Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

FinVictim

@CloudsInTheHead

I did not have bloodwork done but it was from a reputable source and brand. I'll never know 100% though.

Recap of my story:
30 years old. Apart from insecurity about my hair I was the happiest guy in the world, very ambitious, high libido, athletic physique (still the case). Privileged happy youth without any trauma whatsoever. Post msc university education and job.
Took 1mg finasteride for 20 days in March 2020 and got Post Finasteride Syndrome. Noticed erectile dysfunction and total loss of libido, immediately quit but these sides never passed. Anhedonia and severely flat emotions seem to have creeped in during the year 2020. I experience complete lack of androgenic drive, complete lack of ego or ambition. Fortunately not feeling depressed either, no serious brain fog and only slight cognitive impairment. Testosteron level 12 nmol/L (median in society for my age 22nmol/L).
Tried hCG 200IU eod for 6 months (Jan '21 - June '21), increased my testosteron to 35nmol/L, skyrocketed estradiol to way above normal, noticed an increase in energy in the purest sense of the word (no effect on all the symptoms, except energy levels) and stools turned a little softer again, hair less dry. After quitting had severe drop in energy levels, felt miserable. Tried bupropion 300mg every day without any noticeable benefits for 3 months (July - Sept '21).
Restarted hCG 300IU every 3 days in July '21 to raise energy levels again (through higher testosteron) and have been using hCG since.
Tried Proviron 200mg per day for 7 weeks in november 2021 with no effect.
Currently trying to ramp up weight lifting, hypothetically firing up intracellular 5AR activity. The hypothesis is our intracellular 5AR enzyme activity has been almost completely shut down. With weight lifting we'd be trying to use the positive feedback loop between DHT and 5AR activity, as shown in this study among others: Pubmed ID 6218182. Also check out this study about central (hippocampal) DHT production after exercise: PMID: 22807478. Seriously interesting material.

@CloudsInTheHead

I did not have bloodwork done but it was from a reputable source and brand. I'll never know 100% though.

Recap of my story:
30 years old. Apart from insecurity about my hair I was the happiest guy in the world, very ambitious, high libido, athletic physique (still the case). Privileged happy youth without any trauma whatsoever. Post msc university education and job.
Took 1mg finasteride for 20 days in March 2020 and got Post Finasteride Syndrome. Noticed erectile dysfunction and total loss of libido, immediately quit but these sides never passed. Anhedonia and severely flat emotions seem to have creeped in during the year 2020. I experience complete lack of androgenic drive, complete lack of ego or ambition. Fortunately not feeling depressed either, no serious brain fog and only slight cognitive impairment. Testosteron level 12 nmol/L (median in society for my age 22nmol/L).
Tried hCG 200IU eod for 6 months (Jan '21 - June '21), increased my testosteron to 35nmol/L, skyrocketed estradiol to way above normal, noticed an increase in energy in the purest sense of the word (no effect on all the symptoms, except energy levels) and stools turned a little softer again, hair less dry. After quitting had severe drop in energy levels, felt miserable. Tried bupropion 300mg every day without any noticeable benefits for 3 months (July - Sept '21).
Restarted hCG 300IU every 3 days in July '21 to raise energy levels again (through higher testosteron) and have been using hCG since.
Tried Proviron 200mg per day for 7 weeks in november 2021 with no effect.
Currently trying to ramp up weight lifting, hypothetically firing up intracellular 5AR activity. The hypothesis is our intracellular 5AR enzyme activity has been almost completely shut down. With weight lifting we'd be trying to use the positive feedback loop between DHT and 5AR activity, as shown in this study among others: Pubmed ID 6218182. Also check out this study about central (hippocampal) DHT production after exercise: PMID: 22807478. Seriously interesting material.

Did you feel anything on the proviron? Did you notice any physical effects (oily skin, increased hair loss)? Mine was supposedly from a reputable source too.

LLight

In a study on rats, oxytocin was shown to boost 5AR but it seemed like it also blunted testosterone production so it might be better taken intermittently. So intermittent fluid restriction could help provided one's oxytocin production is working good (i.e. not reduced due to a sort of hibernation like state).

Intermittent drinking, oxytocin and human health
Recent research shows that the homeostatic disturbances leading to the "thirst feeling" not only activate specific substances regulating water and mineral household, but also the "trust and love" hormone oxytocin, while decreasing the production of the typical stress hormone cortisol. People using drugs, seem to be in search for oxytocin, as evidenced in studies with individuals on drugs such as ecstasy and gamma-hydroxybyturate. Hot environment, drought and increased sweating also activate specific oxytocin-producing parts of the hypothalamus, just as breastfeeding does in mother and infant. Water homeostasis is the only allostatic system activating trust neuro-anatomy and we suggest that this is due to the fact that all animals depend on water, whereas food type is species specific. Our hypothesis; regulating drinking behaviour through intermittent bulk drinking could increase oxytocin signalling, recover human trust and increase health by down-regulation of stress axis activity and inflammatory activity of the immune system. Intermittent bulk drinking should be defined as water (including tea and coffee) drinking up to a feeling of satiety and regulated by a mild feeling of thirst.

FinVictim

Did you feel anything on the proviron? Did you notice any physical effects (oily skin, increased hair loss)? Mine was supposedly from a reputable source too.

I felt nothing, I remember maybe feeling slightly worse after 2-3 weeks of proviron 200mg. But marginal, could have been subjective.

FinVictim

True that. I will focus on high intensity resistance training for now, see if it brings me anything.

Mister

To be honest, you need to do some bloodwork before you start a cycle of anything that will mess with your hormones.

And during you can do some more bloodwork to see if anything actually changes. Especially interesting when it comes to proviron, etc, will also you give you an indication if it's real proviron or not.

To be honest, you need to do some bloodwork before you start a cycle of anything that will mess with your hormones.

And during you can do some more bloodwork to see if anything actually changes. Especially interesting when it comes to proviron, etc, will also you give you an indication if it's real proviron or not.

I'm surprised people don't do this more. It really makes you wonder how many "androgen non-responders" just got fake pills.

tommyg130

Mister

This is interesting:

SHBG has a 5x higher binding affinity for DHT than it does for testosterone.

Lowering SHBG could be a possible explanation for many guys recovering with the help of DHT derivatives (proviron, etc lowers SHBG). Of course it's more complicated but it seems plausible.

And here's an interesting chart I found:

androgenic-anabolic_ratios.png

(from here:)

The-Anabolic-Steroid-Family-Tree-YT-Thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Mister

@Cooper New PSSD recovery of a doctor who joined the PFS whatsapp group, he's interested in PFS too since both are so similar.

He had severe PSSD and recovered with 500 mg testosterone/week for 5 months. Also did a small PCT cycle afterwards of nolvadex. Completely recovered now.

Also has a site and has written many articles about PSSD: About Me | The Research Zone

pssdrecover.png

He's also helping other people with pssd now and believes MENT/Trestolone could really help. Smart guy

tommyg130

This is a great video I’ve shared many times over many HRT forums. HCG monotherapy, when properly run (up to 1000iu per week) is the best treatment bar none, unless one is primary hypogonadal. It is a severely underrated and misunderstood drug. Considering the amount of stress in our daily lives and the constant negative feedbacks from exogenous estrogens leading to GNRH suppression, HCG is probably the best drug there is on the market right now. Alongside thyroid. Dirt cheap too.

I am happy this worked. But I’m not even surprised ;)
Hey brother , I’m coming off of trt after a year. I went on following an oral only cycle that crashed all my levels. I rly should have used hcg to get me back up , but instead I went on trt which fixed my testosterone of course l, but it made even worse my already non existent neurosteroids from the oral cycle . I did not realize exogenous test would stop the cascade of all the other hormones too. Been off test for 3 weeks. About to start hcg. For someone like me coming off and needing a boost do you think I could surpass 1000iu a week? Maybe more like 5000iu a week for a few weeks and then taper down to 1000iu a week? Thank you ??

Mister

@Cooper New PSSD recovery of a doctor who joined the PFS whatsapp group, he's interested in PFS too since both are so similar.

He had severe PSSD and recovered with 500 mg testosterone/week for 5 months. Also did a small PCT cycle afterwards of nolvadex. Completely recovered now.

Also has a site and has written many articles about PSSD: About Me | The Research Zone

pssdrecover.png

He's also helping other people with pssd now and believes MENT/Trestolone could really help. Smart guy
Another PSSD recovery thanks to doc Deya with MENT:

afbeelding.png

Some guys on ph also report interesting effects from MENT; Interesting effects from Trestolone / MENT

Last edited:

Cooper

Another PSSD recovery thanks to doc Deya with MENT:

afbeelding.png

Some guys on ph also report interesting effects from MENT; Interesting effects from Trestolone / MENT
Thanks for sharing all of these. Mister, i don't know what you have tried. But for the sake of your own health, please, try these protocols and maybe stay away from forums, websites and all of these researching brother.

You are going to drive yourself crazy, been there, done it. You are consuming too much of your time time and probably causing chronic stress.

Try Trestolone for example and see if it works, meantime you can get a gut microbiome test, hope it works.

Matestube

Thanks for sharing all of these. Mister, i don't know what you have tried. But for the sake of your own health, please, try these protocols and maybe stay away from forums, websites and all of these researching brother.

You are going to drive yourself crazy, been there, done it. You are consuming too much of your time time and probably causing chronic stress.

Try Trestolone for example and see if it works, meantime you can get a gut microbiome test, hope it works.
You don't just "try trestolone and see if it works". You'd better be sure that's what you want and that it's going to work.
Because if it doesn't you're left with a non-working HPTA for months, and you'd better have solutions about it.
It's not testosterone, with which you can play all you want without consequences.
19-nor do have consequences attached to them.

Cooper

You don't just "try trestolone and see if it works". You'd better be sure that's what you want and that it's going to work.
Because if it doesn't you're left with a non-working HPTA for months, and you'd better have solutions about it.
It's not testosterone, with which you can play all you want without consequences.
19-nor do have consequences attached to them.
You can do a simple PCT with Clomid or Enclomiphene Citrate. I think everyone knows that :). And no one can be sure about the results, you actually just try it out and see if it works. I guess you are new into this xD it gets normal after a while...