Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Mister

Interesting new paper about our condition:

Abstract

Persistent dysfunctions emerging from use and discontinuation of 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (PD-5ARI) may be explained as the aftermath of a pathological recovery from microvasculopathy or ischemia in multiple systems. Focusing on persistent sexual dysfunction, the most common class of symptoms: 5ARIs’ inhibition of angiogenesis leads to stress on penile microvasculature, depriving the tissue of blood supply and oxygen. These hypoxic conditions lead to tissue injury and atrophy, triggering a pathological recovery that further alters penile tissue, including smooth muscle loss, fibrosis, damage to vascular architecture and impairment of neural pathways supporting arousal and erectile function. This damaging cascade may result in severe and lasting sexual dysfunction. Persistent neuropsychiatric, cognitive, sensory and sleep dysfunctions emerging from 5ARI treatment may similarly be explained as pathological responses to microvasculopathy or ischemia in supporting structures, particularly those in the limbic system. Systemic spread is proposed to arise from a vicious cycle of tissue injury, oxidative stress and proinflammatory activity which spreads via the vascular network, leading to systemic endothelial dysfunction. The latter may in turn set off a damaging cascade in other organs and tissues. Risks of developing PD-5ARI may arise from 5ARI-mediated disruptions of vascular tone, angiogenesis and neoangiogenesis. Pharmacovigilance data, animal studies and human studies provide converging evidence for the proposed etiopathology. It is, moreover, consistent with variable presentation and severity of PD-5ARI symptoms; irreversibility of symptoms; typically normal results of clinical lab tests; and resistance to treatment.

Cooper

@Mister that study is depressing to read and bull**** to be honest. It literally states that after 8 weeks of Finasteride, the 100% recovery of the penile morphology and whatnot is not possible... How come?

Im the guy who collected 50+ recovery stories over the years with severe, years of suffering and they, in detail claimed that their penises are 100% back to normal now. Are they lying? Are they confusing with %80 hardness and size with their old actual 100%? I doubt it. I asked this to them even, they really say that it is back to normal so f*ck that study.

Im going to do a 30 day waterfast because enough with this bull****. My issue is in the gut and that should fix it. If anyone have experiences with water fast please hit me back, other than that im out.

Mister

@Mister that study is depressing to read and bull**** to be honest. It literally states that after 8 weeks of Finasteride, the 100% recovery of the penile morphology and whatnot is not possible... How come?

Im the guy who collected 50+ recovery stories over the years with severe, years of suffering and they, in detail claimed that their penises are 100% back to normal now. Are they lying? Are they confusing with %80 hardness and size with their old actual 100%? I doubt it. I asked this to them even, they really say that it is back to normal so f*ck that study.

Im going to do a 30 day waterfast because enough with this bull****. My issue is in the gut and that should fix it. If anyone have experiences with water fast please hit me back, other than that im out.
I agree, Just shared it since it's new.

Good luck with your waterfest friend, hope that will help.

Btw, could you share your collection of recovery stories with us?

Cooper

I agree, Just shared it since it's new.

Good luck with your waterfest friend, hope that will help.

Btw, could you share your collection of recovery stories with us?
Yeah no problem. Thank you.

I can't because the stories were mostly on my Propeciahelp account and they banned me until 2040 or something haha! But yeah heard enough details about things can heal fully.

I don't know what treatments you tried Mister as i confuse members easily. (please get a profile picture, that would help.

But i hope TRT+ HCG and stuff can cure your PFS if not waterfasting. Good luck to everyone.

Yep, I got fake proviron... and apparently I really need the stuff, because my free T is almost out-of-range low by mid afternoon (2:30 PM when I took the test).

Total T: 661 (264 - 916)
Free T: 10.5 (9.3 - 26.5)
DHT: 40 (30 - 85)
Estradiol: 27.0 (8.0 - 35.0)

Mister

Yep, I got fake proviron... and apparently I really need the stuff, because my free T is almost out-of-range low by mid afternoon (2:30 PM when I took the test).

Did you discover you had fake proviron because of your blood results?

I see. From what site/source did you buy?
It was from napsgear and was supposedly Bayer. I actually have a second brand from them called "Odin," and I was told the verification code on the bottle had already been used when I entered it on their site, so that's probably fake as well...

Anyone tried using Haidut's 11-keto DHT in place of Proviron and regular DHT?

I'm trying up to 30 mg a day which I guess for 'regular' people here would be a crazy dose... but so is 200 mg of Proviron and... I barely feel anything, aside from some ball ache. Not even joint pain. Maybe just dropped some water weight and that's it, IDK. Can't tell the difference between 3 drops and 30 tbh. Wonder if that means my androgen receptors are shot.

Anyone tried using Haidut's 11-keto DHT in place of Proviron and regular DHT?

I'm trying up to 30 mg a day which I guess for 'regular' people here would be a crazy dose... but so is 200 mg of Proviron and... I barely feel anything, aside from some ball ache. Not even joint pain. Maybe just dropped some water weight and that's it, IDK. Can't tell the difference between 3 drops and 30 tbh. Wonder if that means my androgen receptors are shot.

Do we know that it doesn't get obliterated in the liver or that it absorbs well in the case of sublingual? Also, does it have a high affinity for SHBG and aromatase, because I'm pretty sure most of proviron's effects stem from those characteristics given it doesn't cross the BBB and gets broken down quickly in tissues.

You're probably going to have to just test your E2 and free T.

Mister

It was from napsgear and was supposedly Bayer. I actually have a second brand from them called "Odin," and I was told the verification code on the bottle had already been used when I entered it on their site, so that's probably fake as well...
Oh I see, thanks for letting us know.

Cooper

Uhhh guys... I can't stress this enough. Please, please, please just try a strong steroid or TRT on high doses with HCG. THAT'S IT. (Follow it with 6 weeks of E3 days Clomid.)

Try 300- 500mg of Testosterone Cyp or E a week with 300iu HCG eod. Or just straight up, buy Trestolone to fix ARs. However i know one PAS guy who took Iranian Test. E, so they won't bring Subq nodules. He gave me the source of the brand even. There are many posts where i explained this in this thread.

He is a fully recovered PAS case. He took 500mg of TRT with 1000iu hcg a week with 200mg Progesterone and says that he is 110% back. However in his case he was PAS so his ARs were less sensitive, so if he quits using these drugs he admits that he will crash again (maybe not) but in the case of PFS the ARs are UPregulated, you will take this high doses to downregulate back and then quit and recover.

Wish these things worked on me, i am PAS. But for you, it WILL work. If your issue is not gut microbiota or something else. Im telling you, you guys are wasting time with supplements and low dose Proviron protocols.

Amp up the game! :guitar::fire:

Last edited:
Uhhh guys... I can't stress this enough. Please, please, please just try a strong steroid or TRT on high doses with HCG. THAT'S IT. (Follow it with 6 weeks of E3 days Clomid.)

Try 300- 500mg of Testosterone Cyp or E a week with 300iu HCG eod. Or just straight up, buy Trestolone to fix ARs. However i know one PAS guy who took Iranian Test. E, so they won't bring Subq nodules. He gave me the source of the brand even. There are many posts where i explained this in this thread.

He is a fully recovered PAS case. He took 500mg of TRT with 1000iu hcg a week with 200mg Progesterone and says that he is 110% back. However in his case he was PAS so his ARs were less sensitive, so if he quits using these drugs he admits that he will crash again (maybe not) but in the case of PFS the ARs are UPregulated, you will take this high doses to downregulate back and then quit and recover.

Wish these things worked on me, i am PAS. But for you, it WILL work. If your issue is not gut microbiota or something else. Im telling you, you guys are wasting time with supplements and low dose Proviron protocols.

Amp up the game! :guitar::fire:

My LH was flagged high last I had it checked. My total T comes back high in half of my tests as well. Why would HCG help me in this case? My HPTA already seems to be turned up to 11.

Raltox

Hi @Cooper -- that section of the paper is referring to rats on dutasteride who did not recover their erectile function. It's not something anyone here should read and apply to their own situation.

Peatfan69

Just use DHT E. Pure DHT is the strongest and plus you get the long ester with it so it’s constantly circulating through your system hitting the AR all the time rather than taking orals where it’s constantly in and out.

Raltox

After two years of PFS, I'm at the point where I'm considering trying hCG and some of the other hormonal treatments mentioned in this thread.

Until now, my focus has been trying to heal my gut (I have SIBO with a severe Morganella overgrowth), but it's very trial-and-error, and I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere with reduction to my symptoms. So, I'm open to trying other things.

But interpreting hormones is my weak spot, and I don't want to go into any of this blind, at the risk of making things worse. I'm in a better spot than a lot of other people with PFS: my symptoms are all sexual (not cognitive), and I feel above 50% normal most of the time. Here's some recent blood work:
  • Testosterone, Total: 508 ng/dL (264 - 916)
  • Free testosterone: 11.4 pg/mL (9.3 - 26.5)
  • DHT, LCMS/Dialysis: 63 ng/dL (30 - 85)
  • DHT, Free, LCMS/Dialysis: 4.85 pg/mL (2.30 - 11.60)
  • Estradiol (Roche ECLIA): 28.3 pg/mL (7.6 - 42.6)
  • Estrone, Serum: 111 pg/mL (15 - 65)
  • LH: 3.4 mIU/mL (1.7 - 8.6)
  • FSH: 2.0 mIU/mL (1.5 - 12.4)
  • Vitamin D: 56.6 ng/mL (30.0 - 100.0)
  • Progesterone: 0.3 ng/mL (0.0 - 0.5)
As you can see, the only thing out of range is estrone, and even then I'm not sure it's causing problems since it's less potent than estradiol. Does anyone think it (or anything else) could be an issue, or see anything that might make me a good or bad candidate for hCG therapy?

MENT is supposedly very estrogenic. I read stories of gyno and severe bloating. No thanks.

Even on TRT I would probably have to run AI from the get-go, since I have passive gyno ever since quitting Fin and it flares up from completely benign ***t.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals