Fish And Dairy

Wagner83

Westside reported something similar, but I notice that mixing fish and dairy (in different meals) leads to really bad and smellyful farts. Has anyone else noticed the same? It is a bit annoying as fish can be a good source of low-fat proteins that provides variety (and can be bought cheap enough, frozen).

PS: I'm aiming for thread of the month.

Amazoniac

A possibility is when cheese is the sole (nice coincidence) protein source, it's difficult to be fermented, regardless if it slows down your intestines. But when you add the other protein to the story, problems start to appear.
However if by dairy you mean milk, according to Koch, lactose can acidify the intestines and create a favorable environment for installed pathogenic gurus to ferment proteid.

PS: I'm aiming for member of the month. With my avatar exposed as a role model for encouraged behavior.

OP
W

Wagner83

I don't get it with meat, only fish. I do not mean milk as I've had way too many issues from it, perhaps goat milk and sheep/goat cheese with enough coffee and bromelein will be ok at some point, I'd like to make them work. I could then call my life a success and stop trying.

T

tca300

20180324_140115.jpg

lvysaur

lactose can acidify the intestines and create a favorable environment for installed pathogenic gurus to ferment proteid.

but that's the opposite of what lactose does. Lactose promotes sugar fermenting bacteria, which are less harmful than protein fermenting ones.

Amazoniac

but that's the opposite of what lactose does. Lactose promotes sugar fermenting bacteria, which are less harmful than protein fermenting ones.
Milk isn't intended to be consumed with any other food, therefore its sugar can only take into account its composition. I have the impression that it's designed in a way that if anything bad happens, its purpose is indeed to let bacteria entertained and distracted with its sugar so that they don't turn to proteids. But on a mixed diet there are a lot of variables that can make lactose become a problem, favoring the exact bacteria that's responsible for biogenic amines generation.
Has Anyone Tried Sodium Acetate ? (for SIBO?)
Universal Test For Cancer Progression/Stage

OP
W

Wagner83

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jaa/2014/269797/
I wonder if it's related to the arginine/nitrate issue.
There's quite a bit of arginine in cod. I actually got a hard-on that wouldn't go away after eating but I'm not sure arginine was the cause. The odd thing is that it is the combination of the two that produces these results, other things can produce gas like fibers from fruits or greens (solids, even organic kale), but this is different, fish on its own is fine.
From one of your previous links :

In the same way, lysine is changed to cadaverine, histidine to histamine, ornithin to putrescine, tyrosine to tyramine, by such bacteria as B Cadaveris, E. Coli, Cl. Welchi, S. Fecalis, etc.

They also mention the necessity to keep bowels moving (cheese does the opposite) and how less proteins in the diet can help in that endeavor, something which tyw experienced.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wagner83

Well perhaps arginine played a part, along with sinusitis (triggered by redlight I think) I've been constipated for the last few days. The overall reaction felt bad, not sure if endotoxin built up from the dairy beforehand (I really tried) and the fish (+arginine) made me more sensitive to it or if it was there in the first place, but it felt bad, it had been a long time without feeling like that. There were warning signs. Some fresh horseradish helped but I haven't used any today so I'll see how things evolve. No coffee so that didn't help with BM.
Tips For Promoting Bowel Health And Preventing Constipation

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals