Firebrand Meats - Low PUFA Pork

Doc Sandoz

The website for the above company says it is planning on selling low-PUFA Berkshire pork by monthly or quarterly subscription (expanding into eggs and poultry eventually). Looks like the cost will be about $10-12 per pound. Apparently, subscribers will get a box of meat delivered periodically, first deliveries to start this fall. I have no connection to the company, just ran across it through google and am tempted to subscribe. Wondering if anyone knows anything about this outfit.

Overton

This is done by the Croissant Diet guy, Brad Marshall. He has done some very interesting research and summary of long chain saturated fat metabolism on his blog, Fire in a Bottle. Particularly focuses on stearic acid and how it uniquely amplifies electron transport chain energy production in fat cells.

Very good material there and some deep dives on fat profiles of pork over time and geography, which I believe led to this pork project.

Based on what I've read the author is serious and attuned to metabolic effects of foods and pufa, so I am optimistic about the project.

Lollipop2

This is done by the Croissant Diet guy, Brad Marshall. He has done some very interesting research and summary of long chain saturated fat metabolism on his blog, Fire in a Bottle. Particularly focuses on stearic acid and how it uniquely amplifies electron transport chain energy production in fat cells.

Very good material there and some deep dives on fat profiles of pork over time and geography, which I believe led to this pork project.

Based on what I've read the author is serious and attuned to metabolic effects of foods and pufa, so I am optimistic about the project.
Awesome! I have been waiting for someone to do a project like this.

Rachel

I'm on my second box. The flavor is amazing - and the fat really sets up at room temp, so you can tell that it is more saturated than "regular" pork.

Apparently, he is also working on low pufa chicken.