Finding Scientific Studies

i use google scholar and try to find the whole study. sci-hub is your friend if you have a study that you can't get full without paying.

I read the whole thing if I need to figure it out. It always takes time.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Yes to Sci-Hub!!! Reminds me of ThePirateBay :), but without the need to download a bitTorrent client.

I looked at how much it cost to purchase the 6 page article on Google Scholar.... 35 dollars, what the hell type of economics is that. It's as if the science community doesn't want the public at large to view the studies? Or do they seriously believe that at 35 dollars they'll be able to recuperate the cost to run the study...aren't all these studies practically funded by government grants anyways?

Ah whatever, thank you @ecstatichamster !

donate to sci-hub, they need it. I send them bitcoin regularly.

I also use it sparingly, only if I can't find the study and really need to see it.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Ah just what I suspected...the authors of the study had used a far lower therapeutic dose than what was recommended by Dr. Hoffer for treating schizophrenics (for niacin he recommends 3g, they used 500mg)... Of course they don't mention the dosage in the abstract, but rather just state that niacin and vitamin B6 are ineffective against treating schizophrenia....

Yes I'll make donations to them, especially because I can see myself using their platform much more in the future, and I like what they stand for :)