Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Coltcool

Y’all the numbness and chills won’t go away. I think it’s affecting my nervous system now. My arms are super sensitive now to touch and they have weird sensations. Y’all I’m so ***ked ?? This is honestly worse than death. Nothing is getting better and when I think it does something else new pops up and gets worse. I’m so scared

Last edited:

Coltcool

You're not part of a "small group" at all, many guys have PFS, the only question is the severity of their sides they experience.
Tonight I felt like myself pre-PFA for 2 hours and it felt good, but now I woke up after only an hour of sleep with worse sides. Feeling hopeless. It’s like now I’m super sensitive to fans. The ceiling fan blowing on my skin made everything tingle and feel super cold, but when I touched my skin it felt normal. It’s like I’m super sensitive to cold anything right now and it’s making my sides worse. Also the ringing in my ear got worse when I woke up. I’m soooo scared rn. It’s like I’m having complete nervous system failure or overload. Don’t know if I can live likTonight I felt like myself pre-PFA for 2 hours and it felt good, but now I woke up after only an hour of sleep with worse sides. Feeling hopeless. It’s like now I’m super sensitive to fans. The ceiling fan blowing on my skin made everything tingle and feel super cold, but when I touched my skin it felt normal. It’s like I’m super sensitive to cold anything right now and it’s making my sides worse. Also the ringing in my ear got worse when I woke up. I’m soooo scared rn. It’s like I’m having complete nervous system failure or overload. Don’t know if I can live like this.
I’m so scared
?
You're not part of a "small group" at all, many guys have PFS, the only question is the severity of their sides they experience.
I have severe sides. If it were just sexual sides, I honestly would care, but not as much as I do about my sides I’m facing, which have been debilitating and have made me question ending it rather than continuing on like this. Literally 2 weeks ago I was happy and normal, now I’m contemplating ending it. Life sucks. If god existed why would he ever let stuff like this happen?

I have severe sides. If it were just sexual sides, I honestly would care, but not as much as I do about my sides I’m facing, which have been debilitating and have made me question ending it rather than continuing on like this. Literally 2 weeks ago I was happy and normal, now I’m contemplating ending it. Life sucks. If god existed why would he ever let stuff like this happen?

Believe me, this is fixable. I am now 5 years post Finasteride, sexually I am quite functional and mentally making slow but steady improvements since I got on HCG, just yesterday's injection gave me a sudden and unexpected boost.

You are just now starting your journey. We will be here to help. Anyway you asked me about supplements. I used Tribulus, Creatine, Sorghum, Butea Superba, Cistanche, for the most part. These all helped somewhat... but, Proviron, HCG, Tamoxifen. Steroid cycling, this is where the big improvements are IMO.

I was so damn incapacitated mentally. Anxious. Brain FOG, zero lateral thinking, only straight like a railroad, forget things I did 5 minutes before, never mind a week. No motivation, drive, dropped all my hobbies, sleep went to ***t. Couldn't feel my ****, lost size, developed physical abnormalities down there.

All gifts from our precious 5-AR inhibitors. Devil's drugs. But most or pretty much all of the damage isn't permanent. You sound like a tough case, but this happened to you in the course of a few days if I'm not mistaken. Whatever happened in that short of a time can be reversed.

A lot of guys here will recommend you to wait before starting any serious treatment attempts, but only you know if you can endure this for months on end. At the very least you need to ride out getting the dutasteride out of your body. How long this takes depends how long you took it - "Serum concentrations achieve 65% of steady state after daily dosing for one month and 90% after three months and remain detectable for up to four to six months after discontinuation of treatment".

If you only took it for a month it shouldn't take more than around 4 months or so.

In the meantime you can use common nutritional and supplemental stuff as a bandaid.

Coltcool

Believe me, this is fixable. I am now 5 years post Finasteride, sexually I am quite functional and mentally making slow but steady improvements since I got on HCG, just yesterday's injection gave me a sudden and unexpected boost.

You are just now starting your journey. We will be here to help. Anyway you asked me about supplements. I used Tribulus, Creatine, Sorghum, Butea Superba, Cistanche, for the most part. These all helped somewhat... but, Proviron, HCG, Tamoxifen. Steroid cycling, this is where the big improvements are IMO.

I was so damn incapacitated mentally. Anxious. Brain FOG, zero lateral thinking, only straight like a railroad, forget things I did 5 minutes before, never mind a week. No motivation, drive, dropped all my hobbies, sleep went to ***t. Couldn't feel my ****, lost size, developed physical abnormalities down there.

All gifts from our precious 5-AR inhibitors. Devil's drugs. But most or pretty much all of the damage isn't permanent. You sound like a tough case, but this happened to you in the course of a few days if I'm not mistaken. Whatever happened in that short of a time can be reversed.

A lot of guys here will recommend you to wait before starting any serious treatment attempts, but only you know if you can endure this for months on end. At the very least you need to ride out getting the dutasteride out of your body. How long this takes depends how long you took it - "Serum concentrations achieve 65% of steady state after daily dosing for one month and 90% after three months and remain detectable for up to four to six months after discontinuation of treatment".

If you only took it for a month it shouldn't take more than around 4 months or so.

In the meantime you can use common nutritional and supplemental stuff as a bandaid.
It wasn’t a short period ): I took fin for 2 years And dutasteride for 2 months and a half. I’m ****ed for life. I have constant ear ringing, mental fog, heart racing, anxiety, digestive issues, now I’m getting weird numbness and skin sensations like it feels numb but also cold and gives me a weird sensation. Y’all I’m so screwed for life ): and it doesn’t seem like anyone can help me, I know you guys are here and it’s been really helpful, but there’s no real cure for this and my side effects keep getting worse. I just woke up with horrible ringing in my ears like worse than ever before and weird heat sensations on my back and arms.

Coltcool

Is there any good reason why I shouldnt be taking a little hcg at the moment? Not like 250 that you are taking, but just a little dose to spark some 5-alpha stimulation? Or is it not even worth it with the dutasteride in my system?

I’m improving my diet, but my sides keep getting worse. I really just want to do something, you know?

Is there any good reason why I shouldnt be taking a little hcg at the moment?

It’s weird, now I feel much more stable. Fin/dut are literally evil omg.

I would say exactly this is the reason. Your condition is jumping around all of the time because various hormones and neurosteroids are trying to find their sweet spot as the drug is leaving the system. So for this reason you cannot know your true state until all the dust settles. If you took Dutasteride for 2 months then you might need 4-6 months for the drug to get out. Finasteride is much quicker to leave.

And you're not screwed for life. Believe me because I felt that way too. It didn't seem that it was possible to ever get my brain to work like it used to, but now that I'm more than halfway there, I know that's not true anymore. There isn't a single "cure" but there are cures, and cycling them can get you back to normal over time. It's not going to happen overnight. But it is possible and the only thing standing in between is time and effort.

Coltcool

I would say exactly this is the reason. Your condition is jumping around all of the time because various hormones and neurosteroids are trying to find their sweet spot as the drug is leaving the system. So for this reason you cannot know your true state until all the dust settles. If you took Dutasteride for 2 months then you might need 4-6 months for the drug to get out. Finasteride is much quicker to leave.

And you're not screwed for life. Believe me because I felt that way too. It didn't seem that it was possible to ever get my brain to work like it used to, but now that I'm more than halfway there, I know that's not true anymore. There isn't a single "cure" but there are cures, and cycling them can get you back to normal over time. It's not going to happen overnight. But it is possible and the only thing standing in between is time and effort.
Thank you! It’s crazy how bad it’s been honestly. I’m experiencing a lot of horrible sides that no one has really talked about in the forum. Also, quick question. I am thinking about taking St. John worts to help increase the enzymes that metabolize dutasteride and finasteride, do you think that it could be a good idea? I just want to get it out of my system already.

Thank you! It’s crazy how bad it’s been honestly. I’m experiencing a lot of horrible sides that no one has really talked about in the forum. Also, quick question. I am thinking about taking St. John worts to help increase the enzymes that metabolize dutasteride and finasteride, do you think that it could be a good idea? I just want to get it out of my system already.

I'll let someone else chime in on that, haven't used it personally and am not well versed in what it does.

Vicecaz

@Coltcool

Most of the people browsing this thread have been through what you're experiencing. Most of them for years, not weeks. And no, you're not experiencing "horrible sides no one has talked about in the forum". Everything you've described so far is what a majority of us have experienced.

You seriously need to calm yourself. as it's only been two weeks that you're off the drug there is a chance that you'll improve naturally and I truly hope that you'll be able to get your life back as soon as possible.
You asked a few pages ago why you're not allowed to take SSRI. That's because they have triggered the same horrible sides you're having to others. Honestly, it would only take 2 minutes of your time to find answers to all of your questions.

If I were two weeks post-crash like you are now, I would lift, rest, sleep and focus on eating an anti-inflammatory diet, i.e: meat, vegetables and whatever carbohydrates you want if your body tolerates it. Get off the forums and if you haven't improved in the next few months, then it might be a good idea to come back there and read as many recovery stories as you can. You'll see for yourself what is common in recovery stories. Then it'll be your responsibility to make a decision as to what path/protocols you'll try.

But we're not there yet. Again, there's a chance that your situation will improve naturally over time.

if you could stop triple/quadruple posting that'd be appreciated ;)

Coltcool

@Coltcool

Most of the people browsing this thread have been through what you're experiencing. Most of them for years, not weeks. And no, you're not experiencing "horrible sides no one has talked about in the forum". Everything you've described so far is what a majority of us have experienced.

You seriously need to calm yourself. as it's only been two weeks that you're off the drug there is a chance that you'll improve naturally and I truly hope that you'll be able to get your life back as soon as possible.
You asked a few pages ago why you're not allowed to take SSRI. That's because they have triggered the same horrible sides you're having to others. Honestly, it would only take 2 minutes of your time to find answers to all of your questions.

If I were two weeks post-crash like you are now, I would lift, rest, sleep and focus on eating an anti-inflammatory diet, i.e: meat, vegetables and whatever carbohydrates you want if your body tolerates it. Get off the forums and if you haven't improved in the next few months, then it might be a good idea to come back there and read as many recovery stories as you can. You'll see for yourself what is common in recovery stories. Then it'll be your responsibility to make a decision as to what path/protocols you'll try.

But we're not there yet. Again, there's a chance that your situation will improve naturally over time.

if you could stop triple/quadruple posting that'd be appreciated ;)

I know, I apologize for spamming I'm completely new to any and all the information on here. I'm just trying to learn and understand as much as I can, especially since this is my first time reading through the forum.

Also, I've tried working out, but I almost pass out when doing it now. Today, I walked on the treadmill at the lowest speed for 20min and almost passed out along along with the tetanitus in my ears became worse than ever before. It seems like any and all physical activity, even walking, has become extremely hard on my body and mind.

Sorry, I have one more thing that hopefully you or another person can answer. So I'm seriously considering taking Saint John Worts, since it is one of the few things that induces the metabolization of finasteride and dutasteride, but it is basically an SSRI, however natural. I am considering just taking some of it on a really small dose, but I'm scared that I'll end up like others taking prescription SSRI's. Can anyone give me their two cents on this?

gord

I know, I apologize for spamming I'm completely new to any and all the information on here. I'm just trying to learn and understand as much as I can, especially since this is my first time reading through the forum.

Also, I've tried working out, but I almost pass out when doing it now. Today, I walked on the treadmill at the lowest speed for 20min and almost passed out along along with the tetanitus in my ears became worse than ever before. It seems like any and all physical activity, even walking, has become extremely hard on my body and mind.

Sorry, I have one more thing that hopefully you or another person can answer. So I'm seriously considering taking Saint John Worts, since it is one of the few things that induces the metabolization of finasteride and dutasteride, but it is basically an SSRI, however natural. I am considering just taking some of it on a really small dose, but I'm scared that I'll end up like others taking prescription SSRI's. Can anyone give me their two cents on this?
You’re asking for peoples advice mate but you don't seem to be processing it.

The advice is to take nothing, its been a matter of days. Give your body time to adjust and to attempt to fix itself.

Eat clean, drink plenty of water, try some meditation & plenty of good sleep if you can.

That is your protocol for the next few months. Good luck

Mister

Yup, if you're still not recovered after 3-6 months you have legit PFS and then you could try HCG, etc.

I have problems with HCG and estrogen, prolactin. It's helping me on the neurosteroid front, but now we have evidence of it increasing prolactin for a long time post-use and it's generally known to be estrogenic, two things I have too much of anyway. So this makes it worse.

I was taking B6 for a week and during that time I had more motivation and less bloating, but it was making me sleepy. Now I'm back to my moody old self, melancholic, emotional, not a whole lot of desire for anything. I actually want to get the neurosteroids front "fixed" as soon as possible because I don't like having even higher estrogen and prolactin. I take 100 mg of Vitamin E and 15 mg of Zinc daily just to control the bloating and even then it's still an issue, without those, I feel awful, like a water balloon.

At some point 5-AR is supposed to increase to balance out all these hormones. It may be increasing somewhat in the nervous system judging by increased mental clarity, but the rest of my body is still an estrogen-ridden mess with barely any DHT to counter it in sight. I'm not sure at what point this changes.

Jayvee

Terrible advice.

I hope no one takes you seriously

I think the intention is there, good at flushing at least. Keeping electrolytes balanced is essential so drinking loads of water is probably a bad idea. Apple juice and goat milk have been really helpful for me.

Charger

After dealing with symptoms myself and knowing how stressful it can be, I was initially open to helping anyone that asked.

Over time it's become tiresome when people with PFS either ignore or pushback on any advice you give, even when they ask you directly for advice. Even worse is when they're still stressing over hair loss and toying with 5ARi's and at the same time they want resolution of their symptoms.

People want to make this condition out to be way more complicated than it actually is, as if they love being miserable. Perfect example is when people say bloodwork is pointless in solving it or improving symptoms so they continue using supplements endlessly based on blind assumptions. This leads to some people dealing with symptoms for several years, which just blows my mind that anyone would knowingly accept living several years of their life in an essentially handicapped state.

So, I'll lay out where I currently stand on this condition.

Get your bloodwork done, check for the following as a priority: Total testosterone, free testosterone, lh and fsh, shbg, dht, estradiol (Sensitive), prolactin, cortisol, progesterone, and TSH/Thyroid.

If your TSH isn't optimal (below 1, ideally), either find a way to lower it or just use T3, this will increase DHT as well.
If your SHBG is high, and free T is low, I think the goto option is TRT, some people recommend low dose Proviron monotherapy, but since it is suppressive I'm not sure how reliable it is without test base (or maybe HCG). There is Boron, but I've found few positive anecdotes of it actually accomplishing the job, it's worth a try, though.
If your Prolactin is high, lower it with: B6, Thyroid, 5a-DHP, Ginkgo, Metergoline, Cabergoline.
If your Cortisol is high, lower it with Phosphatidylserine, 5a-DHP, Glycine, increasing your androgens should help lower it as well.
If your Estradiol is high, consider Exemestane, K2, Androsterone, Niacinamide, Boron. This should also result in higher DHT if it is low.
If your Estradiol is low, such as blunt mood and low libido (A possibility if we assume Finasteride functions as Progesterone), then HCG, or even better TRT (to avoid the potential prolactin increase we've seen in some using HCG) to aromatize estrogen, increase dht, free t, and also resensitize receptors that were antagonized by the progestenic nature of the drug.

If you focus on optimizing your hormones, get yourself on the higher end of free androgens, most people should feel relief. If you still feel off, anxiety for example, then you consider the serotonin/dopamine/histamine/gaba angle and maybe you'd benefit from regular doses of Taurine, 5a-DHP, Andro, Theanine, etc. Some people have found benefit in supplementing L-Histidine and Kutaj Bark for increasing histamine.

People love to go on about things like Allopregnanolone, if you take 5a-DHP and it doesn't 'fix' you, your problem isn't Allopregnanolone, so stop worrying about it. Your 5-AR is not permanently disabled, either.

Last edited:

Jayvee

Yes water is evil. Drink blood for the electrolytes. More contrarian ray peat inspired bs from a delusional poster who never had pfs

i don’t think is uniquely a ray peat idea. It’s widely accepted amongst many health communities that drinking too much water can be counterproductive and flush the system too much. Even people who are in optimum health. Not heard the drinking blood ha! I think ray would probably say it’s too heavy in iron.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals