Fish Oil [Experiences]

redhead19047

I was wondering what benfits anyone has had from not taking fish oils. I am taking fish oils and was thinking of stopping for a while to see what happens. Right now eveyone is recommending Krill oil. I know Dr. Peat is against the fish oils and seed oils. Does that mean not eating pumpkin seeds and I guess sunflower seeds. This is really confusing as these are recommended by everyones these days.

J

j.

Re: Fish Oil

I saw some of the issues that I had for years disappear 3 months after stopping consumption not only of oils high in PUFA, but also of all significant sources of polyunsaturated fats.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

When I was taking cod liver oil, it was some of the worst feeling times of my life.

PeatFeat

I took about 900 mg of fish oil capsules a day for a few years. I stopped about 5 months ago and haven't notice any difference, which shows how overrated they are at least.

4peatssake

redhead19047 said:
I was wondering what benfits anyone has had from not taking fish oils. I am taking fish oils and was thinking of stopping for a while to see what happens. Right now eveyone is recommending Krill oil. I know Dr. Peat is against the fish oils and seed oils. Does that mean not eating pumpkin seeds and I guess sunflower seeds. This is really confusing as these are recommended by everyones these days.

It's all explained in this article.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml

I was going to quote a few things but would have ended up cutting and pasting the entire article.

In my opinion this is MUST reading.

BTW, I don't listen to "everyone." That idea scares the crap out of me.

We can help each other yes, but ultimate we all must do our own due diligence and determine what works best for our individual situation. This is why context is so important to Ray Peat. None of us is the same so the concept of something working for everyone is flawed from the start.

And when you start with an error, everything that flows from it is flawed because it is contaminated by a false premise. Our entire society has been created like this and the so-called "mainstream" is constructed upon countless error and lies.

gretchen

Charlie said:
When I was taking cod liver oil, it was some of the worst feeling times of my life.

I got insomnia from just a few tablespoons of CLO.

pboy

PeatFeat said:
I took about 900 mg of fish oil capsules a day for a few years. I stopped about 5 months ago and haven't notice any difference, which shows how overrated they are at least.

I never really liked fish growing up, but ate it a few years ago because it was supposedly healthy, noticed nothing, stopped eating it...also noticed nothing. basically I agree, its relatively inert but fish smells nasty and is overpriced so that's enough for me not to eat it