Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Coltcool

Antibiotics can make things worse. I just looked it up and it can cause all of the side effects that we are suffering right now.

Also, yall while looking up antibiotics and the CNS I found out something called Neurotoxicity, which I'm pretty sure is what we are all suffering from right now. Almost ALL of the side effects line up ):

Coltcool

The nerve issues have continued to get worse. It feels like I'm covered In sunburn. I don't want to die, but I don't want to live like this anymore.

Karlucchi

If you need to, check yourself into a hospital or see a doctor. Don’t give up.
The nerve issues have continued to get worse. It feels like I'm covered In sunburn. I don't want to die, but I don't want to live like this anymore.

Coltcool

I have and they don't help me, I want things to be moving fast, but their schedules don't allow it so I have to sit at home for a week in between appointments and continue to get ******* worse, the nerve issues is new popped up 5 days ago as just like a tingling feeling in my arms now its spread and feels like sunburn ): I keep trying and build my hope only to have it torn down by new worse side effects. I can't do this, I can't, I can't. I have tried vigorously to get into the Mayo clinic, but they deny me and make it so hard to get into there.

Ashoka

I have and they don't help me, I want things to be moving fast, but their schedules don't allow it so I have to sit at home for a week in between appointments and continue to get ******* worse, the nerve issues is new popped up 5 days ago as just like a tingling feeling in my arms now its spread and feels like sunburn ): I keep trying and build my hope only to have it torn down by new worse side effects. I can't do this, I can't, I can't. I have tried vigorously to get into the Mayo clinic, but they deny me and make it so hard to get into there.
Hey, in the beginning of this illness, people tend to react the way you’re doing right now, and it’s partly because the entire event comes as such a severe shock. And now because you’re imagining something irreversible is happening with your nerves (this is an idea you have in your head), it’s making you even more anxious and probably producing confusing sensations on top of everything you’re going through. It’s good you’re trying to see the doctors with some urgency, and I understand your sense of despair deeply, but it helps to understand as well that you’re not alone and that time is required to figure things out and heal. These emotions are likely going to ebb and flow over time - it’s like stages of grief people experience. The good news is, eventually you will calm down and slowly focus as best you can on the business of getting better, and also JoeKool has put forth an interesting treatment that seems to help a lot of people.

Coltcool

Hey, in the beginning of this illness, people tend to react the way you’re doing right now, and it’s partly because the entire event comes as such a severe shock. And now because you’re imagining something irreversible is happening with your nerves (this is an idea you have in your head), it’s making you even more anxious and probably producing confusing sensations on top of everything you’re going through. It’s good you’re trying to see the doctors with some urgency, and I understand your sense of despair deeply, but it helps to understand as well that you’re not alone and that time is required to figure things out and heal. These emotions are likely going to ebb and flow over time - it’s like stages of grief people experience. The good news is, eventually you will calm down and slowly focus as best you can on the business of getting better, and also JoeKool has put forth an interesting treatment that seems to help a lot of people.
I agree, but it’s definitely not emotional rn, it’s literal nerve damage I’ve had anxiety these past 6 weeks at felt nothing like this. It’s making me lose the hope that I had since it’s literal nerve damage that can’t be healed

Ashoka

I agree, but it’s definitely not emotional rn, it’s literal nerve damage I’ve had anxiety these past 6 weeks at felt nothing like this. It’s making me lose the hope that I had since it’s literal nerve damage that can’t be healed
my point is that you have an idea in your head that you know for a fact it’s 1) nerve damage and 2) can’t be healed, but both of those are only conjectures of an anxious mind based on some sensations you’re having. You have no idea what those sensations signify. I’m not denying you’re having painful burning sensations and such, but don’t let your mind tell you an extreme story about it, even if the sensations are intense. Understand? Also, anxiety can eventually take on physical manifestations, which are called psychosomatic. I’ve had it happen before that my arms literally felt like jelly, totally numb.

sladerunner69

Finasteride also has a big influence on neurosteroids:

The following reactions are known to be catalyzed by 5α-reductase:[9]

Neurosteroids like 3α-androstanediol (derived from DHT) and allopregnanolone (derived from progesterone) activate the GABAA receptor in the brain; because finasteride prevents the formation of neurosteroids, it functions as a neurosteroidogenesis inhibitor and may contribute to a reduction of GABAA activity. Reduction of GABAA receptor activation by these neurosteroids has been implicated in depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction.[72][73][74]

Holy crap, I had no idea there were so many! I thought that there were only 2 major ones: Progesterone -> 5dhp and dhea ->androsterone. Looks like the only way to really recover form this is to bring 5a reductase up, or to somehow increase its affects. One problem is that many things seem to lower 5a reductase but very few things seem to increase it. One of those things that icnreases it seems to be HCG. One strategy I have seen several people attempt with success is to take mild 5a-reductase inhibitors, such as licorice root, once per week to create a negative feedback loop. Another way is to eat brown rice every few days. Honestly I have seen this method work for more than a few guys over the years, but it is of course a slow, arduous process. I still feel so weird after eating a bowl of brown rice.

sladerunner69

I feel like I’m getting nerve damage.. what can I do??? My arms are tingly and sensitive for no reason

Yep I definitely have nerve damage. I can't feel the left side of my body at all sometimes, especialyl after a couple drinks of alcohol. It's just something that you have to work through. I have seen good results from b-vitamins, progestoerone, pregnenlone, caffiene, etc. You just have to start trying things. I think the low allopregnenelone is what causes the nerve issues the most, IMO.

sladerunner69

has anyone given fasting a try? Autophagy seems really interesting and may help reset or fix our systems.

or has anyone tried creative powder to try and increase dht?

Some guys (not on this forum) really love fasting and say its been the biggest factor in their recovery. For me, fasting usually starts out good but by the end of the day I am a complete wreck. I think it has to do with an increase in cortisol. A small increase can feel really good, but once it is up too high for too long it can feel the opposite effect. Apparently after once fasts for a few weeks the cortisol settles back down, but I have enver made it that long. In all I am better with multiple small meals avoiding inflammatory foods.

I take creatine almost everyday, because the DHT boost is very noticable. More energy, focus, etc. However I think it makes me irritable as well, just as it used to do when I was in high school. I feel better just on androsterone, to be honest. But I take creatine when I am off andro.

sladerunner69

Antibiotics can make things worse. I just looked it up and it can cause all of the side effects that we are suffering right now.

Also, yall while looking up antibiotics and the CNS I found out something called Neurotoxicity, which I'm pretty sure is what we are all suffering from right now. Almost ALL of the side effects line up ):

It really depends on the type of antibiotics. There is a new class of antbiotics which are very dangerous and ahve been warned about many times on this forum - they are called fluroquins or something like that (sorry I cant remember the exact name) but old fashionned penicillin is very safe IMO. It has given me good results and I still take it now and then when my gut is thrown into bad shape because I havent been eating right. Apparently tetracycline and minocycline and doxycycline are fairly safe as well, but I jsut stick with the old school pennicillinm VK

sladerunner69

All nerve damage is reversible, but it won't happen on its own. There have been plenty of people with demyelinating diseases who have logged their improvements on this forum. These are sometimes people with nerve damage so severe that they can't move certain bodyparts or can't leave their bed, or have bells palsy and other maladies. We have tingling and numbness, difficulty concentrating, lethargy, and ED. We have it bad, but it could definitely be worse. It's a severely annoying, sometimes debilitating condition but it can defintiely be worked through and overcome as evidenced by the many men who have successfully done so on swolesource, hackstasis, and this forum. You're going to have to commit yourself and begin working night and day with a singular focus - to recover your health. I had to think that way for over year when I initially crashed, to constantly ignore depressed and hopeless thoughts and feelings is often quite difficult and even sometimes seems impossible, but you will improve faster than you think.

Coltcool

Yep I definitely have nerve damage. I can't feel the left side of my body at all sometimes, especialyl after a couple drinks of alcohol. It's just something that you have to work through. I have seen good results from b-vitamins, progestoerone, pregnenlone, caffiene, etc. You just have to start trying things. I think the low allopregnenelone is what causes the nerve issues the most, IMO.
Both of my sides have it, but I notice it more on the left side. What should I start doing right now? I’m already taking B complex. I want to get as much dut/fin out of my system, shouldn’t I? I am only getting worse now. I was thinking about fasting and taking St. John worts with the hopes that it’ll metabolize them quicker since my body starts eating itself and the St. John worts helps make the enzymes that get rid of fin/dut.

Coltcool

All nerve damage is reversible, but it won't happen on its own. There have been plenty of people with demyelinating diseases who have logged their improvements on this forum. These are sometimes people with nerve damage so severe that they can't move certain bodyparts or can't leave their bed, or have bells palsy and other maladies. We have tingling and numbness, difficulty concentrating, lethargy, and ED. We have it bad, but it could definitely be worse. It's a severely annoying, sometimes debilitating condition but it can defintiely be worked through and overcome as evidenced by the many men who have successfully done so on swolesource, hackstasis, and this forum. You're going to have to commit yourself and begin working night and day with a singular focus - to recover your health. I had to think that way for over year when I initially crashed, to constantly ignore depressed and hopeless thoughts and feelings is often quite difficult and even sometimes seems impossible, but you will improve faster than you think.
I seem to be worse daily rn, the nerve issues are spreading and Idk what to do about it?

Coltcool

Idk if it’ll get worse, my side effects keep changing and I feel like I’m getting worse.

Coltcool

Are you doing at all better? I remember talking to you and you never said that you got better. ):

gord

Hello Everyone, I've been lurking and seeing some great posts as well as some posts that I shouldn't let bug me but clowns gonna clown. I'm doing a research dump here just to make sure everyone has everything, you'll see why.

First the great posts. @fever257 definitely sounds like you had a good 1st month and I'm praying you see more results. You're in good hands here.

@Beefsnacks dropping the great news b0mb! Though it's not fully back with libido (remember, male libido is from estrogen sensitizing the Androgen Receptors so I'm hoping you'll see things come back over a few weeks post PCT) but that's still some great results on HCG.

@jinstewart Still super happy you're seeing the mental benefits. I would expect the sexual benefits to be nearby but perhaps you need a higher dose of HCG to hit the sex steroids more. I would say you have some options to stop HCG, see how you feel and then restarting with a goal of sex hormones using higher dose, more along the lines of bodybuilder's PCT but check with @MyUsernameHere as he did a stop for i think 6 weeks and then restarted. There might be a good use case. Nevertheless, honestly just so happy that you saw these results.

@Karlucchi some good information there on Calcium D-Glucarate. I've always been interested in that 'liver detoxing' benefits but I also know testosterone can be Glucarated (I'm likely not spelling that right) so CdG may flush some of what we want too. At what level? Who knows but you definitely have some good experience to share. Consider twice weekly or maybe every other day dosing. Obviously you know your body so go with what you feel is best but there are options. Also, don't forget, skipping a day's HCG shot also won't destroy the cycle, perhaps to let estrogen settle (if you're seeing it rise). @Jayvee is good at dialing things in like that and adding support supplements like you said could be helpful to many.

Good thing we didn't "Close the chapter on HCG" like some wanted. SmH

I want to repost this page so new ppl coming in immediately see this : Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

In my research, i found sites through the internet archive that could offer some more positives or advice, in fact, it's where I first learned of StAR so i just want everyone to have these pages too:

Those are not my writings and i have zero affiliation with them. The sites are no longer active but the internet archive has them for research. Whether someone uses this info to dial in a missing 'key' but I don't want to derail this thread by posting these links to indicate PFS is a 'gut' issue or a calcium issue. It's neurosteroids. It's neurosteroids. It's neurosteroids. (But again, eating well is good for anyone so the links that talk about gut inflammation could trigger some ideas but I don't want people to think "I'll cut out Gluten instead of using HCG" ... ah you get my point )

And finally, I'm nearing the end of the line for my PFS involvement. I am 99% sure I will be logging off Memorial Day weekend for good. Certain posts irk me more than I should let them and I get frustrated.

That would have meant I gave over a year back to the community & tried to get as many ppl some relief and healing, to which I think we've succeeded as a great group. I've always to heal and then help others.

This should never have happened to us.

Yet we all met

Shared some virtual high fives & occasional hugs (I'm looking at you @jinstewart lol lol )

Shared some important knowledge and experience

Probably saved a life or two, now and into the future.

But clearly showed, there's light at the end of the tunnel
No one will begrudge you leaving this ***t behind mate.
Once you feel like you’ve said everything you need to say about your recovery and theres nothing more to add, get yourself gone.
God knows most of us would do the same.
Prisoners don't serve a sentence and choose to revisit the prison.
Go and enjoy your life ??