FIR Infrared Sauna - Recomendations UK

OP
N

NickC

Just found a 1KW Halogen Heater, would that work ok?

x-ray peat

I have the first one but use it for near IR therapy (lllt). It and the others dont get nearly hot enough for detox/sauna.

A.R

I love how threads take turns. When I was first here it was about buddy making himself insulin resistant through drinking olive oil (even though he eats pizza before his test), now it seems were talking about weight loss, RMR, BMR, TDEE, cold thermogeneis, and what looks like CICO (Calories in Calories out).

So here is the coles notes on weight loss, and by weight loss I mean FAT loss. The more insulin circulating in your system, the less body fat you're able to burn, simple as that. Remember, glucose is used up for energy first in the body, not fat (ketones); if glucose is present, the body wont burn fat. If your insulin is elevated, your blood sugar is elevated. CICO and calories have jack squat to do with this. Where people seem to get screwed up is they seem to forget that what type of foods react in one person, don't react the same in another. Lets take 2 people for example here:, Lets call them Bob and Bill. Bob has good insulin sensitivity, Bill does not. Lets assume their twins, same height, same weight. Bill's fasting blood sugar is slightly higher than Bob's due to insulin problems. Both Bob and Bill decide to eat 1500 calories a day of whole foods. Let's assume Bob's fasting blood sugar is 85 and Bill's is 100. Right off the bat, Bill is going to have a little more difficult burning fat due to elevated levels of blood sugar. His insulin is having more difficult than Bob's to lower his blood sugar.

Breakfast consists of a couple eggs, a couple sausages, an apple, an orange, and some water. Bob and his great insulin sensitivity peak at 100 30 min after he eats then quickly lowers back to 85 within the hour. Bill on the other hand, his blood sugar rockets up to 160 because again, his insulin is having difficulty clearing the glucose. Not only does it go up to 160, but stays there for 3 hours before coming back down to 100. Poor Bill spends longer trying to clear his glucose than Bob, so Bill has a longer period of time of glucose burning, and less time burning fat.

For arguments sake, lets assume their other 2 meals are the same thing and equal 1500 calories (I know they don't but bare with me). Lets also assume, they eat the same thing every day for 1 month. At the end of the month, Bob has spent more time burning fat than Bill. Bob loses 5lbs, Bill loses nothing. Bob says "Great CICO works!" Bill says "screw you, it doesn't work, I lost nothing", and thus the argument of BMR, RMR, TDEE, and CICO ensue. Some people have good insulin sensitivity, others do not. More accurately I should say, most people don't have good insulin sensitivity. In Bill's case, the only way he will match Bob's 5lb fat loss in a month is he will have to get his blood sugar and insulin sensitivity in check to match Bob's. That mean his has to drop to 85, and his glucose and insulin can stay no longer in his system than Bob's. Now what food choices would Bill have to make to reach that goal? Impossible to say, the only way he could do that is if he constantly monitors his blood glucose which simply isn't going to happen. Not only that, other things as you guys know affect blood sugar, like cortisol from either environmental stress or poor sleep. Cortisol drags blood sugar up halting fat loss.

There is many factors at play here, so using all encompassing things like BMR, RMR, TDEE, CICO, is a losing battle. You simply do not know how what someone is eating, how they are feeling, how they slept is affecting their blood sugar. Nor do you know if there are any hidden diseases going on causing it to stay elevated either from stress, or flat out insulin problems.

You simply cannot tell somebody to "eat less and exercise more" if eating less causes metabolism to slow down, and cortisol to elevate, while exercising more causes cortisol to elevate and remain elevated. Your best bet is to tell them to grab a glucometer that tests ketones as well. The goal being get ketones up while blood sugar is down, that is when FAT loss will occur. Then how they get that to occur is something they have to figure out on their own

What are people’s consensus on these saunas? They appear to be low EMF as well
New Low EMF Zen 'Brighton' Infrared Sauna ZIV015 - Red

Hi

What did you guys do for the portable sauna?

A.R

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals