Finasteride And It’s Effects On Strength And Endurance

GorillaHead

Today marks 10 months i have been on Finasteride and everything has been positive. Even unintended side effects have been positive.

However there is one Side effect that I can only attribute to Finasteride that hasn’t been so positive.

The loss of endurance and aggression.

The first 8 Months this wasn’t so pronounced. In fact if i took amphetamines before a gym workout while on finasteride, strength and endurance was through the roof.

Today I CANT last 30 minutes working out. It’s not that the muscles feel tired rather my ability to activate them seems to have gone down and so has my aggression. I am calm too calm.

One thing to note :
My family has a history of aggression I believe it is genetic and it is on my fathers side.

Anyways...
Of all the neurotransmitters Finasteride inhibits, allopregnelone is an important one.

Interestingly enough
This study documents the effects of Allopregnanolone on aggression and talks about how alcohol has a role to play.
Alcohol, allopregnanolone and aggression in mice

To go even further this study documents how alcohol increases Allopregnanolone in humans Alcohol Intoxication Increases Allopregnanolone Levels in Female Adolescent Humans

One thing I associate aggression with is the activation of the CNS. When one gets angry they tend to exhibit stronger behavior when they exert themselves physically.

Here they tie back the gaba pathways to aggression and dose dependent affects.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0018506X03001296

I may be one of the first people to breakdown in more detail how the dht inhibitors actually affect the CNS. I’ve personally read about Finasteride inhibiting 5-ar enzymes that are found in the CNS. But this may be a more clear understanding to how steroids actually affect the neurological aspects. Through the use of nuerosteroids.

As for why amphetamines worked to give me strength again besides the vague fact it’s a stimulant.
Amphetmaines increase neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine.

Here they show Allopregnanolone also increases those two same neurotransmitters as amphetamines due
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate and Allopregnanolone Directly Stimulate Catecholamine Production via Induction of Tyrosine Hydroxylase and Secretion by Affecting Actin Polymerization

Of course my idea is a long shot

Considering those on helpropecia complaining about weakness and muscle wasting even tho their testosterone is up. It may very well be the lack of CNS stimulation that could be causing the wasting

I may very well be in a situation where my Allopregnanolone Levels are deficient enough to cause a more calming affect and a slight increase could very well allow me to activate my CNS more appropriately and too much would just bring me back to my baseline of significant aggression

5a-DHP will be tested to see if this issue is resolved.

Last edited:

Dobbler

Why the h*ll are you on finasteride? I don't get it why men think their hair is so important that it's worth sacrificing their hormonal health for possibly the rest of their lives. If you are greatly losing your hair then there is a metabolic problem and finasteride will make it much worse. And you will eventually crash on it and then it's game over for long time. Post finasteride syndrome is real and it has destroyed thousands of lives. Like Haidut said, there is not a single positive effect finasteride can have. I don't get it.

Hugh Johnson

Obviously if finasteride and amphetamines are not sufficient, adding alcohol to the stack makes sense. Maybe some cocaine too, I hear it's really good for energy, confidence and lifting. Perhaps D-bol for improved gym results.

victormgc

Why the h*ll are you on finasteride? I don't get it why men think their hair is so important that it's worth sacrificing their hormonal health for possibly the rest of their lives. If you are greatly losing your hair then there is a metabolic problem and finasteride will make it much worse. And you will eventually crash on it and then it's game over for long time. Post finasteride syndrome is real and it has destroyed thousands of lives. Like Haidut said, there is not a single positive effect finasteride can have. I don't get it.
I don't know about OP, but I'm on the drug because I can't tolerate my DHT levels.
For some reason, my DHT is insanely high (more than double of the upper range). This causes some problems, including acne and hair loss.
Although I care about and would like to keep my hair, the big problem for me is acne and the huge amount of oil my skin produces.
So I started finasteride some months ago and those problems got a lot better. No side effects.
I would like to quit the drug, but first I have to find out what's wrong with my body, and that's a long journey.

Dobbler

I don't know about OP, but I'm on the drug because I can't tolerate my DHT levels.
For some reason, my DHT is insanely high (more than double of the upper range). This causes some problems, including acne and hair loss.
Although I care about and would like to keep my hair, the big problem for me is acne and the huge amount of oil my skin produces.
So I started finasteride some months ago and those problems got a lot better. No side effects.
I would like to quit the drug, but first I have to find out what's wrong with my body, and that's a long journey.
All those things can be caused by endotoxin and estrogen. Have you tried antibiotics and Peaty diet? That is madness to block your precious DHT and AR because you think it may be caused by DHT, which is one of the most crucial hormones. Having a high DHT is a godsend. I would rather focus on lowering estrogen and endotoxin. There are people who are having post finasteride syndrome chronically after stopping the drug, there is a very big chance you will crash eventually...

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

For me finasteride. Lowered acne tremendously. It also fixed my sweating problem. These were issues I had for years since I was a teenager. What finasteride has done for me is amazing. It’s done more good than harm in my opinion.

Once I can crack this endurance issue hopefully it’s smooth sailing from there.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Obviously if finasteride and amphetamines are not sufficient, adding alcohol to the stack makes sense. Maybe some cocaine too, I hear it's really good for energy, confidence and lifting. Perhaps D-bol for improved gym results.
:rolling

redsun

@Hans please tell these guys that finasteride is not a healthy afternoon snack

They have been told many many times by other renown members, no point. Some people clearly think hair is more important than health, and that's on them.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

They have been told many many times by other renown members, no point. Some people clearly think hair is more important than health, and that's on them.
The benefits I have gotten from Fin is more than just hair. I have gotten lots of benefits.

In the medical community if something improves your overall quality of life significantly the side effects are justifiable.

Nevertheless the clear long term side effects aren’t clear. I think trying to take Finasteride and remedy the situation by trying to offset the neurosteroid inhibition is a worthwhile attempt.

Last edited:

nbznj

All those things can be caused by endotoxin and estrogen. Have you tried antibiotics and Peaty diet? That is madness to block your precious DHT and AR because you think it may be caused by DHT, which is one of the most crucial hormones. Having a high DHT is a godsend. I would rather focus on lowering estrogen and endotoxin. There are people who are having post finasteride syndrome chronically after stopping the drug, there is a very big chance you will crash eventually...

Someone read too many memes

nbznj

You should read the topic on estradiol being of critical importance for health, that’s a good start

Also post finasteride syndrome does not exist, as shown by that study where the control groups had more ED issues than the finasteride group.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

You should read the topic on estradiol being of critical importance for health, that’s a good start

Also post finasteride syndrome does not exist, as shown by that study where the control groups had more ED issues than the finasteride group.
What makes you think it doesn’t exist.

Charger

Any updates on how this all went?

I noticed a very positive reaction to Ginseng which I believe ups noradrenaline and nitric oxide, two things that felt like they were missing during my PFS episode. So I found what you said on Allo increasing dopamine and noradrenaline interesting, I hadn't seen that before.

Are you experiencing any sides after quitting Fin?

JKX

The benefits I have gotten from Fin is more than just hair. I have gotten lots of benefits.

In the medical community if something improves your overall quality of life significantly the side effects are justifiable.

Nevertheless the clear long term side effects aren’t clear. I think trying to take Finasteride and remedy the situation by trying to offset the neurosteroid inhibition is a worthwhile attempt.
I didnt realise you were taking fin. Still on it? I have to ask the question. You seem really scared of taking progesterone from another thread you posted, but you were willing to try fin? I just dont understand the logic in that decision.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I didnt realise you were taking fin. Still on it? I have to ask the question. You seem really scared of taking progesterone from another thread you posted, but you were willing to try fin? I just dont understand the logic in that decision.

i need to remedy this and thanks for bringing this up. I actually did not see any hair benefits. I mis communicated when i said “more than just hair”. I meant to say beyond or something other than hair.

The benefits i experienced from fin were less oily skin and hair and it normalized my libido.

but thats it. It destroyed my strength. Among other affects. I was on it for one year. Today i am fully recovered. Hair is in better shape.