Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

T

TheBeard

Interesting, I had a couple of beers on saturday night and I feared I would wake up feeling awful but quite the opposite. Once I had some coffee and vitamins I was feeling much more motivated, relaxed and androgenic than usual. I was able to concentrate better than usual too. I must be keeping my estrogen too low after all, because I dont see what other effect drinking a couple beers could have.

I would say with the wide arrays of changes beer consumption induces, it would be pretty unlikely it's the estrogen change you are noticing.

Karlucchi

I remember you from swole source, I did the HCG for 6 months and saw solid improvements all around, but moreso physical than mental.
I'm thinking about running it with Etifoxine to further boost Allo. Just don't want to **** with the protocol too much. This dude Joe on SwoleSource is running HCG with topical progesterone for the mental benefits and has been saying good things.

sladerunner69

I would say with the wide arrays of changes beer consumption induces, it would be pretty unlikely it's the estrogen change you are noticing.

Yes, unfortunately I could not really pinpoint what was going one, whether it be the cortisol, estrogen, GABA, or something else. I'll have to make an effort to perform some controlled experiments on myself.

I'm thinking about running it with Etifoxine to further boost Allo. Just don't want to **** with the protocol too much. This dude Joe on SwoleSource is running HCG with topical progesterone for the mental benefits and has been saying good things.
I've been taking progesterone on/off for a very long time. The mental benefits of progesterone are usually good, (as it is known to be very beneficial to the brain), but it does have the downside of being sedating and even anti-androgenic. I usually use just one two drops of progestene and don't take it two days in a row.

I also have been taking etifoxine off/on since last March. It helps a lot with anxiety, but I don't often have that issue anymore unless I drink too much coffee or get poor sleep. I do remember someone on this forum claiming that etifoxine improved their PFS drastically, especially their neurological problems, which seems to make sense as it increase allopreg so much.

jinstewart

Month 4, 400iu HCG M/W/F
Vit D3 2000iu Sunday and Weds

Gosh I need to update this better...

In short, don't think there's any improvement sexually but mentally, I'm STILL improving. Motivation really up and down, although down a fair bit sometimes, but sometimes REALLY up. Those "stunned" feelings of "gosh, bam, the world!" are less and less striking and more and more "normal days" and additionally, although somewhat isolated these days, I can totally "absorb" planet earth much much more. SO weird.

Full disclosure, I took a short-dose (sourcing issues) of 200iu last Weds, but only last Weds. Friday onwards back to 400iu. I have a feeling that improved things but I could be wrong, just noting it here.

The bloods I keep promising I keep putting off too. I know I know... I will take these April or maybe even start of May if I need.

Aside from depressed at being fat and impotent and alone honestly I don't actually feel that bad really. Coping at work, definitely NOT as well as in my pre-PFS years but I have a "full awareness" of the job again and can cover my deficiencies in motivation and brain-power adequately! Lol.

There is some magic to this. Somewhere in this is a big "something" but Joe is right in saying it's a VERY long slog and it WILL NOT happen over night, but also of note is there may be ups and downs and ALSO that you might have to find a "sweet spot" although I do NOT imagine that's a license to go straight in mainlining 10000iu/day and hope to be cured in a week. I'd say start LOW, maybe 200iu, and then try 300iu the next month, and maybe max out around 500iu.

Bear in mind that is NOT medical advice that's based on something I purely "get the feeling of" and don't take my word for any of it. Pulled DIRECTLY out my **** so note caveat.

The sun outside the window now is "getting into my mind" in a way that I remember. Even before now having felt so much better it was incredible there is an old depth to these feelings and this experience of life. It is a bright and rich day outside.

Keep going everyone.

OP
J

JoeKool

Hello All

Just checking in, though I still lurk.

One thing that I began describing HCG as is almost two different drugs. When it's under 1000iu dose, it seemingly goes all neurosteroid (which is what we want for PFS) but when dosed over 1000iu, it hits the sex hormones greater (test,dht,estrogen). I believe this is why HCG received a bad rap early on during PFS trials because it was never a sex hormone issue and everyone tried 2000+iu dosages, for a week or two, for example.

I found this to be something they call 'allosteric modulation' (kinda). Basically, what allosteric modulation is the 'sweet spot'. Too little of something causes an issue and too much of something causes an issue, but the 'just right/sweet spot' dosage is where you want to be. (They picture it as a horseshoe)

DHEA & PREG dosages are the same concept. The good thing is they don't have a negative feedback loop but DHEA could convert to estrogen which leads to a negative feedback of sex hormones (test,E,DHT).

I describe this because @jinstewart , i believe once the neurosteroid base is right, we can then tackle sex hormones and fix the genital issues. It truly wouldn't work going the other order, like first going high dose HCG for sex hormones while our brains remain unable to relax/concentrate in a PFS state.

Your update is great news going in the right direction and I promise we'll tackle the sex hormone/genital issues soon. It's interesting because @sladerunner69 great updates, he saw more physical improvements so i know it'll happen for you, just might go up in the dose once we feel the timing is right.

@FinVictim i think you'll benefit from increasing HCG similarly to jinstewart. Try 300iu for several weeks, then reassess. It took me 10 weeks to even see anything during my cycle and i know @jinstewart really worked different dosages but then, the recovery just sneaks up on you and you start to realize things coming back online.

Great support from everyone! @Jayvee I'm psyched to hear some news from ya! @Mister how are you feeling? @newyorker I believe you had some ups & downs? @MyUsernameHere still at a good spot? Hope everyone is well & sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

acne1776

Month 4, 400iu HCG M/W/F
Vit D3 2000iu Sunday and Weds

Gosh I need to update this better...

In short, don't think there's any improvement sexually but mentally, I'm STILL improving. Motivation really up and down, although down a fair bit sometimes, but sometimes REALLY up. Those "stunned" feelings of "gosh, bam, the world!" are less and less striking and more and more "normal days" and additionally, although somewhat isolated these days, I can totally "absorb" planet earth much much more. SO weird.

Full disclosure, I took a short-dose (sourcing issues) of 200iu last Weds, but only last Weds. Friday onwards back to 400iu. I have a feeling that improved things but I could be wrong, just noting it here.

The bloods I keep promising I keep putting off too. I know I know... I will take these April or maybe even start of May if I need.

Aside from depressed at being fat and impotent and alone honestly I don't actually feel that bad really. Coping at work, definitely NOT as well as in my pre-PFS years but I have a "full awareness" of the job again and can cover my deficiencies in motivation and brain-power adequately! Lol.

There is some magic to this. Somewhere in this is a big "something" but Joe is right in saying it's a VERY long slog and it WILL NOT happen over night, but also of note is there may be ups and downs and ALSO that you might have to find a "sweet spot" although I do NOT imagine that's a license to go straight in mainlining 10000iu/day and hope to be cured in a week. I'd say start LOW, maybe 200iu, and then try 300iu the next month, and maybe max out around 500iu.

Bear in mind that is NOT medical advice that's based on something I purely "get the feeling of" and don't take my word for any of it. Pulled DIRECTLY out my **** so note caveat.

The sun outside the window now is "getting into my mind" in a way that I remember. Even before now having felt so much better it was incredible there is an old depth to these feelings and this experience of life. It is a bright and rich day outside.

Keep going everyone.
Awesome to hear things are going well. Mental issues (particularly anxiety) are the most debilitating symptoms in my case as I obviously need to be able to converse with people to get a job and function at one without having panic attacks. I have a comorbid psychological disorder so I still may have the panic attacks but I'm hoping the carnivore diet will get rid of the panic attacks on its own or maybe fixing my neurosteroids will get my brain working properly. Either way awesome to hear you're having benefits and that they continue to get even stronger.

Hello All

One thing that I began describing HCG as is almost two different drugs. When it's under 1000iu dose, it seemingly goes all neurosteroid (which is what we want for PFS) but when dosed over 1000iu, it hits the sex hormones greater (test,dht,estrogen). I believe this is why HCG received a bad rap early on during PFS trials because it was never a sex hormone issue and everyone tried 2000+iu dosages, for a week or two, for example.

I found this to be something they call 'allosteric modulation' (kinda). Basically, what allosteric modulation is the 'sweet spot'. Too little of something causes an issue and too much of something causes an issue, but the 'just right/sweet spot' dosage is where you want to be. (They picture it as a horseshoe)

DHEA & PREG dosages are the same concept. The good thing is they don't have a negative feedback loop but DHEA could convert to estrogen which leads to a negative feedback of sex hormones (test,E,DHT).

I describe this because @jinstewart , i believe once the neurosteroid base is right, we can then tackle sex hormones and fix the genital issues. It truly wouldn't work going the other order, like first going high dose HCG for sex hormones while our brains remain unable to relax/concentrate in a PFS state.

Your update is great news going in the right direction and I promise we'll tackle the sex hormone/genital issues soon. It's interesting because @sladerunner69 great updates, he saw more physical improvements so i know it'll happen for you, just might go up in the dose once we feel the timing is right.

@FinVictim i think you'll benefit from increasing HCG similarly to jinstewart. Try 300iu for several weeks, then reassess. It took me 10 weeks to even see anything during my cycle and i know @jinstewart really worked different dosages but then, the recovery just sneaks up on you and you start to realize things coming back online.

Great support from everyone! @Jayvee I'm psyched to hear some news from ya! @Mister how are you feeling? @newyorker I believe you had some ups & downs? @MyUsernameHere still at a good spot? Hope everyone is well & sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
Awesome to hear from you as well. It's always reassuring seeing your posts on here as you were able to fully fix yourself definitely puts my mind at ease that it is possible. Also appears as though the method may be replicable which is terrific. Thanks for the continued contribution on here

jinstewart

Thanks muchly Joe. :)

Keep on coming back to FuckedNoMore from phelp who recovered after a steriods cycle. He swears his PCT cured him, on which he felt nasty... but I GUESS it could be more magic in the HCG side of things. I am only assuming he took HCG during, but he doesn't mention that specifically.

Regardless I assumed he took the regular 1000iu/week and replicated his protocol just over a year ago. I swear this fixed sleep (pretty much) but little else lasting from it. Maybe some mental uptick too.

Or he'd gotten himself somewhere previously where he was "primed" for that to work.

Meh, who knows but he's a really interesting hormonal cure story.

Jayvee

Hello All

Hi Joe (and everyone), still on the low doses and not as structured as other people here... I tend to do it based on feeling which can be every other day or sometimes a couple days apart. Nothing major to report back on, I’m using this alongside a few ‘peaty’ ideas and having mostly good success. Still some learning and experimenting to do but I’m definitely seeing some kinds of improvements. ?

gabe

PROTOCOL UPDATE
16 weeks, hCG M/W/F (Weeks: 1-9 250iu, Weeks: 10-present 400iu)

Notable
22 months TRT (200mg) compounded cream applied to the scrotum ED
Creatine 5mg ED
Vit D 5000iu ED

Latest labs (2/15/21)

T: 1229 ng/dl
Free: 59.61 ng/dl
DHT: 369
DHEA: 113 ug/dl
Estradiol, Sensitive: 42.2 pg/ml
SHBG: 37.7 nmol/L

Positives
+Seeing much better improvements to sleep. Waking up once to pee (sometimes not at all), but able to fall right back to sleep regardless. Still not getting deep restful sleep but I feel like I'm getting there
+Baseline brain-fog "slightly" better. The persistent 24/7 heavy-headedness in the front of my head has improved, some days it feels hardly noticeable. First time in over four years I have felt any improvements in brain-fog. Cognitively, I still have days where it's like trying to think through a thick blanket, string words together, recall basic information--especially in meetings or in conversations. No real breakthroughs here...
+Anxiety has "slightly" improved. It's more episodic now rather than persistent.
+Energy levels improved. I'm hardly ever tired. I have been doing IF 16:8 for over 5 years now, and I have noticed when I break my fast with carbs or gluten my brain-fog explodes and I get sleepy
+Heavy resistance training 5X week. Making consistent gains in the gym. Sitting at around 12% BF, lean and muscular (thanks to TRT and boosted by hCG)

Negatives
+Libido completely shut off (going on 5 or so months now). Bouts of "desire to have sex" creep in but they are fleeting.
+Adhedonia/motivation is still rampant. General interest in things that used to appeal to me is non-existent
+Weird feeling of congestion stuffiness (especially on the ride side of my head in my ear). Occasional Tenittus like "ringing" in my ears that lasts for about 10-15 seconds
+Side delts, traps, and neck are constantly aching 24/7. De-loaded recently to no avail.

I'm now looking into the world of peptides. Lots of exciting things happening in this space. My doctor gave me the go-ahead to start on PT-141 Bremelanotide. It's a peptide known to produce sexual arousal in the central nervous system and influence sexual behavior. If anyone has any experience with this peptide please let me know. I haven't tried it yet but will report back once I receive it in the mail. Next, I'm looking into cognitive peptides like Dihexa and Cerebrolysin. From what I'm reading these look promising. Will report back again soon.

T

TheBeard

PROTOCOL UPDATE
16 weeks, hCG M/W/F (Weeks: 1-9 250iu, Weeks: 10-present 400iu)

Notable
22 months TRT (200mg) compounded cream applied to the scrotum ED
Creatine 5mg ED
Vit D 5000iu ED

Latest labs (2/15/21)

T: 1229 ng/dl
Free: 59.61 ng/dl
DHT: 369
DHEA: 113 ug/dl
Estradiol, Sensitive: 42.2 pg/ml
SHBG: 37.7 nmol/L

Positives
+Seeing much better improvements to sleep. Waking up once to pee (sometimes not at all), but able to fall right back to sleep regardless. Still not getting deep restful sleep but I feel like I'm getting there
+Baseline brain-fog "slightly" better. The persistent 24/7 heavy-headedness in the front of my head has improved, some days it feels hardly noticeable. First time in over four years I have felt any improvements in brain-fog. Cognitively, I still have days where it's like trying to think through a thick blanket, string words together, recall basic information--especially in meetings or in conversations. No real breakthroughs here...
+Anxiety has "slightly" improved. It's more episodic now rather than persistent.
+Energy levels improved. I'm hardly ever tired. I have been doing IF 16:8 for over 5 years now, and I have noticed when I break my fast with carbs or gluten my brain-fog explodes and I get sleepy
+Heavy resistance training 5X week. Making consistent gains in the gym. Sitting at around 12% BF, lean and muscular (thanks to TRT and boosted by hCG)

Negatives
+Libido completely shut off (going on 5 or so months now). Bouts of "desire to have sex" creep in but they are fleeting.
+Adhedonia/motivation is still rampant. General interest in things that used to appeal to me is non-existent
+Weird feeling of congestion stuffiness (especially on the ride side of my head in my ear). Occasional Tenittus like "ringing" in my ears that lasts for about 10-15 seconds
+Side delts, traps, and neck are constantly aching 24/7. De-loaded recently to no avail.

I'm now looking into the world of peptides. Lots of exciting things happening in this space. My doctor gave me the go-ahead to start on PT-141 Bremelanotide. It's a peptide known to produce sexual arousal in the central nervous system and influence sexual behavior. If anyone has any experience with this peptide please let me know. I haven't tried it yet but will report back once I receive it in the mail. Next, I'm looking into cognitive peptides like Dihexa and Cerebrolysin. From what I'm reading these look promising. Will report back again soon.

How often/day do you apply the T cream to the scrotum?

How many hours after application was the blood drawn?

gabe

How often/day do you apply the T cream to the scrotum?

How many hours after application was the blood drawn?
I indicated ED = Every Day, not sure that was clear. I routinely apply it once per day early as possible.

I drew blood within 2-3 hours of application, and fasted.

T

TheBeard

I indicated ED = Every Day, not sure that was clear. I routinely apply it once per day early as possible.

I drew blood within 2-3 hours of application, and fasted.

That was clear, what wasn't was how many times per day.

Fasting doesn't change anything as far as steroid hormones are concerned in a blood test, with the exception of cortisol.

That's a bit early to draw bloods, you want to know where's your trough with once per day application.
I would draw bloods 8h after, or even better, in the morning before your daily application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karlucchi

So I just finished my 3rd dose yesterday. What I've noticed so far...

The first 4 days of the week (2 doses Mon-Thursday) It felt like my body was acclimating to the new level of hormones or something. It felt like I had a heightened cortisol response as I felt more stressed than usual. I was a little worried that the feeling would stick around for the whole hcg run and I was digging myself deeper into a hole.

Friday however, after the injection I felt great. Both mental and physical benefits were noticed. I was more motivated at work, less stressed (even after chugging a large iced coffee), and all around was feeling good. I even noticed a small bump in libido. Jerked off, and busted a huge load which was sick. Then later that night noticed random periods where I would get semis. All around pretty happy right now.

Also I've lost a couple pounds this week which is welcomed.

Hoping this continues.

Mister

So I just finished my 3rd dose yesterday. What I've noticed so far...

The first 4 days of the week (2 doses Mon-Thursday) It felt like my body was acclimating to the new level of hormones or something. It felt like I had a heightened cortisol response as I felt more stressed than usual. I was a little worried that the feeling would stick around for the whole hcg run and I was digging myself deeper into a hole.

Friday however, after the injection I felt great. Both mental and physical benefits were noticed. I was more motivated at work, less stressed (even after chugging a large iced coffee), and all around was feeling good. I even noticed a small bump in libido. Jerked off, and busted a huge load which was sick. Then later that night noticed random periods where I would get semis. All around pretty happy right now.

Also I've lost a couple pounds this week which is welcomed.

Hoping this continues.
Great to hear. Did you have any bloodwork before starting HCG? If so what was your test level, LH and FSH?

Beefsnacks

Another update, closing in on 6 months. Overall been doing pretty well, still doing MWF at 300iu consistently.

Nothing else, trying to eat better hear and there but I'm pretty lazy with my diet. I'm not sure if I'll run one more month or not
but I will be taking some kind of anti estrogen at the end after a week brake like clomid or nolvadex ect.

My erections are better, still some good and bad days but they feel more full, I don't all ways but often wake up with a erection.
The funny thing was that this month I ran out of HCG and did not have any for about a week or so, in that time I felt my libido come
back more so then when I'm on HCG. Thought that was interesting, but might just be me I really don't know.

Mentally I'd say I'm almost about back to my normal self, but I've been feeling like that for a long time as a lot of the other guys have said running this
that there mental state started to improve before there physical symptoms.

I'm thinking of taking some like Alpha GPC, or noopept to help with the mental aspect, but not sure if this will mess with the HCG, any thoughts?

I'll report back when I'm done my last HCG dose, as I rarely ever post but read all the new comments,

Thanks guys

acne1776

Another update, closing in on 6 months. Overall been doing pretty well, still doing MWF at 300iu consistently.

Nothing else, trying to eat better hear and there but I'm pretty lazy with my diet. I'm not sure if I'll run one more month or not
but I will be taking some kind of anti estrogen at the end after a week brake like clomid or nolvadex ect.

My erections are better, still some good and bad days but they feel more full, I don't all ways but often wake up with a erection.
The funny thing was that this month I ran out of HCG and did not have any for about a week or so, in that time I felt my libido come
back more so then when I'm on HCG. Thought that was interesting, but might just be me I really don't know.

Mentally I'd say I'm almost about back to my normal self, but I've been feeling like that for a long time as a lot of the other guys have said running this

I'm thinking of taking some like Alpha GPC, or noopept to help with the mental aspect, but not sure if this will mess with the HCG, any thoughts?

I'll report back when I'm done my last HCG dose, as I rarely ever post but read all the new comments,

Thanks guys
sounds promising thanks for the update. best of luck

Jayvee

Thanks guys

That’s really promising man! In my experience the cognitive issues and energy levels are the most difficult to claw back, I’ve had libido and mood improve with diet alone. Have you tried Gelatine? Still not overly convinced by anti-estrogens, have you ever had prolactin checked? My Prolactin seemed to creep back up even on small doses of HCG, I feel like theirs a susceptibility to it (at least for me anyway).

Really glad to read your post anyway. It’s difficult to do but I think it’s important to note even the small wins because they can be good indicators of where things are going, particularly with a 6+ month protocol where results don’t always come immediately.

Beefsnacks

I haven't had bloods done in maybe 5 months. Last time I got them done Prolactin was in the normal rage but it very well might be high right now.

Have not given Gelatine a shot, what would it be helping with? Do you find any benefits from it?

Jayvee

I haven't had bloods done in maybe 5 months. Last time I got them done Prolactin was in the normal rage but it very well might be high right now.

Have not given Gelatine a shot, what would it be helping with? Do you find any benefits from it?

I either get Massive benefits from it or I get a slight benefit from it. I can’t figure out why sometimes it’s more effective than other times.

I’ve seen people describe it as ‘turning up the contrast’ which I think explains it nicely (literally things can seem brighter in appearance sometimes) I think this has a multitude of effects on the brain and increases Dopamine and Allopregnanolone. On a good day my libido goes way up and on a not so good day it just increases my mood and cognition slightly. Well worth a try anyway... it could be what you need to push things the ‘right way’ a bit more.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals