Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

As soon as I mentioned finasteride as the main reason for my symptoms he confidently explained to me that this can't possibly be true, since finasteride works by inhibiting the aromatase in the prostate, and there only.

When I told him it's the 5-alpha reductase that is inhibited, he declared to me that this is just another name for the aromatase.

Damn.

I've talked to some incompetent endo's, this takes the cake.

Trust the science, especially with people like this behind it.

Not sure if it's related or not but this appeared since I started using HCG. Started HCG last September, it was not there on my check up in July.

Does anyone think HCG could've caused this?

ecaltabi

Not sure if it's related or not but this appeared since I started using HCG. Started HCG last September, it was not there on my check up in July.

Does anyone think HCG could've caused this?
Did you take proviron before starting HCG? I have a liver hemangioma too but it appeared with proviron usage.

stoic

Did you take proviron before starting HCG? I have a liver hemangioma too but it appeared with proviron usage.
How much and how long did you take the proviron?

I managed to order some with a prescription and was excited to try it, but now you're scaring me off haha

ecaltabi

How much and how long did you take the proviron?

I managed to order some with a prescription and was excited to try it, but now you're scaring me off haha
Went high, 50-100mg/day for 2.5 months. The liver benign tumor appeared after that. Maybe it was just a coincidence as I didn't have a previous/recent exam before starting it. I was asking @MyUsernameHere just to have another reference for that possibility. It is known that oral steroids make some people prone to hemangioma growth. I am not sure if Proviron would be one of them but that's the only steroid I have even taken. I don't believe HCG would trigger that...

FinVictim

The worst ******* thing about all of this (aside from the crippling brain fog, which has improved) is, the complete lack of any kind of legitimate drive, passion or motivation to do ANYTHING.

Like whatever I do, it's either because I have to or because I have nothing better to do... but I don't actually WANT... to do anything.

I used to do 3D modeling, make music. Enjoy learning about new things and expend creative energy in various ways. I haven't felt any desire for any of those things in years. Whatever the source of that mental 'drive' that seems to be normal for people and that I used to have before Finasteride, it just evaporated.

Sometimes I'll take a supplement or herb that will bring maybe 5-10% of that back and be like "Holy ***t, a thing is interesting again".
But it's far from normal, and it rarely lasts.
This is THE big problem I'm also experiencing. Something in our central nervous system responsible for motivation and emotional association has shrunken or been made inactive.

I can totally relate. "Desire" in the greatest sense of the word is what has been affected. Libido is merely a part of this bigger picture. It's the desire to do anything, from hobbies, to work, to meet people, to hug people. All the desire is just gone. I wonder if I will ever feel horny again in my life.

What a total mess we are in.

cb10

Hey everyone, I have some questions about OP's rationale behind hcg resolving pfs. To start, I have mild PFS for the most part. I don't experience the mental problems of many (unless I drink alcohol then I am messed up for days). My libido is mostly good but my main remaining symptom is that I get 0 morning wood or random ers... I also have poor EQ often. Another thing is that I believe I may have a bit of nerve damage in my limbs. With that being said, I am fairly healthy. I eat mostly well and work out 4-6 days a week. None the less, I would love to have the sexual function that I had before taking finasteride so I have been spending a lot time researching posts lately.

Now for the original point of the post, I am merely trying to explore the ideas presented by the OP. I am not trying to bring people down or say for a fact that his ideas are false. However, there seems to be some logical flaws to me. As I understand it (and this is where I could be missing something and hopefully someone will correct me), hcg function the same as lh and stimulates the body to produce hormones. Specifically in males, it makes your balls produce more testosterone. This is why it also has a downside of shutting down lh production, which also seems to be problematic for long term use. As I understand it, the idea is that its a very small amount so your system will continue to function on it's own. This is where I start to find flaws in the logic. The big mystery with many people experiencing pfs is that, on paper, our endocrine system seems to be functioning normally hence why the core of the idea is that the problem must be within the neurosteroids. So how would taking hcg in such small incremental amounts be any different from our bodies operating in normal ranges? I dont understand how this will repair neurosteroids given that our hormones during hcg will be the same as they are prior to it. The only thing I can think is that if we add hcg in addition to the lh already present in our bodies then the hormone production will be higher than normal. To me it seems that the main way hcg could be beneficial is if your body was not already producing testerone normally but we would see this on paper and the mystery of pfs wouldnt exist. To reiterate, given the protocal involves such a small amount of hcg, this shouldnt do much to the levels of hormones within our endocrine system, thus the neurosteroid functions within our bodies wouldnt experience much of an impact from this protocol.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how small doses of hcg over time can change the endocrine system in such a way that it repairs our neurosteroid levels. Also, keep in mind that my question is based on the fact that the pfs symptoms exist along with normal horomones levels on paper. Before you respond with go back and read, I have read through all 105 pages of this forum and would appreciate it if you could just give me a quick summary and I will research from there.

T

TheBeard

This is THE big problem I'm also experiencing. Something in our central nervous system responsible for motivation and emotional association has shrunken or been made inactive.

I can totally relate. "Desire" in the greatest sense of the word is what has been affected. Libido is merely a part of this bigger picture. It's the desire to do anything, from hobbies, to work, to meet people, to hug people. All the desire is just gone. I wonder if I will ever feel horny again in my life.

What a total mess we are in.

There is hope.

I feel the exact same from Post Exemestane Syndrome and Candida/IBS.

So your condition is not the only one leading to anhedonia, which means there are multiple angles to it and more chances to find a solution.

Have you tried taking estradiol valeriate to see if it made you happier/hornier?

It works for me.

stoic

There is hope.

I feel the exact same from Post Exemestane Syndrome and Candida/IBS.

So your condition is not the only one leading to anhedonia, which means there are multiple angles to it and more chances to find a solution.

Have you tried taking estradiol valeriate to see if it made you happier/hornier?

It works for me.
Interesting, what symptoms do you count as "Post Exemestane Syndrome"? Same as low estrogen?

I took low-dose exemestane for a few months along with cabergoline and ended up feeling so bad that I had to stop them. Still unsure which one was to blame though

stoic

Went high, 50-100mg/day for 2.5 months. The liver benign tumor appeared after that. Maybe it was just a coincidence as I didn't have a previous/recent exam before starting it. I was asking @MyUsernameHere just to have another reference for that possibility. It is known that oral steroids make some people prone to hemangioma growth. I am not sure if Proviron would be one of them but that's the only steroid I have even taken. I don't believe HCG would trigger that...
Thanks.

I'm very cautious about pharma drugs and got interested in proviron precisely because it's considered to be safe and mild on the liver (although the risk exists).

I'll try taking 25mg once per day and report back here.

The main goal is to get a semblance of libido, but some improvement in energy and mood wouldn't hurt either.

FinVictim

6 month update

Unfortunately 6 months of hCG has done next to nothing for me. Fortunately I've personally never experienced brain fog and have been able to continue my work. From all the reading I've done in this thread, it seems people who are experiencing brain fog have the biggest effects of hCG treatment. If you are experiencing brain fog, hCG is definitely worth a try.

The effects I've experienced from hCG could be the following, I'm not totally sure:
- Ever so slight increase in just general acceptance of the condition, although it's still extremely hard to control the negative thoughts spirals
- Increase in testicle size (not measured, but pretty sure testicles grew)
- Stool has turned softer. Half a year after finasteride my stool was super hard and hard to pass, even with a diet rich in fibers
- Increase in sperm volume and consistency. The watery sperm was one of the first things I noticed after starting finasteride

The symptoms hCG has done nothing to:
- Still feel no emotional desire to do anything, everything is done through ratio, through thinking what is good to me or for the situation
- Still feel no desire to physically touch anyone, no desire to hug, while I always used to be a very physical person, not even my mom or relatives
- No enjoyment of skin on skin touch, like I always used to before
- Zero libido, I haven't felt the slightest libido in over a year even though I've been dating a girl who I've been totally honest with. We could only have sex through physical stimulation, penetration was possible but brief and almost senseless. We agreed to stop seeing each other 2 weeks ago because it was such an unhealthy situation for her, she desired me but I never wanted her. The moment of saying goodbye was just unreal to me, she was emotional but I just stood there
- No spontaneous erections, just slight enlargement every once in a while

I am continuing my life as much as possible like I think I would if I were still feeling all my desires. This means I'm still working, doing sports and seeing friends multiple times a week. Fortunately I am able to function "normally" as seen by the outside world. I never experience the emotions of stress or “emotional” worry about anything. I feel like I'm just gliding through life without any emotions. Only a few of my best friends know about my condition.

The situation is "rationally" starting to feel more hopeless by the day. I used to have some hope of slight improvement but the longer I'm coping with this condition, the more I'm starting to think something has been permanently damaged in our central nervous system. A function that has needed years to develop through childhood, puberty and adolescence and which seems to have now been permanently damaged. The condition is just so all-encompassing.. Even the emotions we used to feel with certain smells and memories have faded. These emotions are now truly only memories.

I'm in the fortunate position of being guided by some very motivated doctors but none of them know the mechanism or has a cure. I will share my experiences as they might be of help for some of you. I'm being guided by an academic urologist specialized in andrology, an academic psychiatrist who has a PhD in sexology and I've recently had a consultation with another sexologist with experience in our field. The latter has experience with PSSD victims (60+ cases) and 12 PFS victims. His hypothesis is based around a role for too high estrogen. He's been treating his PFS victims with clomiphene 50mg eod and has seen some improvements in 6 out of 12, with 2 of them being able to live "acceptable" lives.

I'm personally not sure about the estrogen theory yet, since my estrogen levels have gone through the roof since starting hCG (due to aromatization) and I haven't felt any worse than before hCG. Also I don’t think there’s any reason to dose clomifene every other day since it has a half life of 5 to 7 days. It will remain in your system anyhow.

Our plan (my main physician is the psychiatrist-sexologist) is as follows: Stop the hCG in the coming weeks and start the anti-depressant bupropion (Wellbutrin) 150mg once a day and titrate until I will hopefully feel any better. We're choosing bupropion because the symptoms seem to have a relationship with the dopaminergic and adrenergic system. The bupropion will almost certainly only give some symptomatic relieve; that is our hope at least. After a few months, after we've seen the effects of stopping hCG, we will probably turn to the high dose mesterolone (Proviron) theory and try that for a couple of weeks to bombard the hypothetical surplus of androgen receptors and see what happens after that.

I will keep you updated.

Short recap of my story:
29 years old. Took 1mg finasteride for 20 days in March 2020. Noticed erectile dysfunction and a strong decrease in libido, immediately quit but these sides never passed. Anhedonia and flat emotions seem to have creeped in during the year. Fortunately not feeling depressed, no serious brain fog or cognitive impairment.

T

TheBeard

Interesting, what symptoms do you count as "Post Exemestane Syndrome"? Same as low estrogen?

I took low-dose exemestane for a few months along with cabergoline and ended up feeling so bad that I had to stop them. Still unsure which one was to blame though

No desire for anything
Flat muscles
No libido
Poor endurance
Food allergies
Brain fog
Hair loss

ALL of this dissapears with high testosterone doses and therefore high estrogens, along with high DHEA and high pregnenolone doses.

cb10

6 month update

Unfortunately 6 months of hCG has done next to nothing for me. Fortunately I've personally never experienced brain fog and have been able to continue my work. From all the reading I've done in this thread, it seems people who are experiencing brain fog have the biggest effects of hCG treatment. If you are experiencing brain fog, hCG is definitely worth a try.

The effects I've experienced from hCG could be the following, I'm not totally sure:
- Ever so slight increase in just general acceptance of the condition, although it's still extremely hard to control the negative thoughts spirals
- Stool has turned softer. Half a year after finasteride my stool was super hard and hard to pass, even with a diet rich in fibers
- Increase in sperm volume and consistency. The watery sperm was one of the first things I noticed after starting finasteride

- Still feel no emotional desire to do anything, everything is done through ratio, through thinking what is good to me or for the situation
- Still feel no desire to physically touch anyone, no desire to hug, while I always used to be a very physical person, not even my mom or relatives
- Zero libido, I haven't felt the slightest libido in over a year even though I've been dating a girl who I've been totally honest with. We could only have sex through physical stimulation, penetration was possible but brief and almost senseless. We agreed to stop seeing each other 2 weeks ago because it was such an unhealthy situation for her, she desired me but I never wanted her. The moment of saying goodbye was just unreal to me, she was emotional but I just stood there

I am continuing my life as much as possible like I think I would if I were still feeling all my desires. This means I'm still working, doing sports and seeing friends multiple times a week. Fortunately I am able to function "normally" as seen by the outside world. I never experience the emotions of stress or “emotional” worry about anything. I feel like I'm just gliding through life without any emotions. Only a few of my best friends know about my condition.

The situation is "rationally" starting to feel more hopeless by the day. I used to have some hope of slight improvement but the longer I'm coping with this condition, the more I'm starting to think something has been permanently damaged in our central nervous system. A function that has needed years to develop through childhood, puberty and adolescence and which seems to have now been permanently damaged. The condition is just so all-encompassing.. Even the emotions we used to feel with certain smells and memories have faded. These emotions are now truly only memories.

I'm in the fortunate position of being guided by some very motivated doctors but none of them know the mechanism or has a cure. I will share my experiences as they might be of help for some of you. I'm being guided by an academic urologist specialized in andrology, an academic psychiatrist who has a PhD in sexology and I've recently had a consultation with another sexologist with experience in our field. The latter has experience with PSSD victims (60+ cases) and 12 PFS victims. His hypothesis is based around a role for too high estrogen. He's been treating his PFS victims with clomiphene 50mg eod and has seen some improvements in 6 out of 12, with 2 of them being able to live "acceptable" lives.

I'm personally not sure about the estrogen theory yet, since my estrogen levels have gone through the roof since starting hCG (due to aromatization) and I haven't felt any worse than before hCG. Also I don’t think there’s any reason to dose clomifene every other day since it has a half life of 5 to 7 days. It will remain in your system anyhow.

Our plan (my main physician is the psychiatrist-sexologist) is as follows: Stop the hCG in the coming weeks and start the anti-depressant bupropion (Wellbutrin) 150mg once a day and titrate until I will hopefully feel any better. We're choosing bupropion because the symptoms seem to have a relationship with the dopaminergic and adrenergic system. The bupropion will almost certainly only give some symptomatic relieve; that is our hope at least. After a few months, after we've seen the effects of stopping hCG, we will probably turn to the high dose mesterolone (Proviron) theory and try that for a couple of weeks to bombard the hypothetical surplus of androgen receptors and see what happens after that.

I will keep you updated.

Short recap of my story:
29 years old. Took 1mg finasteride for 20 days in March 2020. Noticed erectile dysfunction and a strong decrease in libido, immediately quit but these sides never passed. Anhedonia and flat emotions seem to have creeped in during the year. Fortunately not feeling depressed, no serious brain fog or cognitive impairment.
I would greatly appreciate the updates. Everything you are mentioning seems relevant to my situation except I do not have the professional help. I was also considering the use of Proviron to kick start my DHT system. The idea that it will correct excess androgen receptors is very interesting. Looking forward to hearing more so thank you for the update.

Mister

6 month update

I will keep you updated.

Short recap of my story:
Proviron could be worth the try next.

T

TheBeard

2.5 months is not even close to what's necessary for a begnign tumor to develop, let alone with something with such low hepatotoxicity as Proviron.

Pure coincidence.

2.5 months is not even close to what's necessary for a begnign tumor to develop, let alone with something with such low hepatotoxicity as Proviron.

Pure coincidence.

Either Proviron, Tamoxifen, or HCG. Those were the only pharmaceuticals I took in the past year.

My previous scan a year ago, it was not there yet. So it had to develop in less than 12 months.

I'm actually scared of using HCG anymore because I don't want this thing to grow any further. Shame, because I feel like I really benefitted and felt good on it :/
I wish I could somehow know that it wouldn't make this worse.

alainchalamet

6 month update

I will keep you updated.

Short recap of my story:
Haven't read earlier updates of yours, but have you ever tested your testosterone levels?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals