Finasteride Symptoms Reversed During A Stomach Flu. Why?

Ashoka

I had a stomach bug for about three days. Basically during the illness (which was terrible), I was also dealt an improved libido for much of the time - such an opportune moment for it, I know! It was probably the most natural and intense libido I've experienced in years, and that's not saying my libido is always bad, but that it often can be and just doesn't feel totally back to normal. This illness temporarily reversed that. I believe many others with PFS report this as well.

Any ideas why this happens?

Makrosky

I had a stomach bug for about three days. Basically during the illness (which was terrible), I was also dealt an improved libido for much of the time - such an opportune moment for it, I know! It was probably the most natural and intense libido I've experienced in years, and that's not saying my libido is always bad, but that it often can be and just doesn't feel totally back to normal. This illness temporarily reversed that. I believe many others with PFS report this as well.

So you probably didn't eat anything in three days. Empty bowels->no endotoxin load->no serotonin

Jsaute21

Stress increases DHT as @haidut has proven through studies. @Makrosky also has a good theory above. I think the flu/stomach bug sometimes is your body getting a reset that it needs. It generally seems to be from endotoxin overload.

Makrosky

Stress increases DHT as @haidut has proven through studies. @Makrosky also has a good theory above. I think the flu/stomach bug sometimes is your body getting a reset that it needs. It generally seems to be from endotoxin overload.
I think he refered to another kind of stress, the kind of high adrenaline stress of extreme sports, long distance running, etc... Not the kind of stress you are under when you're ridden in bed with the flu.

lampofred

what do you mean by libido? A desire to kindle a relationship with a new girl or just a desire to ejaculate/orgasm? cortisol also increases "libido" as most people define libido because orgasms/pleasures in general relieve stress but is that really real libido?

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

So you probably didn't eat anything in three days. Empty bowels->no endotoxin load->no serotonin

I agree in part it seems to do with the fasting that occurs. I was really just sipping water and gatorade. Fasting often helps finasteride symptoms too. But there was also diarrhea, as there often is with these illnesses. I wonder if endotoxin would actually be low in that situation.

Also, I checked my temperature and I wasn’t running a fever, but I felt very warm too.

what do you mean by libido? A desire to kindle a relationship with a new girl or just a desire to ejaculate/orgasm? cortisol also increases "libido" as most people define libido because orgasms/pleasures in general relieve stress but is that really real libido?

It was the real deal. Otherwise I wouldn’t waste a post on it. In your terms I would describe it more as the former.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals