Fire Cider

bookshelf

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with Fire Cider? There are some variations in ratios and one can take liberties by adding/omitting ingredients but the gist of a common, basic recipe is fresh, chopped-preferably organic:

Horseradish
Garlic
Onion (typically white)
Ginger
Jalapenos
Lemon
Turmeric (root or powder)
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
Cayenne (fresh or dried)

Place in mason jar. Add Raw, unfiltered ACV to cover. Put a lid on it and let it sit for 4-6 weeks, shaking daily to mix. Strain, add raw honey to taste. Take as a shot as needed to support immune system, adjusting dosage to meet demands/symptoms (e.g.: cough, congestion, aches).

Is this "peat" friendly? Do you think it would be supportive or antagonistic? Would appreciate your insights!

bogbody

I make a huge batch every year for me and my husband. Its great stuff. Not really sure how it would fall in with Peat but I personally find it to be miraculous stuff. If you even feel an inkling of getting sick it just blasts it out of you.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

That's great to hear! I've wanted to make this recipe for years and finally got around to it.

How do you take it? (only when you're fighting something or on a regular basis? x times a day? Like a shot or mixed with hot water for tea? other?)

I didn't add the honey and will do it case by case as I don't mind the bit of a bite that it has. I think gargling with it would really attack a sore throat...lol

I am thinking of juicing the remnants to get a bit more out of it. Or, juicing some and shredding the rest and eating it like a slaw. I've also read that some freeze the solids and use them in recipes such as stir fry. I come from a background where the saying "nothing escapes the pig but the squeal" so I have a habit of trying to use every last bit.

Thanks for answering. I'm a newbie here and wasn't sure what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom