label and scorn.

Why is saying "that's low thyroid" totally fine, while saying "that's neurotic" totally terrible? Neither is a judgement... It's similar to: "you're stupid," versus "you're acting stupid."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals