Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

T

TheBeard

Antibiotics can make things worse. I just looked it up and it can cause all of the side effects that we are suffering right now.

Also, yall while looking up antibiotics and the CNS I found out something called Neurotoxicity, which I'm pretty sure is what we are all suffering from right now. Almost ALL of the side effects line up ):

If you're desperate, what's the risk of trying antibiotics?
They worked for some of my clients who were PFS sufferers.

FinVictim

5 month update
Been taking 300IU for the first 2 months, switched to 400IU for the last 3 months. I do seem to feel some slight mental improvements: a slight increase in experiencing positive and negative emotions, a slight increase in motivation. Along with these changes I've come to accept the situation more, which at least for now makes it easier to keep going. Unfortunately still zero libido and poor sexual function. Genital sensitivity is still low and erections are weak. After one week of abstinence there's still no libido at all. Before finasteride a week of abstinence would skyrocket my libido.

I'm not sure whether we as finasteride victims actually suffer a damaged central nervous system / cerebral androgen receptor / neural pathways system and the increase of androgens just causes a slight improvement of emotions due to flooding what is left, or whether the increase of androgens is actually healing the damage or imbalance of neurosteroids that's been caused by finasteride. I'm more inclined to the former explanation, which is unfortunately the more pessimistic / less promising explanation.

Nonetheless I'm continuing the hCG to see what it will bring in the next few months. I'm seeing an academic urologist-andrologist and an academic psychiatrist-sexologist and we're planning on adding bupropion if hCG is not giving any more improvements. Testosteron is 35 nmol/L by the way. The idea behind bupropion is to work as a catalyst of positive emotions. Bupropion will not fix the damage but it might be a good thing for the brain to experience new positive emotions as a way to move forward.

Just a quick, for some obvious, tip for everyone: I believe we should all continue all our normal activities as much as possible. So keep seeing your friends and keep doing the hobbies you used to love doing.

I will keep you updated. All the best.

Short recap of my story:
29 years old. Took 20 pills of 1mg finasteride in March 2020. Noticed erectile dysfunction and a strong decrease in libido, immediately quit but these sides never passed. Anhedonia and flat emotions seem to have creeped in during the year. Fortunately not feeling depressed, no serious brain fog or cognitive impairment.

Coltcool

If you're desperate, what's the risk of trying antibiotics?
They worked for some of my clients who were PFS sufferers.
I’m afraid they’ll make me worse. What do antibiotics do in this case, we don’t have an infection?

Coltcool

Guys, serious question how does my plan sound for the next few days:
Fast for 2-3 days (helps with neurogenesis)
Take St. John worts (Supposed to increase the enzyme that metabolizes dut/fin)
should I be worried about sides from SJW?!

Karlucchi

Guys, serious question how does my plan sound for the next few days:
Fast for 2-3 days (helps with neurogenesis)
Take St. John worts (Supposed to increase the enzyme that metabolizes dut/fin)
should I be worried about sides from SJW?!
The fasting will do you good. The longer the better.
I have no idea about the SJW

Coltcool

Guys what should I do after I fast? Like start a round of steroids? Also, did I drive everyone off of here??

Coltcool

Also, has anyone heard anything about Saint John Worts?! I am thinking about taking it tomorrow, but I’m scared I’ll have some sort of bad reaction.

CureOrCause

Guys what should I do after I fast? Like start a round of steroids? Also, did I drive everyone off of here??
In this first moment it is key to get your sleep back and quit the panic. I had a great exp w a psychiatrist who prescribed me trazodone(don't need much, 25-50mg) and benzo (replace the last ASAP with CBD to quit panic for good). Upwards from there, Once in a fasting state after these 2 days, I'd suggest you stay in a intermittent keto diet. It has proven to cure folks with everything from cancer to epyllepsia, without the maladies of prolonged keto. Once this gets a hold of your crash, you will feel reassured that This diet and no stress, exercises and gut healing are probably the best way to go - blood samples might help light supplementation. 3 guys in PH got cured with this alone within 1 year(moonchild, ozeph -who doesn't sleep b/c he went full keto/carnivore which also superstress the body- and this other biologist guy whose name I forgot who made a massive post to sum it at the end saying keto + ginkgo biloba. Unfortunately many in their despair risk crazy ***t and end up even worse (like me). Don't do anything extreme, as in "the more you fast, the better". That is just stupid and I tried for myself (30 days water only). Our bodies are depleted and very slow to heal in many ways, we'll have to gently tilt it to the right direction once minimally sleeping/thinking. Here is an inspirational blue print to an intermittent keto cancerV.me – evidence-based nutrition and metabolic therapy I'd just add easy-to-digest meats and eggs. Another plus when starting to heal the gut is hydrocolontherapy, IMO. Wish you comfort in this darkest hour, but it passes for everybody!

CureOrCause

In this first moment it is key to get your sleep back and quit the panic. I had a great exp w a psychiatrist who prescribed me trazodone(don't need much, 25-50mg) and benzo (replace the last ASAP with CBD to quit panic for good). Upwards from there, Once in a fasting state after these 2 days, I'd suggest you stay in a intermittent keto diet. It has proven to cure folks with everything from cancer to epyllepsia, without the maladies of prolonged keto. Once this gets a hold of your crash, you will feel reassured that This diet and no stress, exercises and gut healing are probably the best way to go - blood samples might help light supplementation. 3 guys in PH got cured with this alone within 1 year(moonchild, ozeph -who doesn't sleep b/c he went full keto/carnivore which also superstress the body- and this other biologist guy whose name I forgot who made a massive post to sum it at the end saying keto + ginkgo biloba. Unfortunately many in their despair risk crazy ***t and end up even worse (like me). Don't do anything extreme, as in "the more you fast, the better". That is just stupid and I tried for myself (30 days water only). Our bodies are depleted and very slow to heal in many ways, we'll have to gently tilt it to the right direction once minimally sleeping/thinking. Here is an inspirational blue print to an intermittent keto cancerV.me – evidence-based nutrition and metabolic therapy I'd just add easy-to-digest meats and eggs. Another plus when starting to heal the gut is hydrocolontherapy, IMO. Wish you comfort in this darkest hour, but it passes for everybody!
And find doctors/nutritionist to help you along the way with what you have in mind. Checking blogs for health tutorage will drive you crazy and disappointed. Supervision will also help you from overlapping protocols. It's best to focus one side effect at a time, having in mind sexual will probably be last. Most important goal: getting back to work/socializing. And never follow advice from users who don't have your specific condition, don't apply it on themselves and/or didn't heal (skin in the game is king). P.s. forgot to say, try quitting trazodone also ASAP, we just want the benefit of sleep back. it only took me a month to have minimally decent sleep back (6-8h). Talk it out with you Dr.

Last edited:

Coltcool

And find doctors/nutritionist to help you along the way with what you have in mind. Checking blogs for health tutorage will drive you crazy and disappointed. Supervision will also help you from overlapping protocols. It's best to focus one side effect at a time, having in mind sexual will probably be last. Most important goal: getting back to work/socializing. And never follow advice from users who don't have your specific condition, don't apply it on themselves and/or didn't heal (skin in the game is king). P.s. forgot to say, try quitting trazodone also ASAP, we just want the benefit of sleep back. it only took me a month to have minimally decent sleep back (6-8h). Talk it out with you Dr.
I was on route a few weeks ago to get 6-8 hrs of sleep a night, but then I think I crashed again now it’s sooo hard. And, I’ve developed nerve issues that make me feel like I have sunburn everywhere?

Coltcool

for the trazodone are you suggesting to take it or not to take it? Sorry I got confused by the wording.

CureOrCause

On reconstituting/storing/applying hcg: I have a 5.000IU hcg, and bac water on its way. If I am to mix 5ml of water, then surely an insulin seringe won't do the trick (here they are either 1ml or 0.5ml)?! So does that mean I buy a different seringe to reconstitute HCG in the vial, then I fill 5x 1ml insulin seringes and store them in my refrigerator? Thus, Does the vial "support" multiple pinnings, or is there a one-size-fix-all seringe that will allow me to mix 5ml of water into the vial and store the whole mix in it and also allow me a scale so precise that I can regulate 150-250IU at a time? Also, what caliber should the needle be? I said "insulin caliber" at the counter, they told me they have 4, 6, 8mm, so idk

Last edited:
@CureOrCause

You can use a 1 mL blunt tip syringe. Add 1 mL of BAC water to the vial your HCG powder is in.

Obtain a sterile mixing vial (5 or 10 mL), draw up the 1 mL of reconstituted HCG and transfer it into the mixing vial.

Add 4 more mL of BAC water (1 mL at a time) to the mixing vial. You now have 5000 IU of HCG dissolved in 5 mL of BAC water in your mixing vial.

I inject with BD Micro-Fine's, 0.3 mL, 30 G, 8 mm length (subcutaneously), injecting 0.25 mL of liquid (250 IU) at a time.

CureOrCause

@CureOrCause

You can use a 1 mL blunt tip syringe. Add 1 mL of BAC water to the vial your HCG powder is in.

Obtain a sterile mixing vial (5 or 10 mL), draw up the 1 mL of reconstituted HCG and transfer it into the mixing vial.

Add 4 more mL of BAC water (1 mL at a time) to the mixing vial. You now have 5000 IU of HCG dissolved in 5 mL of BAC water in your mixing vial.

I inject with BD Micro-Fine's, 0.3 mL, 30 G, 8 mm length (subcutaneously), injecting 0.25 mL of liquid (250 IU) at a time.
Thanks, mate! I am worried about my own capacity to not **** this all up... If the mixing vial will be punctured several times, is it not the same to use the BAC vial as the mixing vial? This way, not only I skio buying 1 vial, but I also guarantee the inside of the (BAC) vial is sterilized... Makes sense? Idk, it does to me... Thanks for your patience!

Coltcool

I’m going to give up, it’s been 6 weeks and I’m getting worse. I definitely have neurotoxicity which isn’t curable. My neuropathy is spreading, my tinnitus is getting worse, I feel flatness of emotion, I don’t know who I am anymore.

CureOrCause

I’m going to give up, it’s been 6 weeks and I’m getting worse. I definitely have neurotoxicity which isn’t curable. My neuropathy is spreading, my tinnitus is getting worse, I feel flatness of emotion, I don’t know who I am anymore.
Fast for 2 days. Start intermittent-easy-to-digest keto as linked above. That will help you hold your ***t together. Get an appointment with a psy and a nutritionist asap for sleep and diet maintenance. Get back here when your homework is done and let us know how it went!

Coltcool

Fast for 2 days. Start intermittent-easy-to-digest keto as linked above. That will help you hold your ***t together. Get an appointment with a psy and a nutritionist asap for sleep and diet maintenance. Get back here when your homework is done and let us know how it went!
Thank you! I started fasting yesterday, but right now as I’m writing this it’s impossible to keep my eyes open and I feel like I could pass out to sleep! Should I just sleep? Or should I break the fast? Like I feel as though I’m just going to fall asleep in an instant if I let myself. I’ve met with a psy but she didn’t help much, but a nutritionist may be helpful.