Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Enzote2

Has anyone who did hcg or is doing this protocol saw an improvement in blurry/slowmotion vision or derealization kind of like? Or has anyone seen and improvement in this symptom naturally?

trashman

Accutane user here, I think my symptoms are similar to PFS with 5-ar disruption.

Looking to try HCG protocol, can somebody please also tell me where to get HCG?

Is there a biomarker that would show 5-ar issues? Low DHT, high E?

OP
J

JoeKool

The 3 Alpha Androstenediol Glucuronide is a byproduct of DHT, and is the best indication that you may have developed PFS. It is converted by 5 alpha reductase, the same enzyme that Finasteride blocks. Tell your doctor that DHT testing is not very accurate, but 3 Alpha Androstenediol Glucoronide test is reliable, so you will be able to measure your 5 alpha reductase activity by doing this test.

@trashman I have no experience with isotrenin issues (I might be spelling that wrong, but that’s what accutane is) but the downstream neurosteroid effects sound similar, but I think you’d be the first here with post accutane that’s willing to cycle hcg.

putalawea

Hi guys, Im new on this forum and I have been suffering from the propecia permanent sides for like 8 months now. I am still trying to figure out what is my specific problem and I was considering giving HCG a try, but I don't know if im a potencial candidate. Could anyone help me?

My labs test show the following results:

SHBG 28,20 (7 - 59)
TESTOSTERONE 6,27 (1,9 - 15,8)
PROLACTINE 12,19 (2,5 - 16,3)
FSH 1,3 (1,0 - 42,5)
LH 2,5 (1,7 - 11,2)
ESTRADIOL 64,1 (<25 - 75)

I also tested DHT but I don't know if it is really accurate, the result was: 115 (250 - 750) .. very low.

I appreciate the help in advance and I hope everyone get well soon.

Jayvee

Hi guys, Im new on this forum and I have been suffering from the propecia permanent sides for like 8 months now. I am still trying to figure out what is my specific problem and I was considering giving HCG a try, but I don't know if im a potencial candidate. Could anyone help me?

SHBG 28,20 (7 - 59)
FSH 1,3 (1,0 - 42,5)
LH 2,5 (1,7 - 11,2)

I also tested DHT but I don't know if it is really accurate, the result was: 115 (250 - 750) .. very low.

only you can really make that decision. For 4 years I have tried waiting, diets and lots of different expensive supplements.

I have recovered a good bit but I still have PFS and Looking back I wish I have tried this protocol and not wasted all that time.

As for blood tests, it’s probably a better indicator to go by how you feel rather than doing specific hormone tests. It maybe test your overall health To ensure you don’t have anything else going on, that way you can make an informed decision on whether or not this protocol (or others like it) are right for you.

Mister

SHBG 28,20 (7 - 59)
FSH 1,3 (1,0 - 42,5)
LH 2,5 (1,7 - 11,2)

Yup, you look like a perfect candidate for a PCT cycle, low levels of test and LH,...

So yeah you could try the HCG regimen of JoeKool, you can also try clomid, nolvadex cycles. I highly recommend you to read up about PCT's and what they do.

Mister

only you can really make that decision. For 4 years I have tried waiting, diets and lots of different expensive supplements.

I have recovered a good bit but I still have PFS and Looking back I wish I have tried this protocol and not wasted all that time.
Yup, in the same boat as you. I trusted the advice of "just wait" on propeciahelp but that was a big mistake.

If you don't recover from PFS after 6 months, it's time to take action.

Meanwhile I also wasted 5 years doing nothing besides gym, eating healthy and trying a couple of supplements. Time to get serious and begin PCT, etc.

Migotyou

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,

planning on speaking with my doctor this Monday. Any pointers in convincing your doctor to prescribe HCG? I haven’t done a hormonal panel yet and he’s just waiting for the medication to get flushed out after 1 week

Jayvee

Yup, in the same boat as you. I trusted the advice of "just wait" on propeciahelp but that was a big mistake.

If you don't recover from PFS after 6 months, it's time to take action.

Meanwhile I also wasted 5 years doing nothing besides gym, eating healthy and trying a couple of supplements. Time to get serious and begin PCT, etc.

I have trawled PFS forums for years and spoke to hundreds of sufferers and can count only 2 ‘Confirmed’ people who have 80%+ recovered by following a ‘holistic’ approach (sadly). I think sufferers really need to know that. I agree on 6 months... that is a good cut off point to avoid wasting ‘unrecovered time’.

I really believe propeciahelp and pfsfoundation do more harm than good most of the time with guidance and making people worry even more. This is one of only a few threads with practical minded and logical people.

Have you started the protocol @Mister ?

I‘m starting the protocol on Monday. I will report back as often as I can. I’m including topical vitamin K on mine because that seems to be reducing my symptoms in some way.

Jayvee

Hi everyone,

planning on speaking with my doctor this Monday. Any pointers in convincing your doctor to prescribe HCG? I haven’t done a hormonal panel yet and he’s just waiting for the medication to get flushed out after 1 week

maybe show your doctor the study done with HCG that was posted on this thread (I think it the previous page) and the podcast also posted on this thread. Perhaps also discuss the effectiveness of ‘PCT’.

most doctors have very limited information given to them about these drugs so go prepared! Also very much based on the doctor you get, some will think you are just being A hypochondriac and reading too much into it. Good luck!

Migotyou

Forum Supporter
Post-Finasteride Syndrome (PFS): A Surmountable Challenge for Clinicians and a Newfound Hope for Patients

That’s doctor Gordon. I know he’s a fan of hcg for pfs but if you want to go the route of a doctor, I think he has a way to remotely help.

I found his research interesting connecting PFS to Traumatic Brain Injury/Nontraumatic Brain Injury since both pathological processes involve hormonal dysfunction happening at the pituitary gland with low LH leading to low testosterone since not enough LH reaching the testes.

what’s also interesting is that he pointed out that those who had physical traumatic injury or concussion seem to possibly get PFS. Makes me wonder if other PFS sufferers had a history of car accidents or other factors that may lead to brain injury. Even those that never took fin in their lives, but have brain injury, might have symptoms of low libido, ED, fatgue, etc showing up later on in life as well.

Last edited:

Mister

This is an interesting study and proves the effects finasteride has on HPTA

The Steroidogenesis Inhibitor Finasteride Reduces the Response to Both Stressful and Rewarding Stimuli

These results suggest that FIN impairs stress reactivity and reduces behavioral activation and impulsive behavior by altering the function of the hypothalamus–pituitary–adrenal (HPA) axis

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ponse_to_Both_Stressful_and_Rewarding_Stimuli

Mister

I really believe propeciahelp and pfsfoundation do more harm than good most of the time with guidance and making people worry even more. This is one of only a few threads with practical minded and logical people.

Completely agree, the PFS forum is full of (unnecessary) despair and badly managed. It should be the Mecca for everyone with PFS but it's completely ruined by the bad moderators, I remember when it got so bad a different forum was made, solvepfs. Many people also get banned for the most petty reasons, people who dare to disagree with mods or have a different view than them on how to fight PFS. It's very sad, they're also deluded into thinking a new study will come up with a cure, they obviously do not know how the medical/pharma world works... Also no transparency, where does all the money go that people donated?

And I'm sure new PFS studies will come to the same solutions as people have talked about in this thread. I'm on a supplement regimen now but when I end this I will start PCT asap.

OP
J

JoeKool

@Migotyou yea I posted his info because we had two videos of him referencing his treatment of pfs and I was thinking if someone wanted to go that route, at least (hopefully) they wouldn’t feel alone. I still tried to help as many as possible learn the steps , etc.

@Jayvee @Mister i still can’t get over how a few ppl reacted to my experience and posting. Fortunately the results are great and the thread is definitely much cleaner and level headed. Mister is posting tons of quality research so that’s awesome and very helpful for those following.

I will add to my personal recovery that I continue to see erection strength and ejac strength improve. I know the area I’m referring to is tissue and muscle with very unique qualities that lend itself to healing and repair. I believe 4 years of weakened tissue and lowered instance of use, to the last 8 or so months of strengthening and increased use lends itself to heal and recover like a muscle after surgery , to find an analogy. At least that’s what it feels like to me.

Good luck to all

Enzote2

@Migotyou yea I posted his info because we had two videos of him referencing his treatment of pfs and I was thinking if someone wanted to go that route, at least (hopefully) they wouldn’t feel alone. I still tried to help as many as possible learn the steps , etc.

@Jayvee @Mister i still can’t get over how a few ppl reacted to my experience and posting. Fortunately the results are great and the thread is definitely much cleaner and level headed. Mister is posting tons of quality research so that’s awesome and very helpful for those following.

I will add to my personal recovery that I continue to see erection strength and ejac strength improve. I know the area I’m referring to is tissue and muscle with very unique qualities that lend itself to healing and repair. I believe 4 years of weakened tissue and lowered instance of use, to the last 8 or so months of strengthening and increased use lends itself to heal and recover like a muscle after surgery , to find an analogy. At least that’s what it feels like to me.

Good luck to all

@JoeKool Hey, could you update how things are going for your friends who are going through HCG route? :)

Thanks!!!!

MichaelZurich

Completely agree, the PFS forum is full of (unnecessary) despair and badly managed. It should be the Mecca for everyone with PFS but it's completely ruined by the bad moderators, I remember when it got so bad a different forum was made, solvepfs. Many people also get banned for the most petty reasons, people who dare to disagree with mods or have a different view than them on how to fight PFS. It's very sad, they're also deluded into thinking a new study will come up with a cure, they obviously do not know how the medical/pharma world works... Also no transparency, where does all the money go that people donated?

And I'm sure new PFS studies will come to the same solutions as people have talked about in this thread. I'm on a supplement regimen now but when I end this I will start PCT asap.

This describes my main problems pretty accurate. Any idea how to balance this? Or how do you think hCG has an effect on the HPA?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals