Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Coltcool

Yep

the memory issue is really frustrating! it will subside massively. It’s definitely worth writing things down. Things that are helpful, things that are not helpful etc... my life has been post it notes everywhere since PFS and only now after being on the ‘right path’ am I starting to need them less. As JoeKool alluded to in an earlier post... it’s like being chased by a lion, the bodies stress response doesn’t prioritise memory, sexual function etc and only once you leave a stressed state do they things start to come back. You need to take a weird ****88 up comfort in Knowing your symptoms are normal (to someone who has gone through what we have)... Just do everything you can to make it as comfortable and relaxed as you can
I’m thinking about checking myself into a mental clinic, is that a bad idea? I really don’t know what to do, I was having thoughts earlier that really scare and disturb me that I never had before. The only thing is that I’m afraid they’re going to force me to take meds and that they will make me really lose it or something. Also, my distant family members who I really like and enjoy being around cane over today and I tried talking with them and laughing like we normally do and I just couldn’t. Everything was numb and I couldn’t remember things and I couldn’t act like myself. I want to just die. This feels worse than death. It’s like overnight I’ve turned into a whole new person and I can’t feel anything except pain, frustration, and numbness. The ringing in my ears has yet to stop and I’m just feeling so hopeless.

Charger

I’m thinking about checking myself into a mental clinic, is that a bad idea? I really don’t know what to do, I was having thoughts earlier that really scare and disturb me that I never had before. The only thing is that I’m afraid they’re going to force me to take meds and that they will make me really lose it or something. Also, my distant family members who I really like and enjoy being around cane over today and I tried talking with them and laughing like we normally do and I just couldn’t. Everything was numb and I couldn’t remember things and I couldn’t act like myself. I want to just die. This feels worse than death. It’s like overnight I’ve turned into a whole new person and I can’t feel anything except pain, frustration, and numbness. The ringing in my ears has yet to stop and I’m just feeling so hopeless.
Get 5a-DHP for sleep issues for now, get bloodwork done and post it if you want help.

acne1776

Based on everything you’ve said on here if I were you I would absolutely check myself into a mental health clinic or a hospital

Coltcool

I
Based on everything you’ve said on here if I were you I would absolutely check myself into a mental health clinic or a hospital
can’t believe I’m in this place. Literally 2 weeks ago I was a normal 20 year old. I just got accepted as a transfer student to a prestigious college, I had close friends, I had my own apartment with friends and a kitten, I was volunteering for my community, officer of campus clubs, etc. I was so full of life and looked on the bright side of things and people looked at me for support and positivity. And now I’m literally losing my mind. I can’t sleep, I have ringing in my ears, I have random thoughts that scare me. I’m just so scared so so scared. I had so much to live for and now it’s all gone without anything I can do about it. There is nothing worse than this, I’d rather be dead. I don’t want to die, but Jesus if I genuinely lose my mind I don’t know what else to do. I’m going to try and get myself checked in somewhere tonight and hope that I wake up feeling better tomorrow. I’m just so shocked I’m in this situation. Finasteride and dutasteride were supposed to be safe. Now I’m part of literally the smallest group of people suffering. This isn’t fair, life isn’t fair.

Coltcool

what shouldn’t I take if the doctors try to prescribe me it? I know we’re not supposed to take SRRI’s right? But what else?

Jayvee

what shouldn’t I take if the doctors try to prescribe me it? I know we’re not supposed to take SRRI’s right? But what else?

It could be good for you to step away from your regular day to day life for a week or so as this can become an added stressor. If it’s an option take a break and tell people you are not well. Get some bloods done too, in particular prolactin, SHBG, Progesterone, Thyroid, Vitamin D and a general blood screening. You and everyone else on here has had their lives flipped upside all of a sudden, I know what it’s like, I had exactly the same thoughts as what you describe. Worse yet your brain is unable to process what has happened properly, you need to break this train of thought. You need minimal stress right now so that might involve stepping away from day to day life.

Coltcool

Yes Please PM me. I would first get my diet in order and never eat anything inflammatory or even a little bit hard on your digestion. No alcohol, no wheat, etc. No pufa of course. Look up @Hans alpha male energy course, it isn't cheap but it is worth it IMO especially if you are new to the dieting ideas around here. I went through course last fall and learned a few things that led to improvements I didn't realize I still had to make. Diet should be your top priority, I know several guys who have recoverred on diet alone.

After dieting and taking natural vitamins and supplements for a few months, you should had improved enough to call in the ehavy artillery, or the R-andro. Androhard gel is good stuff as well, I have used both. Or you could even use idealab's androsterone in large doses. A 6-8week cycle of androsterone will help your naturall DHT system to get back on track, as it is a self-recipricating hormone. Once you have compelted that, go back to being all natural with nothing but supplemented and herbs for a couple months, and repeat. Some guys have to do this 5 times or more before they feel fully recoverred. Other guys don't respond well to androsterone and ahve to approach their issues a different way. At that point you could try low dosage HCG injections (which wouldnt be a bad idea to take even with the androsterone) or taking something like the mifepristone or some of the other strange treatments that guys have had success with. The most common and effective treatment by far, however, is androsterone cycling, which CDnut's popularized (you can read his recs over at swolesource.com, though I disagree with some of his dietting methods).
Yes Please PM me. I would first get my diet in order and never eat anything inflammatory or even a little bit hard on your digestion. No alcohol, no wheat, etc. No pufa of course. Look up @Hans alpha male energy course, it isn't cheap but it is worth it IMO especially if you are new to the dieting ideas around here. I went through course last fall and learned a few things that led to improvements I didn't realize I still had to make. Diet should be your top priority, I know several guys who have recoverred on diet alone.

After dieting and taking natural vitamins and supplements for a few months, you should had improved enough to call in the ehavy artillery, or the R-andro. Androhard gel is good stuff as well, I have used both. Or you could even use idealab's androsterone in large doses. A 6-8week cycle of androsterone will help your naturall DHT system to get back on track, as it is a self-recipricating hormone. Once you have compelted that, go back to being all natural with nothing but supplemented and herbs for a couple months, and repeat. Some guys have to do this 5 times or more before they feel fully recoverred. Other guys don't respond well to androsterone and ahve to approach their issues a different way. At that point you could try low dosage HCG injections (which wouldnt be a bad idea to take even with the androsterone) or taking something like the mifepristone or some of the other strange treatments that guys have had success with. The most common and effective treatment by far, however, is androsterone cycling, which CDnut's popularized (you can read his recs over at swolesource.com, though I disagree with some of his dietting methods).
You’re definitely right about diet. I ate red meat this morning for like the first time ever and I’ve had the absolute worse day regarding my digestion and my symptoms. Big mistake, I was just trying to eat foods high in calories since I haven’t slept the past two weeks and had tremors all day I lost 10lbs so now my BMI is like 17.
thank you so much for the guide. I’m definitely going to look into all these things and try things out now and when the time comes.

Coltcool

Awesome to hear things are going well. Mental issues (particularly anxiety) are the most debilitating symptoms in my case as I obviously need to be able to converse with people to get a job and function at one without having panic attacks. I have a comorbid psychological disorder so I still may have the panic attacks but I'm hoping the carnivore diet will get rid of the panic attacks on its own or maybe fixing my neurosteroids will get my brain working properly. Either way awesome to hear you're having benefits and that they continue to get even stronger.

Awesome to hear from you as well. It's always reassuring seeing your posts on here as you were able to fully fix yourself definitely puts my mind at ease that it is possible. Also appears as though the method may be replicable which is terrific. Thanks for the continued contribution on here
What was your outcome on the carnivore diet? I ate meat today and now feel awful, curious if we had a similar experience

Coltcool

I’m sos scared. I literally can’t sleep normal. I fall asleep for like 40-50min then I am jolted awake feeling not rested at all, anxious, irritable, stressed, and my mind and body feel hot and so out of whack. This has how my sleep schedule has been going the past 2 weeks. Idk what to do I’m honestly so scared because it’s been like this for weeks. It’s genuinely like my my mind is broken like it won’t let me get to REM sleep or something....

Last edited:

Alpha

I’m sos scared. I literally can’t sleep normal. I fall asleep for like 40-50min then I am jolted awake feeling not rested at all, anxious, irritable, stressed, and my mind and body feel hot and so out of whack. This has how my sleep schedule has been going the past 2 weeks. Idk what to do I’m honestly so scared because it’s been like this for weeks. It’s genuinely like my my mind is broken like it won’t let me get to REM sleep or something....
Have you tried Cyproheptadine?

Coltcool

I’m sos scared. I literally can’t sleep normal. I fall asleep for like 40-50min then I am jolted awake feeling not rested at all, anxious, irritable, stressed, and my mind and body feel hot and so out of whack. This has how my sleep schedule has been going. Idk what to do I’m honestly so scared because it’s been like this for weeks. It’s genuinely like my my mind is broken like it won’t let me get to
I’m sos scared. I literally can’t sleep normal. I fall asleep for like 40-50min then I am jolted awake feeling not rested at all, anxious, irritable, stressed, and my mind and body feel hot and so out of whack. This has how my sleep schedule has been going. Idk what to do I’m honestly so scared because it’s been like this for weeks. It’s genuinely like my my mind is broken like it won’t let me get to REM sleep.
Have you tried Cyproheptadine?
I don’t know how to get it?

Coltcool

I just woke up and feel like I didn’t sleep again. Absolutely exhausted, My room was spinning, I was having racing thoughts that didn’t make any sense, my whole body felt numb and weak, I started to shake again, but this time it was different, my body temperature is all over the place. Like the top half of me is cold and the bottom half under the covers is roasting, like my whole body should be warm it makes no sense. I really think I’m going to die from this...

Coltcool

Bro !!! Hope all is well ??? I stumbled here because late last year I suffered badly with depression , anxiety , psychiatric disorders ... I was on and off Finasteride for 10 years. A few years back I started getting harm OCD thoughts with visions etc ... I ignored it and seem to just get on with my life. Anyways last year a friend made a comment about my hair thinning and I hadnt take the tablets for some months so I rushed to get some to start back up. Over the next few months I wasnt sleeping , felt very angry all of the time towards people and couldnt really put a finger on it. Eventually it all got on top of me and I fell into depression. Along with that was fatigued, had no motivation, felt no joy or relief from anything and couldnt think properly!. So went to get bloods and found I had low testosterone. Anyways, Im 2 injections into Nebido and endocrinologist wants me to start taking HCG at 500iu per dose every 3 days. I came across your post and it has given me hope ... my question to you is were you also on testosterone injectiond along with HCG ? Also do you think I should try 250iu 3x per week as did you instead of 500 every 3 days ? Thanks so much for sharing and hoping I too can recover fully ! Thanks, Kez.
Hi, How are you doing, I have similar symptoms. Just curious if you have an update.

Coltcool

I'm going to
There are a lot of 'experts' around who read a few PubMed articles and then throw together a video making grandiose claims about a substance curing this and that. This is just insulting to people with the condition. Most of these things have already been tried and failed. There is currently no cure, or bulletproof treatment for PFS. There is just some stuff, that somewhat works, for some people. Those include androgen-induced suppression, HCG, PCT.

I don't remember anyone being helped by progesterone or pregnenolone. Just because we think these things are 'good' around here does not make them a panacea - I've used both. I wouldn't really recommend progesterone to any man in the first place and if you have PFS then you certainly won't even get the potential neurosteroid benefits because those pathways just don't work the same as with healthy people. The idea of curing everything with diet & supplements is romantic but you can lose years of your life waiting for something that isn't going to happen. My PFS had not improved at all in the first 2 years despite my diet & taking various supplements being much better than the average person. It started to improve a little bit when I started using androgenic herbs, and only started to feel remotely normal after I have turned to pharmacological intervention. That is likely what is going to be necessary in most cases.

Let Danny Roddy (who never had MPB) save your hair (and fail). After you lose another few norwoods and desperately take Finasteride, you can then have Leo up there (who never had PFS) cure your PFS with progesterone (and fail). We're really up ***t creek with the available options and all these experts surrounding us. May sound jaded/angry but this kind of stuff does get me riled up, admittedly.
What androgenic supplements did you take

Coltcool

Would a Plasma Transfusion and, or giving blood help with getting finasteride or dutasteride out of our body quicker and bring me more to a place of homeostasis? I took finasteride for like a year and a half then took dutasteride for 2 months and crashed 2 weeks ago after not taking dutasteride for a week. I really don't know what I should be doing other than diet and I just really don't want to be like this forever and my PFS symptoms have been absolutely debilitating.

Also, I did some research. So finasteride and dutasteride are mainly metabolized by the cytochrome P450 system (predominantly CYP 3A4 and 3A5). This is interesting, so St John’s Wort, which is used for its antidepressant activity that some of you have tried or are using. Its active substance is hyperforin, the most potent known activator of PXR. CYP3A4 activity is induced via the pregnane X receptor (PXR), the constitutive androstane receptor (CAR). So using St. John Worts actually speeds up the metabolization of finasteride and dutasteride. Also, don't eat black pepper or grapefruit, they're both inhibitors so they slow down the metabolization of medications by the P450 system.

I know that I am still going to suffer from these symptoms, but I figure that since I haven't been off it that long the best thing I can do is improve my diet and try my best to quickly metabolize dutasteride and finasteride. Thus, there would likely be less of finasteride and dutasteride in my system operation as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors.

Also, more research so along with being prescribed dutasteride I was also prescribed Ketoconazole 2% by my dermatologist.... WTF. As I'm researching it says that ketoconazole is a CYP3A4 inhibitor so it literally created a build-up of dutasteride and finasteride in my system because it inhibits the CYP3A4 system to metabolize these drugs. I'm furious. Because I've been suffering this past 2 week with debilitating effects from PFS and maybe will my whole life. I've had tremors that don't go away, insomnia, brain fog, anxiety, weight loss, ringing in ears, etc. Jesus, I'm so mad rn.

Regardless, here are some other inducers of CYP3A4 activity:
phenobarbital, phenytoin and rifampicin9.

Last edited:

Coltcool

My last post for today,
Also, I apologize for spamming this forum, I've just been going through a lot and have used this as a place to vent.

I'm really considering buying some St John Worts now to possibly limit the amount of 5-alpha reductase in my body to hopefully prevent further damage. I don't fully understand the science behind the metabolization of dutasteride or finasteride, but I figure inducing the system that metabolizes those drugs as well as provides mental benefits could be beneficial. I know @Jayvee has been using St John Worts and has good things to say about it, but, has anyone else tried it? and what was your experience or thoughts about it?

I do have hesitations about it. Although it says it's good for GABA and Dopamine, it also increases serotonin, which scares me because I more so and suffering from anxiety than depression and I don't want to make it worse by increasing my serotonin.

Coltcool

Tonight I felt like myself pre-PFA for 2 hours and it felt good, but now I woke up after only an hour of sleep with worse sides. Feeling hopeless. It’s like now I’m super sensitive to fans. The ceiling fan blowing on my skin made everything tingle and feel super cold, but when I touched my skin it felt normal. It’s like I’m super sensitive to cold anything right now and it’s making my sides worse. Also the ringing in my ear got worse when I woke up. I’m soooo scared rn. It’s like I’m having complete nervous system failure or overload. Don’t know if I can live like this.
I’m so scared?

Last edited:

Jayvee

My last post for today,
Also, I apologize for spamming this forum, I've just been going through a lot and have used this as a place to vent.

I'm really considering buying some St John Worts now to possibly limit the amount of 5-alpha reductase in my body to hopefully prevent further damage. I don't fully understand the science behind the metabolization of dutasteride or finasteride, but I figure inducing the system that metabolizes those drugs as well as provides mental benefits could be beneficial. I know @Jayvee has been using St John Worts and has good things to say about it, but, has anyone else tried it? and what was your experience or thoughts about it?

I do have hesitations about it. Although it says it's good for GABA and Dopamine, it also increases serotonin, which scares me because I more so and suffering from anxiety than depression and I don't want to make it worse by increasing my serotonin.

I’ll pm you over some stuff. St Johns wort should definitely be dosed right and or should be taken in a different form to regular St. John’s wort, I had it in the form of tea the first time I did it and that can mean that the dosing is small and the way it is used in the body is slightly different. I’m introducing the ZE-117 form which is slightly more dopamigenic but I can’t say for definite on that yet how good it is. Their are many ways of achieving more available Dopamine, this is just one that has worked for me. Your main goal right now should be the limit stress. I really think Cyproheptadine could be worth trying, your mind is all over the place from unregulated stress, higher prolactin (Judging by symptoms and the similarities to me), high serotonin etc aside from being an effective antihistamine, it should help with all of this.

Mister

I

can’t believe I’m in this place. Literally 2 weeks ago I was a normal 20 year old. I just got accepted as a transfer student to a prestigious college, I had close friends, I had my own apartment with friends and a kitten, I was volunteering for my community, officer of campus clubs, etc. I was so full of life and looked on the bright side of things and people looked at me for support and positivity. And now I’m literally losing my mind. I can’t sleep, I have ringing in my ears, I have random thoughts that scare me. I’m just so scared so so scared. I had so much to live for and now it’s all gone without anything I can do about it. There is nothing worse than this, I’d rather be dead. I don’t want to die, but Jesus if I genuinely lose my mind I don’t know what else to do. I’m going to try and get myself checked in somewhere tonight and hope that I wake up feeling better tomorrow. I’m just so shocked I’m in this situation. Finasteride and dutasteride were supposed to be safe. Now I’m part of literally the smallest group of people suffering. This isn’t fair, life isn’t fair.
You're not part of a "small group" at all, many guys have PFS, the only question is the severity of their sides they experience.

Coltcool

Tonight I felt like myself pre-PFA for 2 hours and it felt good, but now I woke up after only an hour of sleep with worse sides. Feeling hopeless. It’s like now I’m super sensitive to fans. The ceiling fan blowing on my skin made everything tingle and feel super cold, but when I touched my skin it felt normal. It’s like I’m super sensitive to cold anything right now and it’s making my sides worse. Also the ringing in my ear got worse when I woke up. I’m soooo scared rn. It’s like I’m having complete nervous system failure or overload. Don’t know if I can live likTonight I felt like myself pre-PFA for 2 hours and it felt good, but now I woke up after only an hour of sleep with worse sides. Feeling hopeless. It’s like now I’m super sensitive to fans. The ceiling fan blowing on my skin made everything tingle and feel super cold, but when I touched my skin it felt normal. It’s like I’m super sensitive to cold anything right now and it’s making my sides worse. Also the ringing in my ear got worse when I woke up. I’m soooo scared rn. It’s like I’m having complete nervous system failure or overload. Don’t know if I can live like this.
I’m so scared?
You're not part of a "small group" at all, many guys have PFS, the only question is the severity of their sides they experience.
I have severe sides.