First Time Eating Dairy In 30 Years = Acne! Advice?

Ben Stone

I've not had dairy in over 30 years. I recently started eating raw hard cheeses and raw goats milk dairy, and some homemade dairy products from the raw goat milk. I previously had blemish free skin my entire adult life. I am in my late 40s. I have felt amazing on a carnivore diet for some time, but interested in experimenting with dairy and soon fruits to reduce meat intake. Result is some red skin blemishes on my forehead/temples mostly, and neck to a lesser degree!

Any thoughts as to why this would be happening and what could be done, short of cutting out dairy? I am supplement free and plan to stay that way. Thanks in advance!

baccheion

Eat as a meal by itself. Slowly introduce. Add just a little. Maybe you need more vitamin A.

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

Eat as a meal by itself. Slowly introduce. Add just a little. Maybe you need more vitamin A.

Thanks. I do eat 4 ounces of liver a week, down from 8-12 ounces weekly in prior year as I was concerned my intake was too high.

gaze

it’s cause the carnivore diet makes it so you can’t digest anything other than meat, so any food may have caused tht outbreak. I would try to transition away from a carnivore diet asap, but be careful because too big of changes can be too stressful. Fruit is probably the safest way to transition out so start adding those

OP
Ben Stone

Ben Stone

it’s cause the carnivore diet makes it so you can’t digest anything other than meat, so any food may have caused tht outbreak. I would try to transition away from a carnivore diet asap, but be careful because too big of changes can be too stressful. Fruit is probably the safest way to transition out so start adding those
Carnivore has been very good to me, I just felt like broadening my experiences - it does seem plausible that the 'biome must change over to process new food types, hope the answer is this simple and will take it slower!

Redshine

Noticed that liver (but you already eat that) and olive oil really helps with acne by me. Now I just have tiny outbreak on my back but nothing compared before addinh those 2 in meals. Think over time it will completely clear up

dreamcatcher

Maybe it's something to do with insulin resistance since milk has lactose in it and you increased your carbohydrate intake. Also, when we introduce new foods, the body needs a few days to start producing dose enzymes which help digesting that particular food. Maybe @Blossom can chime in.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Ben Stone, you’ve gotten good input which I agree with so there’s not much to add. If it’s important to you to try to make dairy work I’d go slow as already advised. It can take a few weeks for the body to adjust to any diet change. Some people report increased tolerance as metabolism increases as well so *if* your metabolism is compromised that could be another factor to consider. Best wishes to you.

Simon R.

Milk is a rich natural source of tryptophan. Since tryptophan promotes formation of serotonin which stimulates release of prolactin, and prolactin activates the formation of sebum (oil) by the skin, large amounts of milk could promote a tendency toward acne, when there is a deficiency of B6, thyroid, progesterone, etc.