Fibromyalgia (FMS) Through The Ray Peat Prism

Birdie

nwo2012 said:
This was from Ray.

The presence of antibodies to one's own tissues just means that the tissues are under stress, and the antibodies are part of a process of debris removal related to repair. Hypothyroidism is a common cause of generalized myopathy, and the lack of thyroid tends to cause a low ratio of progesterone to estrogen; estrogen increases the production of antibodies. Vitamin D, calcium, thyroid, and progesterone can remedy the myopathies.
Glad to see this again. About my fibromyalgia (FMS)... I've possibly had this my whole life. Had polio as a child. Wasn't left with any disablity that showed. My first real problems occurred when I got married and pregnant. I didn't connect the physical problems with the polio back then.

Skipping ahead, I was not dxd until much later. At that time, I was practically bedridden, getting up only for a few hours. Nutrition was my field so I decided to use that form of attack while in bed. I re-read Broda Barnes and others and applied it. It was easy to get my doc to Rx armour but not as easy to get the stuff continued when my tsh went down. I explained why and it was continued. That's 18 years of it.

I did other things too like eliminating grains, legumes... My downfall though was sugar. I had been against it since since the 70s so, now, cut it out except for fruit. So, it took me to reading Ray to see the other side of that argument. I only found his writing last Sept.

So, nwo2012, that's some of my FMS background. And, I was feeling much better, but still low energy and many physical complaints, 2 years ago than I am now. I was eating about the same as now with lots of milk in coffee, same breakie... What screwed me up was that I decided I needed a little support from others, and I found paleo which on the surface seemed close to what I was doing. Afraid I got influenced by them all and deteriorated. Also, I found some low carb groups which didn't help. Finally I found the phd, but as I introduced parts of it, for 2 or 3 months, became worse.

Throughout all this I gained almost 20 lbs which is not good for a fibro. Certainly not for me. When I was very light, movement was much easier. Now, after doing the usual gain with adding oj and ice cream to my paleo/jaminet, and gaining ~10 more, I have finally begun to "get it". Adjusting the food... but I am not still back to my 2010 wellness, which was not really wellness but betterness.

I think the changes in armour had something to do with all my declines ^^ also.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Per request of Birdie I have split the above post off from another topic and dedicated it to its own thread.

pete

peatarian could you post what you know about Fibromyalgia?

OP
B

Birdie

Charlie said:
Per request of Birdie I have split the above post off from another topic and dedicated it to its own thread.
Thanks for moving it, Charlie.

OP
B

Birdie

I had forgotten this was here. Will return later.

OP
B

Birdie

I seem to have moved this discussion over to the Testimonials section. Sorry, Charlie if it's confusing. I'll blame it on my cold that affected my brain.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No worries, Birdie. :wave:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals