Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

jsykez2020

After nearly 4 years of suffering, I have finally & fully recovered from Post Finasteride Syndrome

All my symptoms have subsided and improved with this method which takes a while but I am fully functional

It's H.C.G (HCG) dosed at 250IU Monday, Wednesday and Friday only. I did this for 6 months straight but at the 10th week or so, the improvements were weekly.

That is 250IU, not a typo... so you'll mix your 5000iu HCG with 5CC water and take 1/4 CC intramuscular three times a week using an insulin needle.

Penile shrinkage reversed and might actually be fuller than pre PFS. I have erections from stimulation, random & morning wood again. As well as nocturnal from different tests I performed. I had an injury due to weak penile tissue at the week of my crash in Oct of 2016 and that's filled out too. I can feel the slight difference during an erection but it's negligible and improving even while off HCG.

Overall testicular size is obviously returned with HCG treatment. The scrotal tightening that I used to experience is gone too. My genitals hang properly, are warm and have proper color. This area was the most recovery and reversal of symptoms.

The dosage needs to be low and steady, do not increase or add a day thinking more is better. Long term HCG treatment at high dosages can cause issues. (Read up on desensitization of Leydig Cells but don't get nervous at this plan)

LH stimulation from HCG also improves all downstream steroid production like progesterone which then helps neurosteroids. My depression and social withdrawal has diminished as well.

Here are two interesting studies but understand the conditions of these patients were not PFS but helps with my research

Enhanced stimulation of 5 alpha-reductase activity in cultured Leydig cell precursors by human chorionic gonadotropin. - PubMed - NCBI

Penile Growth in Response to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Treatment in Patients with Idiopathic Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism

I was described this method by a great group I stumbled upon who showed me this video from Poland of a doctor's clinical work:

My brain fog and memory have also recovered, and the doctor from the video (as well as my previous experience with HCG) shows this continues well after treatment stops.

I also used only:

Vitamin D3 and Vitamin A with a fatty meal daily.

Magnesium Taurate and Glycine before bed

These are support supplements, are OTC and inexpensive so I think it's required. Do not ADD anything else. No DHEA, herbs, prohoromones, nothing else... HCG is LH stimulation and lets the body do the work.

I have one friend who's trying the HCG treatment and has seen the most improvements of all previous attempts at recovery. We both now respond to supplements like pre-pfs, such as RANDRO & herbs (I highly suggest you don't mix diff supps in with this protocol)

I've been off everything except the vitamins & amino listed above so I'm posting this to get the recovery out to anyone who wants to try.

Please post this anywhere and everywhere to help ppl with this debilitating syndrome. I have recovered and those that know me know my history. I've only ever wanted to be healthy again & help my fellow brothers. I have no sources of HCG & won't link to any.

I will describe how to mix & inject safely so people who are concerned can rest easy, there's no pain with insulin needles & recovery is worth overcoming the fear.

I have another friend ready to start and I'm excited for his recovery next.

I don't know how this falls in with 'peating' but this was one of the original forums I landed on during my crash so I just want anyone and everyone to see this to help anyone. As you know I moved to another forum for research but.. well, that's for another post if necessary...

I deeply appreciate anyone who's chatted with me here and there... and I promise you'll feel results using this method. Get to a doctor who'll listen and work with you.

Bro !!! Hope all is well ??? I stumbled here because late last year I suffered badly with depression , anxiety , psychiatric disorders ... I was on and off Finasteride for 10 years. A few years back I started getting harm OCD thoughts with visions etc ... I ignored it and seem to just get on with my life. Anyways last year a friend made a comment about my hair thinning and I hadnt take the tablets for some months so I rushed to get some to start back up. Over the next few months I wasnt sleeping , felt very angry all of the time towards people and couldnt really put a finger on it. Eventually it all got on top of me and I fell into depression. Along with that was fatigued, had no motivation, felt no joy or relief from anything and couldnt think properly!. So went to get bloods and found I had low testosterone. Anyways, Im 2 injections into Nebido and endocrinologist wants me to start taking HCG at 500iu per dose every 3 days. I came across your post and it has given me hope ... my question to you is were you also on testosterone injectiond along with HCG ? Also do you think I should try 250iu 3x per week as did you instead of 500 every 3 days ? Thanks so much for sharing and hoping I too can recover fully ! Thanks, Kez.

OP
J

JoeKool

Hey @jsykez2020 welcome aboard. I took some time off to do some work but i still lurked a little so i'll catch up a few topics

Obv, i'm not a doctor so i don't want to contradict a doctor but i'll give my opinion on HCG with TRT, which there are videos on here that support this opinion and I expect more doctors to see HCG as more than a fertility tool and maybe even the better initial choice for TRT, given the efficacy and success (though a harder commitment)

To level set, after all i tried to recover from PFS and thankfully others have seen results from low dose HCG, I hold the opinion that it was neurosteroids such as allopregnanolone causing us the lion's share of problems. Other hormones are generally out of whack too but, more often than not, blood tests show the base 'sex hormones' (T,E,DHT) are fine in the blood, yet we're clearly impacted by something.

So the use of low dose HCG is more than fertility but rather, more importantly, neurosteroid restoration (in the case of PFS) or sustainability. In fact, touching on what i said above, I see the future of TRT being, when one can commit, a 6 month course of low dose HCG (250iu MWF) and evaluation under medical supervision, before a lifelong commitment of TRT WHICH still requies HCG as just restoration/replacement of the sex hormones may, down the line after years of base trt, still have instances of depression, anxiety, etc. similar to PFS. Again, my opinion.

So the low dose HCG restored my allopreg, amongst other neuros, which then relieved symptoms of anxiety, sexual function (other hormones involved here), feeling of enjoyment, sociability, brain fog, etc.

I'm a bigger proponent of gently nudging which is why i like my dose schedule but i won't contradict the doctor, though 500iu every 3 days is exactly a vial every month. It would be less of a hassle and easier to implement, though coupled with testosterone injections, Estrogen is likely going to be an issue requiring an AI and adding yet another chemical to the mix would go against my concepts. Since you're under doctor's care, and I'm a strong believer thanks to what HCG did for me, you'll certainly see relief. I just think it'll be the HCG that helps moreso than the testosterone, in the case of PFS. In fact, taking testosterone in a PFS state without HCG and suffering further shutdown has made ppl feel worse. DHT too, likely as a result of shutdown and estrogen combating.

To touch on other concerns of desensitization, this doesn't seem to be an issue at this dose and duration. I see many searches of HCG bring up HPTA restart protocols which feature dosages of 1000iu to 2000+ (i've even done 2500iu dosages) several times a week for 4 weeks, to kickstart completely shutdown testicles. I can see concerns of desensitization at these dosages could be warranted over the long term, 6+ months or longer, but this isn't the dose we're dealing with. Not to act like a pioneer, but it should be noted this isn't an HPTA Kickstart but rather a Neuro-Restore (i'm coining that phrase) & there are not a lot of ppl using HCG in this manner (or not posting about it). Though the videos I posted and others have posted from LeoLongevity are advocating it so I'm hopeful it's catching on, not just the results here.

I still see people say "My LH is fine" or "My testosterone/DHT is fine". On paper, yes, but if you have newfound anxiety and shrunken genitals, then it's something more. And as the doctors have said, it's all in our head. Well, they're right, but not how they think they are.

I sincerely appreciate the support from everyone here.

ort123

Hey @jsykez2020 welcome aboard. I took some time off to do some work but i still lurked a little so i'll catch up a few topics

Obv, i'm not a doctor so i don't want to contradict a doctor but i'll give my opinion on HCG with TRT, which there are videos on here that support this opinion and I expect more doctors to see HCG as more than a fertility tool and maybe even the better initial choice for TRT, given the efficacy and success (though a harder commitment)

To level set, after all i tried to recover from PFS and thankfully others have seen results from low dose HCG, I hold the opinion that it was neurosteroids such as allopregnanolone causing us the lion's share of problems. Other hormones are generally out of whack too but, more often than not, blood tests show the base 'sex hormones' (T,E,DHT) are fine in the blood, yet we're clearly impacted by something.

So the use of low dose HCG is more than fertility but rather, more importantly, neurosteroid restoration (in the case of PFS) or sustainability. In fact, touching on what i said above, I see the future of TRT being, when one can commit, a 6 month course of low dose HCG (250iu MWF) and evaluation under medical supervision, before a lifelong commitment of TRT WHICH still requies HCG as just restoration/replacement of the sex hormones may, down the line after years of base trt, still have instances of depression, anxiety, etc. similar to PFS. Again, my opinion.

So the low dose HCG restored my allopreg, amongst other neuros, which then relieved symptoms of anxiety, sexual function (other hormones involved here), feeling of enjoyment, sociability, brain fog, etc.

I'm a bigger proponent of gently nudging which is why i like my dose schedule but i won't contradict the doctor, though 500iu every 3 days is exactly a vial every month. It would be less of a hassle and easier to implement, though coupled with testosterone injections, Estrogen is likely going to be an issue requiring an AI and adding yet another chemical to the mix would go against my concepts. Since you're under doctor's care, and I'm a strong believer thanks to what HCG did for me, you'll certainly see relief. I just think it'll be the HCG that helps moreso than the testosterone, in the case of PFS. In fact, taking testosterone in a PFS state without HCG and suffering further shutdown has made ppl feel worse. DHT too, likely as a result of shutdown and estrogen combating.

To touch on other concerns of desensitization, this doesn't seem to be an issue at this dose and duration. I see many searches of HCG bring up HPTA restart protocols which feature dosages of 1000iu to 2000+ (i've even done 2500iu dosages) several times a week for 4 weeks, to kickstart completely shutdown testicles. I can see concerns of desensitization at these dosages could be warranted over the long term, 6+ months or longer, but this isn't the dose we're dealing with. Not to act like a pioneer, but it should be noted this isn't an HPTA Kickstart but rather a Neuro-Restore (i'm coining that phrase) & there are not a lot of ppl using HCG in this manner (or not posting about it). Though the videos I posted and others have posted from LeoLongevity are advocating it so I'm hopeful it's catching on, not just the results here.

I still see people say "My LH is fine" or "My testosterone/DHT is fine". On paper, yes, but if you have newfound anxiety and shrunken genitals, then it's something more. And as the doctors have said, it's all in our head. Well, they're right, but not how they think they are.

Can you please explain how the hcg would be able to restore neurosteroid levels in a way trt wouldn’t be able to?

OP
J

JoeKool

Hey @ort123

Good question, we know testosterone injections will lead to a shutdown of testicular & LH activity, that's not new, but here's a study pointing out what I'm referring to:

Two quotes here:
Serum testosterone and androstenedione concentrations increased (P less than 0.05) but pregnenolone, 17-hydroxypregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone, 5-androstene-3 beta, 17 beta-diol, progesterone and 17-hydroxyprogesterone concentrations strongly decreased (P less than 0.001) during steroid administration

In conclusion, self-administration of testosterone and anabolic steroids soon led to impairment of testicular endocrine function which was characterized by low concentrations of testosterone precursors, high ratios of testosterone to its precursor steroids and low SHBG concentrations

(We only care of it's precursors here)

1608331083539.png

If you want to see the whole picture: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Steroidogenesis.svg

So TRT without some sort of LH stimulation like HCG will lead to diminished precursors which is why PFS Sufferers feel worse on testosterone.

Here's a quick study on LH for progesterone creation:

"Luteinizing Hormone (LH)/human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) stimulates progesterone biosynthesis in the corpus luteum by activating cAMP /protein kinase A (PKA) cascade"

Now full disclosure, during my research and recovery, someone pointed out that HCG's effect on StAR was more valuable:

"Stimulation of mLTC-1 mouse Leydig tumor cells with hCG resulted in the coordinate regulation of StAR mRNA expression and progesterone accumulation in a time-response manner"

Below is a picture of StAR's importance in this hormone cascade. So it's very likely a combo of StAR & Progesterone Synthesis from HCG that resulted in my recovery. .

1608333245675.png

Oh last minute edit, to add, I always said it was creation of Allopreg that was diminished by blocking 5ar, and HCG boosts that:

(that's from my first post)

So I was correct about how it ends up creating allopreg, but it most likely isn't just progesterone synthesis

ort123

Ce
Hey @ort123

Good question, we know testosterone injections will lead to a shutdown of testicular & LH activity, that's not new, but here's a study pointing out what I'm referring to:

Two quotes here:
Serum testosterone and androstenedione concentrations increased (P less than 0.05) but pregnenolone, 17-hydroxypregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone, 5-androstene-3 beta, 17 beta-diol, progesterone and 17-hydroxyprogesterone concentrations strongly decreased (P less than 0.001) during steroid administration

In conclusion, self-administration of testosterone and anabolic steroids soon led to impairment of testicular endocrine function which was characterized by low concentrations of testosterone precursors, high ratios of testosterone to its precursor steroids and low SHBG concentrations

(We only care of it's precursors here)

View attachment 20763

If you want to see the whole picture: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Steroidogenesis.svg

So TRT without some sort of LH stimulation like HCG will lead to diminished precursors which is why PFS Sufferers feel worse on testosterone.

Here's a quick study on LH for progesterone creation:

"Luteinizing Hormone (LH)/human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) stimulates progesterone biosynthesis in the corpus luteum by activating cAMP /protein kinase A (PKA) cascade"

Now full disclosure, during my research and recovery, someone pointed out that HCG's effect on StAR was more valuable:

"Stimulation of mLTC-1 mouse Leydig tumor cells with hCG resulted in the coordinate regulation of StAR mRNA expression and progesterone accumulation in a time-response manner"

Below is a picture of StAR's importance in this hormone cascade. So it's very likely a combo of StAR & Progesterone Synthesis from HCG that resulted in my recovery. .

View attachment 20764

Oh last minute edit, to add, I always said it was creation of Allopreg that was diminished by blocking 5ar, and HCG boosts that:

(that's from my first post)

So I was correct about how it ends up creating allopreg, but it most likely isn't just progesterone synthesis
Certainly interesting. Though in the TRT example you provided initially the TRT was taken in conjunction with anabolic steroids so we cannot attribute to the decline in neurosteroid precursors to TRT.

OP
J

JoeKool

@ort123 I'll just add this but i want to word it right.

Either way, whether shutdown occurs on TRT (which happens unless there's LH stimulation with HCG or keeping estrogen in check with something like Clomid) or stronger steroids, I've shown testosterone is not the precursor to allopreg (i know that's not what you’re stating here but hold that thought) but I’m saying we’re replenishing those neurosteroids via LH (or StAR) which I’ve shown.

Still, it doesn’t matter whether we attribute the decline in neurosteroids to trt or finasteride, our starting point in PFS is diminished neurosteroids (my belief of what pfs is) & testosterone is not a precursor to allopregnanolone or any neurosteroid in those pictures. I know that’s not the crux of what your asking, but trt will not lead to more allopregnanolone, for example, and I’m stating as above the implementation of hcg during trt does more than fertility.

Good discussion tho

stopfin

@JoeKool you are talking about this protocol suitable for pfs guys with 'normal' blood sexual hormones. But what about people who unambiguously developed secondary hypogonadism (testicles still working if they get enough LH)? Do you think this low dose hCG protocol is suitable also for these guys or do we need something else for them?

For me, 3x 250IU has the same results as while under tamoxifen: hot flashes, nerve pain and muscle weakness. As if body is not able to handle the upped hormones. I have no clue

OP
J

JoeKool

Hello @stopfin , the first thing i would suggest is lowering the dose. There is def a range that appears successful but see how you feel on 150iu m/w/f. This is just my suggestion on what i would do based on how i felt, as i'm not a doctor.

You can even go lower, like 150iu M & Thursday only. If you have a doctor working with you, blood levels on hcg could help paint some of the picture.

Again, i would work to dial in HCG, and avoid adding more to the mix (if you've considered adding an AI for example). Test low dose, see if those side effects subside, then stick with it, as the other benefits slowly come in. Might just take longer

jsykez2020

Thank you so much for your detailed response !
I also suffer with tinitus and feeling of fullness in ears and pressure in head etc.

After my 1st injection I definitely felt some improvements , but since 2nd I havent.

My T levels were on avg 7nmol/l before I started TRT ... after 2nd injection went to 42nmol/l but LH is < 0.2 !

Im not as educated as you but it seems that is a bad thing right ?

My specialist says probably the low T was caused by finasteride therefore wants to put me on HCG for 6 months and lower me T dose to see if my natural production can kickstart again with the view to take me off completely

Do u think supplementing pregnenolone will have the same effect as HCG?

Not even remotely and that's from experience with both. To derive mental benefits of pregnenolone relies on having functional 5 alpha reductase enzyme in the CNS which is one of the very things broken with us that we're trying to fix. When I took 100 mg 6 years ago (before PFS), it made me calm and blissful. When I took 100 mg a few months ago, it made me extremely emotional and prone to crying (since most of the pregnenolone ended up as estrogen rather than converted into useful neurosteroids). Additionally, the effects of pregnenolone are very dose-dependent.

Jayvee

Finally received my Ovidac this morning. Injected 250IU

I'll keep everyone updated!

Good to hear. Hoping you a speedy recovery. Let us know how you get on. I have a survey set up that asks a bunch of questions to monitor before and after results. (I don’t take any personal details). Would you be happy to fill it in?

If so I will pm you the link.

Cooper

Hello guys, im going to ask this for a future use if HCG will be necessary. So i have a vial of 1500iu HCG powder and 1ml sodium chloride to mix it. Anyone knows how can i dosage 250iu out of that 1500iu? Is there any IU referenced micro needles to inject?

Also, the label says, this HCG must be used right after mixing it! So, if im going to dose 250iu, one bottle of my HCG will stay in the fridge for 2.5 weeks.. Doesn't that kills the product?

PS: My Tamoxifen blood results will be availeble in new year. I will share them, i expect\dream of a full recovery after i quit 2 weeks later. Praying for god.

stopfin

Hello guys, im going to ask this for a future use if HCG will be necessary. So i have a vial of 1500iu HCG powder and 1ml sodium chloride to mix it. Anyone knows how can i dosage 250iu out of that 1500iu? Is there any IU referenced micro needles to inject?

Also, the label says, this HCG must be used right after mixing it! So, if im going to dose 250iu, one bottle of my HCG will stay in the fridge for 2.5 weeks.. Doesn't that kills the product?

PS: My Tamoxifen blood results will be availeble in new year. I will share them, i expect\dream of a full recovery after i quit 2 weeks later. Praying for god.
Hi @Cooper how long did u cycle tamoxifen? And have you already recovered or do u expect to do it after withdrawal? keep in mind that it has a half live of about 10 days in average. What kind of sides did you experience while on it? I took it 5 months, had almost the same high T levels even 6 weeks after withdrawal. I felt very good after it physically, not with sleep though. Unfortunately I suppressed me again with 4 weeks of Ultra Hard.

I had the same problem like u with the hCG vial and the sodium chloride 1 ml solution (I'm on cycle now for 6 weeks after UH shutdown). In my opinion the only option is to mix the 1500IU with 1ml of bac water and then draw 0.2ml with the needle (or 0.167ml if you can be so precise with it) to get 250IU out of the vial. With my hCG they said it should only be mixed with the delivered sodium chloride solution, so I'm not sure if the powder can be stored in the fridge with bac water...

Last edited:

Jayvee

I think in ideal circumstances that it should be used straight away. I have noticed that my response to freshly mixed HCG is better than one that is older.

A video I have seen online says 28 days once opened. In all honesty I don’t know but I have switched to small vials for that very reason so I can do smaller batches.

I would add more solution to the mix too, @JoeKool recommended I do this and I personally have found it better, also makes it more likely and easier to get the right dose

Vicecaz

I didn't use the sodium chloride my HCG came with. And I put the HCG+Bac water in the fridge. It's a vial of 5000UI (less after 2 injections) and 3ml of Bac water with it so I take approx 0.150ml per injection

I'm curious about the longevity of reconstituted HCG with Bac water once it's put in the fridge. If experienced people could share their insights that'd be great

Last edited:

gabe

I didn't use the sodium chloride my HCG came with. And I put the HCG+Bac water in the fridge. It's a vial of 5000UI (less after 2 injections) and 3ml of Bac water with it so I take approx 0.150ml per injection

I'm curious about the longevity of reconstituted HCG sith Bac water once it's put in the fridge. If experienced people could share their insights that'd be great
I just asked this question to my doctor. I have a 6000UI vial (2 months supply @250UIs). He said, once reconstituted with bacteriostatic water and refrigerated, it will last about 90 days and not be concerned with potency degradation over that period. Hope this helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals