Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

MitchMitchell

Hey all. Reporting in. Also started the 250IU hCG EOD protocol (not doing MWF as there's no supporting literature for a resting day) under supervision of an andrologist-urologist. Currently one month in, unfortunately not noticing any effects yet. But we'll see where it goes.

My story:
Sporty 29 year old, athletic build (BMI 23), healthy varied diet since a young age. Used finasteride 1mg for 20 days back in March 2020. I quit immediately after noticing erectile dysfunction, severe loss of libido, watery semen and loss of genital sensitivity. These side effects never went away. Over the course of last year I've also been noticing anhedonia, flat emotions, both positive and negative. Apart from the sexual side effects I'm most worried about the anhedonia and not being able to enjoy life as much as I used to anymore. It's in the smallest of things, for instance: the sharpness of looking forward to and enjoying a cup of good coffee is nowhere near what it used to be.

My pre-hCG lab results. For the record: these are 8 months after finasteride use without trying any treatment yet.
Blood results 15th dec 2020
LH2,2 U/L1,0 - 8,4 U/L
FAI7530 - 85
Free testosteron398 pmol/L165 - 655 pmol/L
Testosteron 15 nmol/L9 - 30 nmol/L
SHBG 20 nmol/L13 - 71 nmol/L
Prolactin 0,16 U/L0 - 0,3 U/L
PSA (EPSA)1,1 µg/L0,0 - 3,0 µg/L
TSH (TSH) 2,3 mE/L0,5 - 5 mE/L

Thanks a lot for sharing your story and sticking around Joe. What would be very helpful to know is what exactly you did before you started the low dose hCG protocol. Since PFS is such a serious condition of which we don't know the mechanism yet, it would be extremely helpful to gather all the information we can from people who feel cured. Especially in case low dose hCG turns out to not work for some people.
Hypothetically speaking you could have asymptomatically tweaked something in the brain with medication you used prior to low dose hCG. What were the exact regimens you performed before you turned to hCG?

I will keep everyone updated.

looks like hypothyroidism to me

FinVictim

looks like hypothyroidism to me
Hey Mitch, thanks for your suggestion. I wish it was hypothyroidism.. That would be an easy fix. In the case of hypothyroidism you would see high TSH, because the pituitary would be trying to tell the thyroid to produce more triiodothyronine(T3) and thyroxine(T4). My TSH is right in the middle of the normal range.
Many labs don't check for T4 if TSH is in check because it's so strictly interlinked.

cupofcoffee

Hey Mitch, thanks for your suggestion. I wish it was hypothyroidism.. That would be an easy fix. In the case of hypothyroidism you would see high TSH, because the pituitary would be trying to tell the thyroid to produce more triiodothyronine(T3) and thyroxine(T4). My TSH is right in the middle of the normal range.
Many labs don't check for T4 if TSH is in check because it's so strictly interlinked.
From my limited understanding, TSH is not an accurate measurement for thyroid function and it should be under 1 anyway (i've seen this mentioned here a few times, don’t quote me on that). Do you have any low thyroid symptom like low temperature, low heart rate etc.?

FinVictim

From my limited understanding, TSH is not an accurate measurement for thyroid function and it should be under 1 anyway (i've seen this mentioned here a few times, don’t quote me on that). Do you have any low thyroid symptom like low temperature, low heart rate etc.?
Normal temp, unchanged heart rate (sports watch), no fatigue, no muscle weakness. I can ask if they can check T4 next time of course. Thanks.

cupofcoffee

Normal temp, unchanged heart rate (sports watch), no fatigue, no muscle weakness. I can ask if they can check T4 next time of course. Thanks.
Then you probably have normal thyroid function. I got the suspicion mainly because i recall an Haidut's post about finasteride impairing thyroid function.

MitchMitchell

no, your tsh isn’t good + shbg that low may indicate hypothyroidism. Hair loss is a symptom not just temp. Free t4 AND free t3 should be analyzed

sunnyd413

Hi everyone, first post here. I have a question that I know might be difficult to answer but looking for input. My endocrinologist put me on clomid due to my low levels of LH, FSH and bioavailable-T. It has raised the levels, but I’m not feeling the benefits. Also raised my estradiol like crazy, so he put me on anastrozole to lower it. I met with someone who suggested trying HCG to me, and he also suggest I stop taking the clomid/anastrozole. My question is, before starting the HCG, should I wait a significant amount between stopping the clomid and starting the HCG to let my hormone levels normalized more (post PFS normal, not pre PFS of course)? Sorry if this has been answered, I’ve been reading through the thread but it’s just hard for me to keep up, all this hormone/supplement/neuroscience stuff is just a completely new world for me, it’s like a foreign language.

FinVictim

no, your tsh isn’t good + shbg that low may indicate hypothyroidism. Hair loss is a symptom not just temp. Free t4 AND free t3 should be analyzed
According to the literature TSH 2.3 mE/L is totally normal for a 29 year old male but I'll add thyroid hormones to the mix in the next blood analysis. Thanks. Since using finasteride almost a year ago I've had no hair loss.

SHBG is normal too. It's a good sign it's low so new available testosteron won't be neutralized as much.

cupofcoffee

According to the literature TSH 2.3 mE/L is totally normal for a 29 year old male but I'll add thyroid hormones to the mix in the next blood analysis. Thanks. Since using finasteride almost a year ago I've had no hair loss.

SHBG is normal too. It's a good sign it's low so new available testosteron won't be neutralized as much.
low SHBG is bad too since it ban be a sign of low insulin resistance and bad metabolism, what's your blood sugar levels? SHBG is protective against estrogen and helps androgens enter the cells ( of course within normal ranges, TOO high shbg is bad too ).

Shadow5

Hello guys.

PFS from minox / saw palmetto here.

Can someones helps me with my analysis? Thanks a lot.

-Glycenimia : 0.87g / L

-Creatinin : 11mg / L

-Calcium : 95mg / L

-Phosphorus : 35mg / L

-hCG < 2

-Leptin : 1.4 ng/ml (range 0.35 - 9.61) ------> LOW

-Oestradiol : 16 pg / ml ----> LOW ? I was 49 pg / ml 6 month ago (above high range) WTF ??

- Testo : 11 ng / ml - 1100 ng / DL ----> Above range (Testo nearly doubled in 6 months wtf ???) Range is 166 - 877, I was 615 ng / dl 6 motnhs ago.
-SBP 49.5
-Testo / SBP : 76.8

- FSH 3.2
- LH 4.4
- TSH 3.55 microUI/ml
- FT3 : 6.1 pmol / L
- FT4 14.5 pmol / L

-Prolactin 9ng / ml

5HIA all clean.

platelet serotonin all good.

Can someone help me with all those data?

Thanks guys

Cooper

I just injected my first HCG dose. Mixed with 6ml of the bac. water. (The one in the photo i shared here.)
Injected 1ml which contains 250iu. It was kinda hard to get the right amount of liquid inside my 5ml syringe but i did it right. Watch out for the air bubbles, it can still cause harm i guess...

A question, it is in the refrigerator, should i put in the freezer? Or refri is ok?
I hope non alcohol containing bac water won't damage the potency.

Also, can anyone please help me to estimate the T increase with 250iu? How much of TT- Free T increase should i expect from this protocol?

Thanks for all the help guys! I will do an update with my bloods next month. Fingers crossed. :hand:

Last edited:

FinVictim

low SHBG is bad too since it ban be a sign of low insulin resistance and bad metabolism, what's your blood sugar levels? SHBG is protective against estrogen and helps androgens enter the cells ( of course within normal ranges, TOO high shbg is bad too ).
I'll check my glucose?

Ronald1919

I went to another uroligist. The guy was in complete denial about finasteride said there must have been something else are you under stress? Man so depressing these guys think I lost an inch of penis and my penis is in permanent hibernation mode but it's due to stress

I'm taking blackseed oil, creatine and eating sorghum on the regular.

Feeling really close to 'normal' mentally, with just some mild fog. I'm not really sure what's helping, will have to take them out one by one to determine. Could be only now fully realizing the effects of my latest cycle as well.

Sorghum is great because it contains proteins which can 5-alpha reduce testosterone (DET2 - Steroid 5-alpha-reductase DET2 - Sorghum bicolor (Sorghum) - DET2 gene & protein). I can tell it shifts my androgenicity after eating this in a semi-permanent fashion. I also lost some gut bloat and have a kind of chaos energy mentally. Carries over well into business meetings and such, though it can also get you into trouble if you don't know how to control it.

I'm planning to finish my remaining 2 vials of HCG as soon as I get my hands on some BAC water (or I might make my own since it's so damn hard to find from a legit source).

ilhanxx

I was on high dose zinc pıcolınate(120mg)+high dose c(4 gr) about 2 weeks. I dont have any pfs or sexual problems, but these give me night and day difference.

-Every morning and before bed I got speed and ghost whipe. Free and relaxing gut give me a positive mood.

-rock hard erections during sleep*morning*spontaneous thinking*very good sex drive in relationship.

-extreme thick and white volume sperm.

-calmness, decreasing excessive thinking and subtitles in mind.

in the first days zinc give me bone ache and sound problems, but it is gone, bone health is good than ever now.

I will edit if it placebo or mind game.

Cooper

Guys there is a lot of different opinions about this. Should i fridge my HCG solutions? (Bac water and sodium chloride.)
My first solution sits in the refri. but not in the fridge. The rubber band had tiny needle holes so i used a tin foil and pressed hard to prevent air. I hope the potency wont't get low because of the storage times. My bac water didn't have alcohol in it.

Also, anyone knows how much of TT and FT increase should i expect from HCG?

Last edited:
Guys there is a lot of different opinions about this. Should i fridge my HCG solutions? (Bac water and sodium chloride.)

I always kept my reconstituted HCG in a ziplock bag in the fridge. I'd take it out 5 minutes before injecting to let it warm up just a bit.

Also, anyone knows how much of TT and FT increase should i expect from HCG?

No idea, I wouldn't concern myself with reductionist metrics. Just observe your well-being.

Anyone have experience making their own BAC water? There is literally none of it in the EU and the prices from the US are absurd, if available at all.

It sounds like you can just buy benzyl alcohol and add 0.9 mL to 100 mL of water for injections, et voila, BAC water.

But how hard is it to keep everything sterile? I suppose if you spray the surfaces with some disinfectant, wear gloves, use sterile syringes and wipe down the vials with alcohol pads prior to inserting the needles that should be enough to keep things safe, would it not?

I read some things online where people made it sound almost like you need a clean-room to manufacture this stuff, which seems over the top.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals