Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

acne1776

What’s your calculated free T?

My free T is 16.4 (range 5.05 - 19.8) but isn't total testosterone whats important? Or at least doesn't that mean that my receptors wouldn't be working if my free T is way higher than my total T? I'm not as familiar with this kind of information as most people who post on here so I appreciate any help

ort123

My free T is 16.4 (range 5.05 - 19.8) but isn't total testosterone whats important? Or at least doesn't that mean that my receptors wouldn't be working if my free T is way higher than my total T? I'm not as familiar with this kind of information as most people who post on here so I appreciate any help
In actual fact Free T is more significant - it’s the proportion of circulating T which is able to exert action on the cells in your body. The rest is bound to SHBG proteins.

MitchMitchell

If my LH is is 5.7 (range 1.7 - 8.6) but my testosterone is 431 (range 240 - 950), do you guys think I would benefit from HcG? Thanks in advance!

seconding what’s been said, free T is more important. Ask for SHBG, it is probably somewhat low which is observed in case of hypothyroidism insulin resistance you name it. Probably lacking some mineral or vitamin in relation to your calorie requirements.

and I wouldn’t try out HCG if your lh&fsh are well in range.

acne1776

In actual fact Free T is more significant - it’s the proportion of circulating T which is able to exert action on the cells in your body. The rest is bound to SHBG proteins.

The prior time I got my T tested my total T was 188 and my Free T was 6.77 however those could be a result of being on Risperdal which raises prolactin and decreases T. Currently off Risperdal now.Thats interesting the Dr i saw didn't even test for SHBG.

So does this have any implications on whether HcG would help me? I have all the symptoms of Low T. Another interesting point is that my estradiol is 17 (range 27 - 52) and ive seen a lot of people on propeciahelp say low estrogen is worse than low testosterone. Just a thought

OP
J

JoeKool

To reiterate, as the thread is decently long, We can confidently say that PFS is a result of the degradation of neurosteroids from blocking 5aR. If you were healthy prior to starting fin, then low dose/ long term hcg will repair and replenish said neurosteroids.

Blood levels of sex hormones and LH do not indicate the issues PFS sufferers have, and are therefore not relevant to recovery.

The choice is still yours to make, preferably with a doctor.

acne1776

To reiterate, as the thread is decently long, We can confidently say that PFS is a result of the degradation of neurosteroids from blocking 5aR. If you were healthy prior to starting fin, then low dose/ long term hcg will repair and replenish said neurosteroids.

Blood levels of sex hormones and LH do not indicate the issues PFS sufferers have, and are therefore not relevant to recovery.

The choice is still yours to make, preferably with a doctor.
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help it definitely clarified things. I appreciate it

ort123

If you were healthy prior to starting fin, then low dose/ long term hcg will repair and replenish said neurosteroids.
What would explain the many cases on this forum as well as PH who haven’t noticed any benefit from Hcg despite taking it long term?

madis l

JoeKool only noticed benefits after taking it for almost six months at low doses...
He noticed benefits at week 8 then it went on an upward trend but i think he's a unique case , in my opinion a typical bodybuilder pct will work better for most pfsers , it's risky from a health perspective but that's the easiest route to reset your HTPA axis

Last edited:

ort123

He noticed benefits at week 8 then it was an upward trend but i think he's a unique case , in my opinion a typical bodybuilder pct will work better for most pfsers , it's risky from a health perspective but that's the easiest route to reset your HTPA axis
That’s the issue with PFS - there are too many ‘unique cases’ which effectively prevents us from drawing a generalised conclusion about treatments.

OP
J

JoeKool

Some interesting posts. He concludes that FPS is caused by a lack of progesterone and allopregnanolone.

https://www.leoandlongevity.com/post/the-problem-with-finasteride

https://www.leoandlongevity.com/post/snortin-progesterone

One of the ways to increase this is by taking HCG or serms.

He also made an interesting video about HCG;

I’m reposting @Mister awesome links further up.

Guys please follow the thread. I know it’s long but this isn’t an hpta restart similar to bodybuilders. Even still, this video posted shows the short term hcg use by bodybuilders doesn’t make full use of it.

Please understand the differences here.

madis l

That’s the issue with PFS - there are too many ‘unique cases’ which effectively prevents us from drawing a generalised conclusion about treatments.
Agreed to some extent , although i think few (if nothing at all ) have tried a typical "reset" pct , a recent post on reddit this guy cured his pssd after a reset pct , sadly he didn't give us more hints re his pct since his account was suspended The cure : PSSD

Last edited:

ort123

Agreed to some extent , although i think few (if nothing at all ) have tried a typical "reset" pct , here's another example of a "reset" pct success The cure : PSSD
A single PFS sufferer finding success using a single treatment method is common as the one you’ve linked to. Finding more than three claiming success from a single method is next to impossible.

madis l

I’m reposting @Mister awesome links further up.

Guys please follow the thread. I know it’s long but this isn’t an hpta restart similar to bodybuilders. Even still, this video posted shows the short term hcg use by bodybuilders doesn’t make full use of it.

Please understand the differences here.
We do understand but i think the long term / low dose approach isn't best suited to everyone , some people may benefit from another type of approach

Last edited:

madis l

A single PFS sufferer finding success using a single treatment method is common as the one you’ve linked to. Finding more than three claiming success from a single method is next to impossible.
The difference is basically no one has tried the "reset" method , so we can't draw any conclusion with regard to that but i can understand people's unwillingness about going that route , using a typical bodybuilder reset pct ( a few months on TRT followed by a short cycle of clomid , hcg and tamox all at the same time ) is quite risky and might have a negative impact on someone's health , clomid and tamox have been rumoured to cause cancer , so using them at the same time along with hcg might be risky even for a short period of time

Last edited:
OP
J

JoeKool

We do understand but i think the long term / low dose approach isn't best suited to everyone
I accept that point. However, I’ve done short bursts of hcg both before PFS and once during that didn’t ‘stick’. So I’m sharing my experiences as this isn’t just sex hormones or hpta but rather neurosteroids.

and the slow and steady dose provides ‘just enough’ stimulation to bring back those neurosteroids while not overwhelming the receptors to cause more issues.

At most, thus far, I can subscribe that some will need even longer than 6 months but nothing will ‘switch’ someone back after 3 weeks, 8 weeks, 3 months. That just simply isn’t how hormones work when possibly receptor damaged , especially in the context of downstream neurosteroids which can’t be tested in blood and corresponds with the symptoms of pfs.

ort123

W
I accept that point. However, I’ve done short bursts of hcg both before PFS and once during that didn’t ‘stick’. So I’m sharing my experiences as this isn’t just sex hormones or hpta but rather neurosteroids.

and the slow and steady dose provides ‘just enough’ stimulation to bring back those neurosteroids while not overwhelming the receptors to cause more issues.

At most, thus far, I can subscribe that some will need even longer than 6 months but nothing will ‘switch’ someone back after 3 weeks, 8 weeks, 3 months. That just simply isn’t how hormones work when possibly receptor damaged , especially in the context of downstream neurosteroids which can’t be tested in blood and corresponds with the symptoms of pfs.
Well I genuinely hope you aren’t just an isolated case with a positive outcome - I’m yet to see other users report benefits of a similar nature to you despite them taking low dose hcg for a comparable length of time.

madis l

Hpta reset will bring back neurosteroids , i can see where you're coming from , i'm not saying the low dose approach won't work at all but just implying that it's probably not best suited for many pfsers who may benefit from another type of approach , the downside of a hpta reset pct is the risks it has on people's health but it certainly has the potential to cure many of us , you just need to contemplate on whether you're prepared to take the risk or not

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals