Fisetin Anyone?

It seems to have excellent reviews on Amazon which actually says a lot. I got some and I might start taking it. Just wondered if you have experience with it.

David PS

I have been experimenting with fisetin for about 2 years. It is difficult to say with any degree of certainty that it works. Since I am doing other things, I cannot attribute anything specifically to fisetin. It may sound like a cop-out, but I also purposefully use quite a bit of turmeric in my cooking. Here is fig 1 from a Lancet article showing curcumin is almost as effective in reducing senolytic cells as fisetin.
Google Image Result for https://els-jbs-prod-cdn.jbs.elsevierhealth.com/cms/attachment/75f18f3f-44a6-4005-8bb4-034c99d1b3c4/gr1.jpg

Here is a link to the Lancet article https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2352-3964(18)30373-6

Kram

It seems to have excellent reviews on Amazon which actually says a lot. I got some and I might start taking it. Just wondered if you have experience with it.
Have you tried fisetin yet? I have been interested in trying it out but some studies suggest it is serotonergic so have held off

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States

It's anti cell proliferation so it follows very well what Peat says about stress and cell division. I take it on and off. I notice a difference in stress and recovery but there doesn't seem to be a tolerance threshold so there's no harm in skipping or forgetting a day. Overall it's wroth having some of.

I don't think any studies have been done on anything but rats and mice, so I would be cautious about trusting those studies tbh. If everyone that reduced cancer by 90% or increased lifespan by 40% in mice worked for us some of the people in this forum would be destined to reach 400 or 500.

David PS

In a recent Youtube video with Danny Roddy, Ray indicated that fisetin was useful to help re-oxidize lactic acid back to pyruvate.
41:42 - Substances to help reoxidize lactic acid back to pyruvate​

thesport78

Does anybody know if fisetin interferes with thyroid medication? No thyroid over here and wanted to make sure it was safe to take.

Beastmode

Any updates on this experiment?

I just saw in a thread Peat suggesting it as a potential treatment for a complication of shingles I believe.

golder

Would love to hear more people’s opinions and experiences on this. It’s hard to know which flavones have a positive effect, and those which can potentially become estrogenic. One day you read a study highlighting their pro-metabolic and androgenic natire, then the next day you can read the opposite. Perhaps the dosage makes the poison with these specific compounds?