Fish Head Broth

Peatogenic

I use three snapper fish heads and simmer on stovetop. Exactly the same way you might prepare chicken or beef bone broth. The difference is that fish heads only need to cook between two and three hours and you get an incredibly gelatin rich broth. Avoid high fat fish like salmon, as the broth just doesn't taste right in my opinion. With snapper it's a very delicate fish taste.

"Broth and soup made with fishheads are rich in iodine, thyroid-strengthening substances, and fat-soluble vitamins. Although a fish does not have an actual thyroid gland, but rather diffuse thyroid follicles with many located in the head (notably around the eye area and the pharynx), the good news is that these follicles are very similar to mammalian thyroid tissue.” - Sarah Pope

cardochav

Very nice where do you get the heads? You think freshwater trout would be a good option?

reaching

Thinking about trying this out. Has anyone else done this? Fish heads are super cheap where I am.

Thinking about trying this out. Has anyone else done this? Fish heads are super cheap where I am.
I'm curious also. I would like to know what are the "safest" fish heads to make a soup with and how many ...let's say... heads per liter of water :)
Did anyone experience thyroid stimulating effect by consuming fish head soup?

reaching

I'm curious also. I would like to know what are the "safest" fish heads to make a soup with and how many ...let's say... heads per liter of water :)
Did anyone experience thyroid stimulating effect by consuming fish head soup?
Didn’t do anything from me.
Coconut oil and white rice is my go to for warming up and energy. I add soy sauce and raw egg yolk sometimes.

TacoVampire

has anyone every made this in an INSTAPOT? how long would that need to cook for. thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals