Finally got some bloodwork! Main problems are bloating, bad digestion, weight gain, glycogen storage

FredSonoma

Hi everyone,

It seems that my TSH and Vitamin D are off. I'm happy my CRP is low (.3 is considered low right?)

(should I post this with the normal ranges included?)

Does this give any clues to my digestive problems / often low temps?:

TSH: 3.39

CHOLESTEROL,TOTAL: 210 H
HDL CHOLESTEROL: 32 L
CHOLESTEROL/HDL RATIO: 6.6 H
TRIGLYCERIDES 331
NON HDL CHOLESTEROL 178 H
C-REACTIVE PROTEIN 0.3
VITAMIN D,25-OH,TOTAL,IA 18 L

SODIUM: 138
POTASSIUM: 4.2
CHLORIDE: 104
CARBON DIOXIDE: 24
UREA NITROGEN: 12
CREATININE: 0.78
BUN/CREATININE RATIO: NOTE

CALCIUM 10.2
PROTEIN, TOTAL 7.4
ALBUMIN 4.7
GLOBULIN,CALCULATED 2.7
A/G RATIO 1.7
BILIRUBIN,TOTAL 0.5
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 59
AST 22
ALT 22
EGFR NON AFR AMERICAN 128
EGFR AFRICAN AMERICAN 149

WBC 7.4
RBC 5.65
HEMOGLOBIN 16.3
HEMATOCRIT 49.4
MCV 87.4
MCH 28.8
MCHC 33.0
RDW 12.2
PLATELET COUNT 278
MPV 9.0

GLUCOSE,QL Negative
BILIRUBIN,URINE Negative
KETONES Negative
SPECIFIC GRAVITY 1.013
BLOOD Negative
PH 6.5
PROTEIN,TOTAL,QL Negative
NITRITE Negative
LEUKOCYTE ESTERASE Negative
SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELLS None Seen
WBC None Seen
BACTERIA None Seen
RBC None Seen
HYALINE CASTS None Seen

tara

FredSonoma said:
post 109072 Does this give any clues to my digestive problems / often low temps?:

Yip.
Suspect low thyroid hormone production (or release).
Low temps are a typical effect of this.
I think low metabolism can mess with everything, including production of digestive enzymes and efficient peristalsis. Peat has said he's seldom(/never?) seen a really healthy person with a TSH over 2, under 1 is probably better.
If you haven't tried supplementing thyroid so far, this might be good grounds to consider it.

Is the bottom set from a urine sample?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 109078
FredSonoma said:
post 109072 Does this give any clues to my digestive problems / often low temps?:

Yip.
I think low metabolism can mess with everything, including production of digestive enzymes and efficient peristalsis. Peat has said he's seldom(/never?) seen a really healthy person with a TSH over 2, under 1 is probably better.
If you haven't tried supplementing thyroid so far, this might be good grounds to consider it.

Is that at a level that I could get a prescription? Or should I just try getting NutriMeds or something? I did use fish head soup for a while but recently I am kind of disgusted by it which makes me think my body doesn't want it.

I have noticed that very recently (just within the past week or two), my need for salt is like 5% what it used to be. I used to throw back salt with every sip of OJ and milk and now it tastes soooo strong and I don't crave it at all. I still salt my meat but that's it. Is this a sign that my thyroid function is better?

tara

Depends on where and who yr dr is, but most likely they won't. In most countries the 'normal' range goes up above 4, I think, so most drs won't prescribe for you. On the other hand, a few people have drs they get on with and who are a bit more open to this approach, and have been given scripts while in the upper part of the 'normal' range.

I couldn't face fish head soup either. Had to ditch two pots of it. Chicken neck stock is delicious. Did you notice any difference in your temperature when you ate the fish head soup?

OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 109082 Depends on where and who yr dr is, but most likely they won't. In most countries the 'normal' range goes up above 4, I think, so most drs won't prescribe for you. On the other hand, a few people have drs they get on with and who are a bit more open to this approach, and have been given scripts while in the upper part of the 'normal' range.

I couldn't face fish head soup either. Had to ditch two pots of it. Chicken neck stock is delicious. Did you notice any difference in your temperature when you ate the fish head soup?

Yeah it would definitely make my temps go up, and I did like how it made me feel for a while, but towards the end it just started to make me feel kinda queasy and anxious. I think I like how caffeine feels better.

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 109080
tara said:
post 109078
FredSonoma said:

Yip.

Is that at a level that I could get a prescription? Or should I just try getting NutriMeds or something? I did use fish head soup for a while but recently I am kind of disgusted by it which makes me think my body doesn't want it.

I have noticed that very recently (just within the past week or two), my need for salt is like 5% what it used to be. I used to throw back salt with every sip of OJ and milk and now it tastes soooo strong and I don't crave it at all. I still salt my meat but that's it. Is this a sign that my thyroid function is better?

Yes. Get nutri meds, it's good stuff. Or American biologics. Your co2 should ideally be 30 and thyroid will bring it up. Tsh should be below 1 and your cholesterol is above 200 which is good.

tara

I'd favour nutri meds over american biologics. Found one seller explicitly stating that all T4 is removed from latter. I've recently tried a small amount of each, and I reckon I can tell the nutrimeds is doing something. When I switched to AB (cause my previous supplier switched), I went down-hill again.

jellog

You might want to look into LDL-P / ApoB. Usually, <1,000 particles is a nice target. The highest LDL-C that I see on the percentile chart goes up to 157, where at 178, you're pushing pretty high into the highest possible values. Usually, for an insulin sensitive individual you would want TG well under HDL. Levels of 30-60 triglycerides are fairly normal. 300 is up into the highest possible range. The further TG's go off the chart, the more likely LDL-P is going to be discordant with LDL-C, where you might be up off the chart.

What sort of diet are you eating? You might also want to look into your A1C. I'm surprised this cholesterol level is mentioned as "good" on here.

Back
Top Bottom