Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

T

TheBeard

Eh, my nipple sensitivity stops when I regularly take creatine, so whatever amount of DHT it increases is clearly enough to balance out the E2 in that regard. However I don't really want to be on creatine long term, so ideally I should be making that much more DHT myself...

Again, your nipple sensitivity going away on creatine is probably from a micronutrient deficiency addressed by creatine, not by the minute DHT boost.

Again, your nipple sensitivity going away on creatine is probably from a micronutrient deficiency addressed by creatine, not by the minute DHT boost.

I disagree with your assessment.

Butea Superba, a herb known to increase DHT, and sorghum, a grain that contains proteins encoding 5-AR, all help with this nipple sensitivity. And your theory is, that just coincidentally this mysterious nutrient deficiency (which I can't fathom what that could possibly be) happens to be fixed by herbs which all affect DHT in some way.

I would invoke Occam's razor here and assume that it is just the DHT increase. You are projecting based on your own experiences manipulating hormones, and assume that everyone must function the same way.

Gustav3Y

Clomid is just an aromatase inhibitor. Do you think all of those issues were related to low estrogen or something else? What kind of liver issues?

Clomiphene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, not an aromatase inhibitor.
It is a mixture of enclomifene and zuclomifene.
It has both antiestrogenic and estogenic effects because of those two isomers.

Cooper

Hello guys, i don't know if im doing harm to my mental health while being already on the HCG protocol, i know i should stay away from this and focus on my current health. But, i want to leave a question here. I wonder if anyone can help me.

So i heard from many people that penile development, girth and length increase continues to 18- 20 years of age. Some say 14- 15, some say 18. What i wonder is this:

- Did PAS damaged my penile development (I crashed just before my 16th birthday.) via supressing my Testosterone peak at 18? Or damaging the Androgen Receptors on my penis?
(Luckily i only seem to have prostate related issues, didn't lose my libido, some people theorotized that Accutane somehow triggered prostatitis on me at early age. )

If it did damage my hormones or receptors: Can i re-grow my penis back to where it should suppose to be after i recover? Like as if i never took Accutane? To my genetic potentail! I know the penis genes are still lies in within me.

But the thing is, even if i recover from PAS, my body will be on its 22 years of age state. The hormones will never peak again as if i was a 18 year old right? So, should i also induce the hormone levels of a 16 year old boy even after recovery, to re-grow my penis to its genetical potential, above pre-pas size? Or my genes will do the work somehow with DHT?

By the way at 17 i had, 460 TT and at 19 i had 550 TT, so i think my T increased regardless of PAS.

And i would also be afraid to touch any exegenous hormones or medicines after i recover from PAS. So i don't think i would try to bring back my 16 year old hormones to see if my penis will grow...

Can anyone help me with this, please please:clapping::praying:

Also, do you guys finished the penile development at 16? Maybe my penis was already to its full size back then, i hope se so at least....

Last edited:

Jayvee

Creatine is great, it boosts DHT by about 33% even after long term use in one study. I definitely feel a difference with creatine, but as the other guy pointed out increasing DHT may be a double edged sword for us.

I’ve heard this a few times. Why is this a double edged sword? (Not disputing it) I just don’t understand this. I suspect fixing/aiding liver function first might help here. I find cycling small amounts (1-2g) helpful and fairly consistent.

sladerunner69

I’ve heard this a few times. Why is this a double edged sword? (Not disputing it) I just don’t understand this. I suspect fixing/aiding liver function first might help here. I find cycling small amounts (1-2g) helpful and fairly consistent.

Because as we were discussing just a bit further up in the thread, increasing DHT in the periphery seems to result in less neurosteroids in the CNS. There is some kind of negative feedback loop at play. This is why simply taking testosterone and androgens does not usually solve pfs.

OP
J

JoeKool

Haven't been very active lately, hope everyone is well.

Is this study new? Did we post it already?

It's from Dec 2020 and I don't recall it. Maybe it's just a collection of all other studies? But its focus on neurosteroids issues from FIN which is the replenishment here.

I may have posted this one in reference to STAR but just in case.

"Luteinizing hormone receptor mediates neuronal pregnenolone production via up‐regulation of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expression"​

IrishD

Haven't been very active lately, hope everyone is well.

Is this study new? Did we post it already?

It's from Dec 2020 and I don't recall it. Maybe it's just a collection of all other studies? But its focus on neurosteroids issues from FIN which is the replenishment here.

I may have posted this one in reference to STAR but just in case.

"Luteinizing hormone receptor mediates neuronal pregnenolone production via up‐regulation of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expression"​

Hi Joe, Did you use finasteride or saw palmetto?

Gustav3Y

Is there any other study on Creatine that shows increase in DHT other than the one with the rugby players?
It is quite strange after so many years only one study even shows that.

Would be interesting to see this study in non professional sportsmen and on more people of more ages.

Then also I am sure many can afford to take a before and after DHT, E2 and T blood serum test, even if DHT is not the cheapest of all blood tests.

Charger

I've only ever used Creatine intermittently, but it was always during those periods that I noticed hair loss progression. I believe it influences DHT for sure.

acne1776

Hello guys, i don't know if im doing harm to my mental health while being already on the HCG protocol, i know i should stay away from this and focus on my current health. But, i want to leave a question here. I wonder if anyone can help me.

So i heard from many people that penile development, girth and length increase continues to 18- 20 years of age. Some say 14- 15, some say 18. What i wonder is this:

- Did PAS damaged my penile development (I crashed just before my 16th birthday.) via supressing my Testosterone peak at 18? Or damaging the Androgen Receptors on my penis?
(Luckily i only seem to have prostate related issues, didn't lose my libido, some people theorotized that Accutane somehow triggered prostatitis on me at early age. )

If it did damage my hormones or receptors: Can i re-grow my penis back to where it should suppose to be after i recover? Like as if i never took Accutane? To my genetic potentail! I know the penis genes are still lies in within me.

But the thing is, even if i recover from PAS, my body will be on its 22 years of age state. The hormones will never peak again as if i was a 18 year old right? So, should i also induce the hormone levels of a 16 year old boy even after recovery, to re-grow my penis to its genetical potential, above pre-pas size? Or my genes will do the work somehow with DHT?

By the way at 17 i had, 460 TT and at 19 i had 550 TT, so i think my T increased regardless of PAS.

And i would also be afraid to touch any exegenous hormones or medicines after i recover from PAS. So i don't think i would try to bring back my 16 year old hormones to see if my penis will grow...

Can anyone help me with this, please please:clapping::praying:

Also, do you guys finished the penile development at 16? Maybe my penis was already to its full size back then, i hope se so at least....
Not a doctor so I really don't have any expertise in this manner but I'm cautiously optimistic that regaining hormone levels will grow your penis to its "full potential." Puberty is just a rush of hormones that change your body so I see no reason why replenishing those hormones wouldn't make your penis grow to whatever it was before / was going to be. I spoke to Ozeph and he mentioned a specific example of someone he knows (don't want to disclose who in case he doesn't want me to) who had a micropenis / really small penis, took testosterone and it grew to the normal size for an adult. I just think we've got to get our body to homeostasis and hopefully it'll fix itself

I've only ever used Creatine intermittently, but it was always during those periods that I noticed hair loss progression. I believe it influences DHT for sure.

Isn't serum DHT known for large oscillations? In my case it's also a really poor representation of tissue 5-AR activity because my lab showed midrange DHT, yet I get gyno symptoms from benign things like alpha-ketoglutarate, or castor oil, or stemoxydine... you get the point. I'm way too sensitive to even minor estrogens.

T

TheBeard

Is there any other study on Creatine that shows increase in DHT other than the one with the rugby players?
It is quite strange after so many years only one study even shows that.

Would be interesting to see this study in non professional sportsmen and on more people of more ages.

Then also I am sure many can afford to take a before and after DHT, E2 and T blood serum test, even if DHT is not the cheapest of all blood tests.

No there isn't.

That's why @MyUsernameHere thinking creatine actually boosts DHT, and that the resolution of his issues stems from that, is funny to say the least.

No there isn't.

That's why @MyUsernameHere thinking creatine actually boosts DHT, and that the resolution of his issues stems from that, is funny to say the least.

There aren't that many studies proving beyond a doubt that Finasteride can leave ex-users with the kind of symptoms that most of us here have, and yet here we are.

After the n-th time that a study attempts to convince you that something that is clearly happening to you cannot be happening, you learn to finally start trusting what your body is telling you for a change.

Gustav3Y

I see people suspecting for years they have high prolactin but never done a test because they don't believe in tests, but they quote and post studies which have tested other humans.

I see people suspecting for years they have high prolactin but never done a test because they don't believe in tests, but they quote and post studies which have tested other humans.

Point? I've tested my DHT, it doesn't tell much. Most PFS sufferers have normal DHT levels - in serum.

Charger

Isn't serum DHT known for large oscillations? In my case it's also a really poor representation of tissue 5-AR activity because my lab showed midrange DHT, yet I get gyno symptoms from benign things like alpha-ketoglutarate, or castor oil, or stemoxydine... you get the point. I'm way too sensitive to even minor estrogens.
Point? I've tested my DHT, it doesn't tell much. Most PFS sufferers have normal DHT levels - in serum.

It's likely that there's something in your bloodwork that stands out aside from just DHT levels. I don't know what tests you've gotten before but elevated prolactin, estrogen, progesterone, hypothyroid, etc. are all possibilities for your symptoms. These are all much more probable than your 5-AR not being replenished.

sladerunner69

The feeling you get from creatine is probably from the creatine benefits themselves than from that very mild DHT boost.

When I multiply my DHT by x10 I can only feel a subtle change, so a boost of 33% wouldn't really be felt.

Well I certainly feel more androgenic after taking it. It also increases energy and metabolism so it has those benefits as well.

sladerunner69

Hey Slade, very valuable update. Good to hear things are better than ever. What are the exact regimens you have tried before long term low dose hCG?

Have you tried proviron or TRT before? It'd be interesting to know whether the cure is a combination of hCG and something else.

I'm 6 weeks into the low dose hCG protocol but am not experiencing any improvements yet. I'm considering taking proviron if the hCG alone is not doing anything after a couple more months.

Regards

Yes I have tried and done many things over the years. My finasteride crash happened in 2011 when I was 18. The past year I have done 3, 2 month long cycles of androsterone, using either R-andro or androhard gel. These cycles both led to physical improvements and brought my erections back to near full strength. They also helped fix my anxiety, which had been driving me crazy for years. I had never been able to calm down or relax since taking finasteride, and andro fixed that. My mental/cognitive function still had a long way to go after the androsterone, and in fact, the andro may have made my brain fog slightly worse. The last cycle I also included a product called super 4-andro which is a testosterone prohormone. That increased my energy and motivation a lot but I don't know if it did much for me long term. Testosterone is supposedly therapeutic for demyelination (which I suspect is my problem stemming from a lack of neurosteroids). I should point out also that I started following Ray Peat's diet advice beginning in 2013 which included drinking a lot of coffee and taking aromatase inhibitors and such. This improved me enough to function relatively normally at the time. Unfortunately, I told myself I would recover eventually on that style of diet, but it was never truly enough and I wish I would have tried harder to find solutions sooner. If I would have started taking things like androhard, thyroid, dhea and HCG much sooner, I don't think I would still be stuck with these difficult side effects almost 10 years on. Just remember to never stop fighting, everything is beatable.

jinstewart

Week 14 NOW 400iu M/W/F
2000iu VitD3 Sun/Weds

Yes I upped it again and again slightly more improved mentally. And "well-being-ly". Don't ask me quantify that because I sure can't. I'm noticing the benefits of 400iu so I think that'll be as high as I go.

Miss my ex, still. Emotionally wounded from all this. Same old story from me, used to be a motivated bodybuilder with a big **** (sorry but true lol) and now just a skinny-fat old man BUT an old man who can think more or less the way he always did and that has advantages in making this a bearable life.

Most of the day too damn distracted by work to think of PFS now which is actually not so bad. Also morning wood is an occasional "thing" but it's definitely a "bodily process" thing rather than a libido thing.

Coming up on four months I guess. 9-odd weeks left then I'll run a PCT. Not sure yet how that'll look but it'll have clomid in it as that (as part of things) did some good before. Maybe the same PCT I ran almost bang on a year ago.

Keep going everyone hope you're all ok.