First Aid For Tendon Damage?

tara

I think I've damaged a tendon yesterday by putting to much strain on it too fast. It doesn't want to take any strain now. It shouldn't stop me driving or working, but some household tasks are hard today. Tendons can take months or years to fix - very inconvenient. Just this month i noticed that a couple of previous injuries seemed better - maybe from being so sedentary lately. But I've also ost some strength in places, which I guess is why I hurt myself now.

I figure I'll take it to a physio in a week if it's not progressing well by then - they can probably advise on suitable exercise.
And I'll keep eating jelly and/or broths.
Topical progesterone?
Light?
What else?

aguilaroja

tara said:
I think I've damaged a tendon yesterday by putting to much strain on it too fast. It doesn't want to take any strain now. It shouldn't stop me driving or working, but some household tasks are hard today....

Foremost in the short term would be bio-mechanical bracing: a splint/brace/sleeve/wrap/taping depending on the specifics.

Depleted metabolism often skews the mineral retension in the endurance muscles of the limbs, so an Epsom salt/baking soda soak or bath might help.

Altered "tendon reflexes" and tendinoses are often seen in the low thyroid state. IMNHO steady metabolic energy primes the tendons and ligaments, though they are often thought of as more passive elements.

Much relates to the specifics of the individual metabolism momentum and the location and extent of injury. WADR, sometimes people use the term tendon for conditions that may be either ligament or tendon or both. General support and anti-shock measures (salt, protein, gelatin) are also helpful.

For post-acute anti-inflammatory effect, topical vitamin E (also an ingredient in some of the Peat-ist ointments) is absorbed deeply enough to noticeably help small joints and tendons.

fyo

I think all of Peat's advice is helpful. The more you incorporate, the more nutritional density of your food, the better off you'll be. I'd put extra emphasis on consuming some actual tendon too. Liver, oysters, shellfish, tendon, milk, pastured egg yolk, ripe fruits, salt, CO2, etc.

Aspirin, baking soda, epsom salts, vitamin D, vitamin K2, all these can be applied topically for help.

tara said:
I think I've damaged a tendon yesterday by putting to much strain on it too fast. ...
What else?
Sorry, I just saw this now, and I'm probably too late. :( But DMSO is something Peat talks about tangentially, and it's great for injuries. Try adding magnesium chloride to the DMSO, for extra soothing relief.

burtlancast

visionofstrength said:
DMSO is something Peat talks about tangentially, and it's great for injuries. Try adding magnesium chloride to the DMSO, for extra soothing relief.

+1

DMSO accelerates repair of soft tissue injury by two fold ( by opening micro circulation).
But don't be shy of using a lot.

OP
T

tara

Thanks for all the ideas,
I'll try several of them.
I'll leave the stinky DMSO till the weekend, though. :)
After a day or so of relearning how to do everything differently, I stopped rehurting it, except for the instinctive early morning stretch and clench, before I'm quite awake to think about what I'm doing. Have to watch I don't overload the opposite part.

Ben Stone

Any updates @tara and others on what worked for you? I am dealing with a tendonitis now and looking at options.

OP
T

tara

Any updates @tara and others on what worked for you? I am dealing with a tendonitis now and looking at options.
Several slow-healing injuries seemed to largely repair with rest and generous food, including tendons.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals