Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

batistadays

HCG isn't the be all and end all though. The body will heal itself over time if you get it in the right state (following the thermo diet principles, listening to Hans Amato). I've had PFS since start of 2020 after taking fin for 2 years. I'm feeling really good these days. My recovery has been night and day. It went from not being able to get an erection or produce any sperm, to being able to have great sex with my girl. I even look forward to those libido crashes (PFS suffers understand) because every time I crash, my baseline improves. I've seen alot of people bagging out the CDnuts protocol on other forums which is frustrating because it's definitely effective if people are disciplined to follow through with it.

Kirby_

HCG isn't the be all and end all though. The body will heal itself over time if you get it in the right state (following the thermo diet principles, listening to Hans Amato). I've had PFS since start of 2020 after taking fin for 2 years. I'm feeling really good these days. My recovery has been night and day. It went from not being able to get an erection or produce any sperm, to being able to have great sex with my girl. I even look forward to those libido crashes (PFS suffers understand) because every time I crash, my baseline improves. I've seen alot of people bagging out the CDnuts protocol on other forums which is frustrating because it's definitely effective if people are disciplined to follow through with it.
True that! However in my case I used accutane instead of finasteride. I think my baseline is quite stable but unfortunately any real significant improvements other than mental health have not occured yet. Then again, I haven't done any real drastic protocols. Only used some supplements and did keto for a while, but nowadays just try to eat healthy and also not worry to much about the whole situation. I have however one goal and that is to be recovered in a year from now. I think in my current state that is not impossible, but I do need to do some kind of protocol for it.

What supplements are you cycling?

batistadays

True that! However in my case I used accutane instead of finasteride. I think my baseline is quite stable but unfortunately any real significant improvements other than mental health have not occured yet. Then again, I haven't done any real drastic protocols. Only used some supplements and did keto for a while, but nowadays just try to eat healthy and also not worry to much about the whole situation. I have however one goal and that is to be recovered in a year from now. I think in my current state that is not impossible, but I do need to do some kind of protocol for it.

What supplements are you cycling?
I'm using a couple drops of thyroid on my nutsack, vitamin b1, and long dan xie gan tang, and royal jelly. I inconsistently took Androsterone for about a month, but I think I'll only use that on those days where I crash a bit. That long Dan supplement was awesome actually.

You've got to have belief that you'll eventually recover if you get your body in the right state. I don't know this guy from a bar of soap- but if I wanted to improve fast I'd be listening to Hans Amato (who's always on the ray peat forum). I've been off finasteride for the last 16 months. The past 12 months I saw bugger all improvement. As soon as April hit this year, I started seeing improvements in my libido, and since then there's been a snowball effect where I noticably get better each month.

FinVictim

Damn, sucks to hear that man :(. Do you know your baseline T levels before HCG? Hopefully your levels will return to that baseline again at the least.
Thanks. T levels were actually 12 nmol/L before starting the hCG. All bloodwork was done in the morning. It's important to note though that testosteron levels do fluctuate a little.

Currently considering a tapering scheme of letrozol like "dmal" and "Legendary" were describing on PH. They both describe significant benefits. Legendary also recommends just using letrozol only.
Letrozol seems like the ideal way to fire up the HPTA axis as it controls estrogen, thereby also firing up the hypothalamus into making GnRH -> pituatary makes FSH + LH -> testes make testosteron.

stoic

Hi all! I want to share my first observations after taking Proviron at 25mg daily for over a month (half in the morning and half in the evening).

I also changed my diet at about the same time (from hyper to hypocaloric, mainly by cutting starches), and while this is helping me lose some unwanted fat, it also makes it difficult to determine what is causing what.

That said, I am clearly seeing significant, consistent improvement in my cognitive function, and although the diet might have played a role (e.g. through less endotoxin), the fact that I am actually improving is very encouraging in and of itself.

My libido is still non-existent, my body still looks just as feminine, I still feel apathetic and my energy levels are low, but it's possible that these will improve in the following months of treatment or after stopping the drug (I plan on doing three-month cycles, with maybe a couple of months in between).

Anyway, the good news is that my brain is less fogged, my memory is improving, and I just feel more "normal". I hope it lasts :):

Mister

Hi all! I want to share my first observations after taking Proviron at 25mg daily for over a month (half in the morning and half in the evening).

I also changed my diet at about the same time (from hyper to hypocaloric, mainly by cutting starches), and while this is helping me lose some unwanted fat, it also makes it difficult to determine what is causing what.

That said, I am clearly seeing significant, consistent improvement in my cognitive function, and although the diet might have played a role (e.g. through less endotoxin), the fact that I am actually improving is very encouraging in and of itself.

My libido is still non-existent, my body still looks just as feminine, I still feel apathetic and my energy levels are low, but it's possible that these will improve in the following months of treatment or after stopping the drug (I plan on doing three-month cycles, with maybe a couple of months in between).

Anyway, the good news is that my brain is less fogged, my memory is improving, and I just feel more "normal". I hope it lasts :):
That's great to hear friend! One step/improvement a time for most people.

And did you ever try HCG or clomid/nolvadex?

stoic

That's great to hear friend! One step/improvement a time for most people.

And did you ever try HCG or clomid/nolvadex?
I only tried Nolvadex for two months, which did nothing. Wouldn't recommend it in retrospect.

Mister

New recovery from user RebelWithACause from Hackstasis.

" I am cured from PFS. Which means no cognitive issues, no sleep issues, no libido issues, etc. I feel better often than before using finasteride. I feel the alpha feeling quite often - more than before finasteride/PFS funnily enough. Seems I am more sensitive to androgens. Social life has also come back.

What helped me: Proviron, HCG, TEI (B vitamins, minerals in general were helpful for me, incl. electrolyte protocol), diet (cut out food that made me feel like ***t, gluten, dairy), running (5k), cold showers, working out with weights. Most of the information on here was helpful to a degree.

I also ate a diet with a good amount of meat in general. No vegan, vegetarian diet.

It is not magic. Just got to fight fight fight until you cannot fight anymore. That is what I did. Everyday was a battle. Now a lot of these things are normal to me and I do not have to push myself in the mind. It has become habit. I still do a lot of the stuff I did back then. E.g. working out hard, cardio, etc. I feel better in general being active.

I hope you guys will get out of it ASAP. It is 100% possible but you have to fight. I think most people know this here. Sometimes I pushed myself to the brink of insanity. Tunnel vision.

I cannot answer questions as I do not know the mechanism of PFS. I just tried a shitload of things and kept going. I forced myself to keep doing ***t and not think too much. Questions are not helpful anyways. You have to do it yourself. That is the hardest part of PFS. Nobody can help you.

I will stick around and come back once in a while. But right now I have to fix my life because all my energy was focussed on recovery other parts of life slowed down.

You can post this as an official recovery from Hackstasis as I got most of my ideas from here. I also got some ideas from cdsnuts and Chi.
"

Karlucchi

" I am cured from PFS. Which means no cognitive issues, no sleep issues, no libido issues, etc. I feel better often than before using finasteride. I feel the alpha feeling quite often - more than before finasteride/PFS funnily enough. Seems I am more sensitive to androgens. Social life has also come back.

What helped me: Proviron, HCG, TEI (B vitamins, minerals in general were helpful for me, incl. electrolyte protocol), diet (cut out food that made me feel like ***t, gluten, dairy), running (5k), cold showers, working out with weights. Most of the information on here was helpful to a degree.

I also ate a diet with a good amount of meat in general. No vegan, vegetarian diet.

It is not magic. Just got to fight fight fight until you cannot fight anymore. That is what I did. Everyday was a battle. Now a lot of these things are normal to me and I do not have to push myself in the mind. It has become habit. I still do a lot of the stuff I did back then. E.g. working out hard, cardio, etc. I feel better in general being active.

I hope you guys will get out of it ASAP. It is 100% possible but you have to fight. I think most people know this here. Sometimes I pushed myself to the brink of insanity. Tunnel vision.

I cannot answer questions as I do not know the mechanism of PFS. I just tried a shitload of things and kept going. I forced myself to keep doing ***t and not think too much. Questions are not helpful anyways. You have to do it yourself. That is the hardest part of PFS. Nobody can help you.

I will stick around and come back once in a while. But right now I have to fix my life because all my energy was focussed on recovery other parts of life slowed down.

You can post this as an official recovery from Hackstasis as I got most of my ideas from here. I also got some ideas from cdsnuts and Chi.
"
Love that. This is what I am trying to do and I can def tell I feel much better on this sort of protocol than when I fall off and slack on diet/exercise. I do cycles of Ultrahard instead of Proviron though. Wonder what his HCG dosage was

Cooper

Quick update from the Post Accutane side. Progesterone protocol seems like a fail. My initial peak improvements happened around 4th week and stayed like that for a while. I took it for 3.5 months and quit 2 weeks ago. After quitting, i feel worse than ever. Bad erections and off libido.

That's probably because Prog. crashed my androgens and progestogens. I will wait to get back to baseline and start my second and most promising protocol: Mifepristone. This stuff has a study about resetting the effects of Accutane on pubmed and also it upregulates AR which i think the main cause of PAS.
Will update back.

Mister

"
RebelWithACause made another good post afterwards with his thoughts:

"Dont do TRT. Seriously. Although there was a guy cured from cycling anabolic steroids I think it is not efficient for PFS. For me I did TRT/anabolics twice and this stuff made me worse every time. Made me go insane for some reason.

Until I stopped thinking that route is good and started working with my baseline body using minerals, cycling Proviron, prohormones, HCG, etc. it started getting better.

If I would cycle anything I would do Proviron. Take it for 6 weeks and dont think about libido or how you feel. Go into tunnel vision mode. Then wait 1-2 months. Perhaps do another cycle after that until you feel good. I think this is a possibility.

Libido came back after stopping all supplements. I think Proviron or HCG gave it back. But I did not wait long enough after Proviron I think. I also think minerals like zinc, magnesium, manganese, iron were helpful for me personally. B1 and B2 as well (w/ B Complex). TEI was very helpful to kickstart me into gears to fight PFS. Not sure if it would cure PFS 100% if done long enough.

Eventually supps made me not feel much better and sometimes worse and not the good type of worse (herx, etc.). This is when I decided to stop it all.

Make sure to eat enough meat. I think this helped me a lot. For short term this is good for PFS.

Also try to do cardio. When you feel down go run or do cardio in the gym. Even when your body says no. Make sure to eat meat daily. Keep fat lower. Not 0% but not too much fat, no keto. Cardio was better than strength training for me in PFS. Eventhough it was hard because the mind says no no no. You have to push through it. Both is optimal (strength and cardio). 50-75% effort in gym, no maxing out when lifting.

Good luck man I want to see you guys get cured. It is possible. I always put a lot of pressure behind myself. Waiting is the worst. Just do ***t even when the mind says no. Buy Proviron, take it. Doesnt work? Next. That is what I did. Just kept going. Not think too much. There was a lot of anxiety which made it harder to see and think straight. Shut the brain off and be a machine.
"

RebelWithACause made another good post afterwards with his thoughts:

"Dont do TRT. Seriously. Although there was a guy cured from cycling anabolic steroids I think it is not efficient for PFS. For me I did TRT/anabolics twice and this stuff made me worse every time. Made me go insane for some reason.

Until I stopped thinking that route is good and started working with my baseline body using minerals, cycling Proviron, prohormones, HCG, etc. it started getting better.

If I would cycle anything I would do Proviron. Take it for 6 weeks and dont think about libido or how you feel. Go into tunnel vision mode. Then wait 1-2 months. Perhaps do another cycle after that until you feel good. I think this is a possibility.

Libido came back after stopping all supplements. I think Proviron or HCG gave it back. But I did not wait long enough after Proviron I think. I also think minerals like zinc, magnesium, manganese, iron were helpful for me personally. B1 and B2 as well (w/ B Complex). TEI was very helpful to kickstart me into gears to fight PFS. Not sure if it would cure PFS 100% if done long enough.

Eventually supps made me not feel much better and sometimes worse and not the good type of worse (herx, etc.). This is when I decided to stop it all.

Make sure to eat enough meat. I think this helped me a lot. For short term this is good for PFS.

Also try to do cardio. When you feel down go run or do cardio in the gym. Even when your body says no. Make sure to eat meat daily. Keep fat lower. Not 0% but not too much fat, no keto. Cardio was better than strength training for me in PFS. Eventhough it was hard because the mind says no no no. You have to push through it. Both is optimal (strength and cardio). 50-75% effort in gym, no maxing out when lifting.

Good luck man I want to see you guys get cured. It is possible. I always put a lot of pressure behind myself. Waiting is the worst. Just do ***t even when the mind says no. Buy Proviron, take it. Doesnt work? Next. That is what I did. Just kept going. Not think too much. There was a lot of anxiety which made it harder to see and think straight. Shut the brain off and be a machine.
"

How much Proviron?

Mister

How much Proviron?
He made another post to a question about dosage:

"Proviron: 6 weeks, I waited only 3-4 weeks I think. I should of waited longer before doing the next thing

HCG: 3 weeks, I did not like the feeling on it after 3 weeks. But first two weeks were good

I did pal's protocol. 50-100mg Proviron? I am not sure. Check out his post on PH. I followed it exactly. Except maybe the first week I built up slowly. But I don't think this is needed.

HCG 150 iu everyday. I think Helen recommended this back then."

stoic

Quick update from the Post Accutane side. Progesterone protocol seems like a fail. My initial peak improvements happened around 4th week and stayed like that for a while. I took it for 3.5 months and quit 2 weeks ago. After quitting, i feel worse than ever. Bad erections and off libido.

That's probably because Prog. crashed my androgens and progestogens. I will wait to get back to baseline and start my second and most promising protocol: Mifepristone. This stuff has a study about resetting the effects of Accutane on pubmed and also it upregulates AR which i think the main cause of PAS.
Will update back.
Thanks for the report! As a fellow PAS sufferer, I will follow your protocol with interest.

Mister

An update from this PFS guy on youtube:

He's on HCG, clomid and nolvadex. Seems to be going really well for him; he reports better libido, better mood, etc.

Really like the way I feel on HCG mentally but I'm now convinced that it (or its estrogenicity) is what caused me to get a benign liver tumor (hemangioma).

As soon as I injected the first shot my abdomen became bloated and I have pressure in the liver area.

How do I get around this without going on aromatase inhibitors concurrently?

Mister

Really like the way I feel on HCG mentally but I'm now convinced that it (or its estrogenicity) is what caused me to get a benign liver tumor (hemangioma).

As soon as I injected the first shot my abdomen became bloated and I have pressure in the liver area.

How do I get around this without going on aromatase inhibitors concurrently?
Did you go to a doctor yet? And if so, did you say you took those things and what was his reaction?

Did you go to a doctor yet? And if so, did you say you took those things and what was his reaction?

Lol no. I only went to get an ultrasound and they advised follow-up MRI with gadolinium contrast which I want to avoid. I plan to only control it regularly via ultrasound.

If I went to my doctor I would have to explain to him about PFS and everything I have been going through the past 5 years, and he's an old ignoramus who doesn't care or understand anything about any of this, so I don't have the energy to deal with that.

Beefsnacks

So update, I know it's been a LONG time and also want to tell everyone that I'm cured from PFS great news. But with that being said I'm come into cross with a lot of health problems from that point as was really looking for some help. My course 6 months of hcg per protocol and finished with a week of clomid. All was well still I got super thirsty and could not stop drinking water. Still to this day I am thirsty 24/7 sounds like diabetes insipidus but I'm not sure. My bp went up for 122/57 to 146/80 in 3 weeks. I suspect that there may be water in my blood and a problem with my kidneys but yah man I'm not a doctor, just stating symptoms. I think I may have given myself some kind of negative feedback loop or something and yes I do have a endocrinologist appointment this Tuesday but was looking for some smart people who know a lot more than I do to give there two sense (What to ask him when I see him). Willing to answer all questions, but please, I've got my sex life back but at the cost of something major to my health. As well, I would advise anyone to rethink about this protocol for the moment, and if JoeKool is still around I'd ask to DM me if your still around. I've had a lot of test done too and hopefully I can get a full blood panlle done soon to share it with you all, you guys rock hope your all doing well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals