First symptoms of vision degeneration. How to adapt to unhealthy environment for eyes?

Doludolu

Hello, this post is mainly about vision problems. For me they used to be very sharp and now I'm 22, but with the increased load of screen time as I use it for my own interests, research and other things plus a high load of studying material, most of things happen through screen. I don't know the values, but it used to be 1.0 (peak vision), so I would say I am something like 0.8 or 0.9 to the standards, there is a decrease I feel.

Exercises to move eyes in all directions and looking long distance seem to be a little bit helpful.
As also using moistening drops to eyes too on those periods seemed to be helpful.

Have blue light blockers, use them in the evenings, but more for sleep benefits. I know that they can be used during the day too (30-50% blue light blockage, to help with eyestrain - however was doubting it a little bit.. ? )

My main question:
What though I can do in terms of nutrition & lifestyle & supplements to:
1) restore my vision back to optimal - 1.0
2) to help my body & eye / retinal system to adjust to this highly stressful load of lots of screen time

Scientific studies and personal experience highly appreciated ! Thank you , guys.

blob69

Hello, this post is mainly about vision problems. For me they used to be very sharp and now I'm 22, but with the increased load of screen time as I use it for my own interests, research and other things plus a high load of studying material, most of things happen through screen. I don't know the values, but it used to be 1.0 (peak vision), so I would say I am something like 0.8 or 0.9 to the standards, there is a decrease I feel.

Exercises to move eyes in all directions and looking long distance seem to be a little bit helpful.
As also using moistening drops to eyes too on those periods seemed to be helpful.

Have blue light blockers, use them in the evenings, but more for sleep benefits. I know that they can be used during the day too (30-50% blue light blockage, to help with eyestrain - however was doubting it a little bit.. ? )

My main question:
2) to help my body & eye / retinal system to adjust to this highly stressful load of lots of screen time

Scientific studies and personal experience highly appreciated ! Thank you , guys.
I don't have personal experience but I know someone (reliable) who told me that she improved her vision a lot with some kind of eye exercises. Unfortunately I forgot which ones...

Hans

Forum Supporter

My main question:

What helped the most for me was:
- Get lots of sunlight on a daily basis
- Use Lapodin (either 3 drops sublingually x3 daily or 25 drops orally) (quinones are great for the eyes)
- Use methylene blue
- Eliminate gut-irritating foods from my diet
- Make sure thyroid is optimal and stress hormones low

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is stitting in the office next to a big window considered "lots of sunlight" ?
A bright room is definitely better than a dim room, but being in direct contact with the sun is better (but only for certain durations. Being in the sun the whole day is also not best).

Jon2547

If one is getting sunshine behind a glass it will block vitamin D production.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

I don't have personal experience but I know someone (reliable) who told me that she improved her vision a lot with some kind of eye exercises. Unfortunately I forgot which ones...
Could you contact perhaps her?
What helped the most for me was:
- Get lots of sunlight on a daily basis
- Use Lapodin (either 3 drops sublingually x3 daily or 25 drops orally) (quinones are great for the eyes)
- Use methylene blue
- Eliminate gut-irritating foods from my diet
- Make sure thyroid is optimal and stress hormones low
Thank you, Hans, I should add the eye drops back to my regime, try out methylene blue (which seems to be a universal supplement for almost everything as I hear & read). And possibly lower fiber intake as sometimes I un-necessarily iritate my gut with excess of it.

Have you banished polyunsaturated fats from your diet? That would help.
Occasionally I do eat organic tahini or organic cashew/almond/hazelnut butter. Whenever I do that I consume full spectrum vitamin E / aspirin & others.

Lutein (egg yolks)?
I will try to increase egg yolk consumption, was planning that anyways !

mostlylurking

Occasionally I do eat organic tahini or organic cashew/almond/hazelnut butter. Whenever I do that I consume full spectrum vitamin E / aspirin & others.
PUFAs cause cataracts. Banning PUFA from your diet can make them go away. My cataracts resolved after I cleaned up my diet several years ago. My vision is much better than it was 7 years ago. Being "organic" doesn't make a PUFA safe.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

PUFAs cause cataracts. Banning PUFA from your diet can make them go away. My cataracts resolved after I cleaned up my diet several years ago. My vision is much better than it was 7 years ago. Being "organic" doesn't make a PUFA safe.
Thanks, will try it out to complete remove it from the diet. The thing is I honestly like some foods with moderate/high amount of PUFA. That's why I usually take vitamin E or Aspirin if I eat anything containing that. How long by the way it took for your cataracts to go away after pufa removal? And wait cataracts is having the blurry vision or for example these 'cracks' you wake up in the morning or get during the day (like small stone type / crystal like things) ?

mostlylurking

Thanks, will try it out to complete remove it from the diet. The thing is I honestly like some foods with moderate/high amount of PUFA. That's why I usually take vitamin E or Aspirin if I eat anything containing that. How long by the way it took for your cataracts to go away after pufa removal? And wait cataracts is having the blurry vision or for example these 'cracks' you wake up in the morning or get during the day (like small stone type / crystal like things) ?
I think it took a couple of years, then continued to improve slowly over time. The ophthalmologist told me I had them when I was 65 and I could tell my vision had worsened; she said I would be begging for the cataract surgery by the time I turned 70. I'm coming up on 72 and have no problems now with cataracts.

Vitamine E and aspirin won't make up for a poor diet. PUFA is carcinogenic and builds up over the years. If you aren't overweight, it takes 4 years for the PUFA to clear your body. It takes longer than that if you are heavy.

The crystals sound like salt from tears. Are you drinking enough liquids?