First Time Coffee Drinker With No Good Experiences

Josh

So I started drinking coffee for the first time ever, been using a heaped table spoon in a paper filter and doing the drip method so that’s not strong at all.. (family members say weak!)

I also only drink it in the morning time along with a big meal (potatoes meat lots of butter, cheese, dates etc etc) I also drink it with tbsp of coconut oil and a few sugars..

Soon as i start drinking it I feel insanely spaced out, jittery, anxious.. feeling horrible in general..

What should I do? Continue or stop it?

If it’s best to start small, how small? Less than a tablespoon in filter and increase that?

YourUniverse

I initially reacted to coffee really similarly to what you're describing, "...I feel insanely spaced out, jittery, anxious.. feeling horrible in general.." <- more or less along those same lines.

Haidut wrote that caffeine is used as a test of liver health in some Euro countries. If it makes you feel shitty, you probably have a poorly functioning liver. Luckily, the remedy for poor liver health is... more caffeine!

I would recommend continuing with the coffee intake, as it would help clean and lean your liver out, which has TONS of benefits. A healthy liver is extremely important for metabolic health. Maybe some other members could help you with dealing with the symptoms, I just sort of powered through the bad feelings.

GL!

theLaw

@Josh

Taurine is a secret weapon for using caffeine if you have liver issues imo.

You can try Red Bull, or just order Taurine powder and take 500mg-several grams each time you drink caffeine. It's pretty tasteless, so powder is fine.

Taking equal amounts sugar + caffeine + Taurine (5oomg-5G) should allow you to use caffeine while you increase your dose.

Increasing caffeine can also increase the release of free-fatty-acids, which can cause all type of nasty reactions, so making sure your liver glycogen is full using (preferably) fruit juice + Taurine is probably a sound approach.

Amounts will be different for each person, so self-experimentation is best. Cheers!:D

fradon

So I started drinking coffee for the first time ever, been using a heaped table spoon in a paper filter and doing the drip method so that’s not strong at all.. (family members say weak!)

I also only drink it in the morning time along with a big meal (potatoes meat lots of butter, cheese, dates etc etc) I also drink it with tbsp of coconut oil and a few sugars..

Soon as i start drinking it I feel insanely spaced out, jittery, anxious.. feeling horrible in general..

What should I do? Continue or stop it?

If it’s best to start small, how small? Less than a tablespoon in filter and increase that?
try decaf it has about half the caffeine

aslo try small amounts of coffee and build up. coffee can also have a lot of mold/toxins. try to buy single sources ARIBICA BEAN COFFEE (like Columbian/Costa Rico/Guatemala) many coffees out there come from several sources (central america, africa, etc) and their growing conditions differ.

opethfeldt

I have a lot of experience with caffeine and coffee and I'm convinced it's something you can only use once you've gotten your health in a good place. If you have any cortisol problems or liver issues, caffeine is just going to make things worse. Once you are healthy, it's wonderful. You'll feel good drinking it as opposed to jittery and stressed. If caffeine makes you feel bad, dump it and keep improving your health. Once things are better, you might find you're able to reintroduce caffeine with good results.

Elron

You're probably having too much. Start at half the dose you're taking now then re-evaluate.

ddjd

Creatine is great to take before coffee. Completely stops the stress reaction

@Josh

You can try Red Bull, or just order Taurine powder and take 500mg-several grams each time you drink caffeine. It's pretty tasteless, so powder is fine.

Taking equal amounts sugar + caffeine + Taurine (5oomg-5G) should allow you to use caffeine while you increase your dose.

Increasing caffeine can also increase the release of free-fatty-acids, which can cause all type of nasty reactions, so making sure your liver glycogen is full using (preferably) fruit juice + Taurine is probably a sound approach.

Amounts will be different for each person, so self-experimentation is best. Cheers!:D

hi, why do you say taurine is good for liver damage? because it helps build glycogen? i have to say i have something similar to op, where i cant handle coffee due to stress, mostly caffeine, i have been avoiding coffee because of this, makes me light headed, which does show clearly a problem with glycogen imo

theLaw

hi, why do you say taurine is good for liver damage? because it helps build glycogen? i have to say i have something similar to op, where i cant handle coffee due to stress, mostly caffeine, i have been avoiding coffee because of this, makes me light headed, which does show clearly a problem with glycogen imo

Not precisely what I said, but here's the gist: Taurine can help with tolerating more caffeine, which can clean out the liver, so I guess it would technically be effective indirectly.

I've tested this now with Taurine powder and standard Red Bull, and it works similarly for me, although RB is much more expensive.

After adding Taurine and Tyromix, I no longer get any "hunger" or adrenaline feelings. I tried it with Taurine + apple-juice, and it was acceptable, but not as good as with Thyroid as well.

Not precisely what I said, but here's the gist: Taurine can help with tolerating more caffeine, which can clean out the liver, so I guess it would technically be effective indirectly.

I've tested this now with Taurine powder and standard Red Bull, and it works similarly for me, although RB is much more expensive.

After adding Taurine and Tyromix, I no longer get any "hunger" or adrenaline feelings. I tried it with Taurine + apple-juice, and it was acceptable, but not as good as with Thyroid as well.

do you know why it helps with tolerating caffeine ?

Look up taurine, they consistently add it to energy drinks for calming

yeah, i'm trying to find out the exact mechanism that it helps with, i understand the general concepts behind it, but i want to know why it helps with caffeine specifically or what it is doing. so far, my thought is it allows more glycogen buildup, but i don't know if that is the reason, so far these are some of effects i have found it helps with, but i dont know how it helps with caffeine specifically, i thought @theLaw said it helped with liver damage, but i didn't see any of that from the research i saw so far:

In the context of the excitatory actions of estrogen, and the inhibitory action of glycine, it would be reasonable to think of glycine as one of the antiestrogenic substances. Another type of amino acid, taurine, is structurally similar to glycine (and to beta amino propanoic acid, and to GABA), and it can be thought of as antiestrogenic in this context. The specific kinds of excitation produced by estrogen that relate to reproduction occur against a background of very generalized cellular excitation, that includes increased sensitivity of sensory nerves, increased activity of motor nerves, changes in the EEG, and, if the estrogen effect is very high, epilepsy, tetany, or psychosis.
Gelatin, stress, longevity

Because the majority of TAURINE is synthesized in the pancreas, the lack of pancreatic function means compromised Taurine saturation. Taurine is important for so many biological functions but primarily in this case to make dopamine and provide a defense against fatigue and weakness of the muscles and internal organs. Taurine has the unfortunate effect of stimulating excess bile output (more so if you have pancreatic insufficiency and have reduced bile output anyway) and this can cause a stomache ache when first taking it (the effect goes away after about 3-4 weeks, after which there are no more side effects). I start with a low dose and then take 1-2 grams with every meal, sometimes up to six grams if I feel parcticulalry depressed or low-energy.
Surviving Accutane

Taurine (/ˈtɔːriːn/), or 2-aminoethanesulfonic acid, is an organic compound that is widely distributed in animal tissues.[1] It is a major constituent of bile and can be found in the large intestine, and accounts for up to 0.1% of total human body weight. Taurine is named after the Latin taurus (a cognate of the Greek ταῦρος) which means bull or ox, as it was first isolated from ox bile in 1827 by German scientists Friedrich Tiedemann and Leopold Gmelin.[2]
Taurine - Wikipedia

"...A single administration of taurine at a dose of 200 mg per kg of body weight increased the insulin-like activity in blood plasma, elevated two-fold the content of glycogen in liver tissue, decreased content of sugars in blood. In vitro taurine increased the consumption of glucose by isolated diaphragm and increased the insulin activity. The adenilate cyclase activity was increased in incubation mixture, containing the diaphragms and taurine added. The data obtained and the recognized insulin-like effect of 3',5'-AMP and theophylline suggest that the insulin-like action of taurine is mediated through the cyclic 3',5'-AMP."
Taurine Doubles Liver Glycogen

theLaw

do you know why it helps with tolerating caffeine ?

Taurine Doubles Liver Glycogen

oops....sorry, just noticed that you included that in your answer

Taurine induced these effects through elevation of cAMP, which is the main mechanism of action of caffeine as well. Yet another reason to combine taurine and caffeine.
Sounds like taurine could be a good alternative to famotidine for improving glycogen storage.

Hgreen56

@Josh

Amounts will be different for each person, so self-experimentation is best. Cheers!
what does this mean?
- Take with every 500mg caffeine, 5 grams taurine?
- take 500mg to 5 gr taurine a day?