Fish And Chicken And Pork And Avocadoes

OP
yerrag

yerrag

That's a shame, since raising pork and poultry fits so well into the model of an integrated farm.
I hope there is a way out of this. I believe this to be possible in the context of a farm modeled after natural practices, and not defined by the big agri model of monoculture crops used as fodder. If pigs and chicken were to stay away from corn and whatever fodder that is replete with PUFA, what food would they grow on, that can be made available locally? Perhaps we've just become accustomed to the current mainstays, and perhaps alternatives have for so long been marginalized and left to the far outer fringe, that it is hard to think of them from the top of our head.

BobbyDukes

Was the context one where he was suggesting making fruits a major part of the diet? If so, maybe he's reminding that that doesn't mean it's a good idea to get half your calories from avocados, rather than that one should never have a little guacamole?

Not sure; but think you're probably right.

dfspcc20

I hope there is a way out of this. I believe this to be possible in the context of a farm modeled after natural practices, and not defined by the big agri model of monoculture crops used as fodder. If pigs and chicken were to stay away from corn and whatever fodder that is replete with PUFA, what food would they grow on, that can be made available locally? Perhaps we've just become accustomed to the current mainstays, and perhaps alternatives have for so long been marginalized and left to the far outer fringe, that it is hard to think of them from the top of our head.

There are alternatives that can be more sustainable and nutritious on many levels. The big agri, centralized, mechanized, chemical-dependent model wins out, though, because it can externalize costs and get the most profit.

I think the problem isn't "greed", per se. The primary reason is with money and how it is created (as interest-bearing debt), and going deeper, with our concept of self and our relationship to each other, nature, the earth, the universe, etc. These things enable the greed and make it not only acceptable, but desirable. These aren't really my thoughts; I've been a big fan of Charles Eisenstein for many years now, and he goes a lot deeper into all this. But I digress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals