First post, 23 year old male with fibromyalgia symptoms

Iacredolo

Hello I hope you are well! My name is Ian Acredolo and this is my first time posting on this forum. I am a 23 year old male with chronic fatigue, pain, throat pain and hoarseness, and mild to severe levels of depression. I am very active and in excellent physical shape. I have a low body fat percentage and eat "healthy", (although I'm realizing I have idea what that means). I am extremely interesting In furthering my understanding of nutrition in hopes of curing my symptoms. I am a professionally songwriter and performer and my symptoms, (especially throat symptoms), have extremely crippled my life.
If anyone has any links or advice for me as I am just getting started on "peatatarian" dieting.
Thank you!

Ian A

answersfound

What is your body temp and pulse?

OP
I

Iacredolo

My temperature is usually pretty low. Usually resting it is 97.7 or so.
Although I am taking my pulse right now, on a day where I worked out and recently had dried mango, my pulse was 70. In the past couple years my resting pulse has been as low as 50.

answersfound

Okay. Well it's really up to you how you would like to proceed. You can fix with diet and some coffee/caffeine, or you could supplement thyroid. But with a 97 temp I think you could fix with diet alone. I use thyroid and caffeine throughout the day and I had bad chronic fatigue and could not possibly recover with diet alone. I crashed hard after getting mono and at one point my temps were in the 94's and I slept about 13 hours per day. Your chronic fatigue is a symptom many have successfully resolved around here so you just need to determine how you want to attack it. I would stop all exercise until you feel healthy. Unless you have some sort of urge to exercise I can understand that but I wouldn't ever force yourself.

i would incorporate the dietary principles typically recommend around here and I would also check out the Ray peat junk food section which includes snacks that require no preparation which can be helpful if you are too tired to make meals.

Also don't drive yourself crazy with supplements. Fat solubles like those found in estroban are important as well as aspirin, caffeine, and thyroid. After that you could focus on diet and tune into what makes you feel good.

OP
I

Iacredolo

Thank you so much for your advice and ideas. I will definitely look into the snack section. I just recently started drinking coffee everyday with milk and sugar, (through advice from my personal trainer who is a peatatarian).
I am so used to living fatigued I can't even imagine feeling awake and with clarity. If you wouldn't mind I would be really curious to hear what it was like when your energy came back. Was it very subtle or very radical? Thank you so much.
I'm so glad to hear you have made a recovery! And once again thank you.

answersfound

Definitely very subtle. But maybe I wasn't doing things 100% right all the time. It's different for everyone. It takes time and you must be highly in tune with your body.

youngandold

Get your thyroid checked and optimized to at least the upper half of the normal range and preferably the upper third as low thyroid can cause or at least exacerbate fibromyalgia, fatigue and throat pain.

Google hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia and you'll see.

OP
I

Iacredolo

Thank you both very much. I have had my thyroid checked in the past and everything came out normal, however "normal", by Kaiser standards can be extremely misleading. I will continue to do my research and see what i can do to increase thyroid function. I have already added back milk, orange juice, started drinking coffee, as well as eliminated all PUFA, starches, and thyroid suppressant greens. Very excited!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals