Fibroblasts Shuttle Glutamate, Arginine Into Cancer Cells And Promote Glycolysis

Tumor microenvironment derived exosomes pleiotropically modulate cancer cell metabolism

Cancer-associated fibroblasts release exosomes that both deliver nutrients to cancer cells and inhibit oxidative phosphorylation. Exosomes from fibroblasts can supply an amino acid called glutamine and other nutrients to cancer cells. A shortage of glutamine can limit the growth of pancreatic and perhaps other cancers

Adding exosomes to prostate or pancreatic cancer cells both promotes glycolysis and blocks oxidative metabolism. It is likely that the increase in glycolysis is caused by the reduction in oxidative phosphorylation so, in this respect, the exosomes trigger glycolysis in the way initially envisioned by Warburg. These results call for a re-examination of the contributions of both processes to energy generation in cancer cells that are still associated with their neighbors.

Last edited:
OP
S
Whatever you make of it :nailbiting:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

haidut

Forum Supporter

Parsifal

Glutamine and arginine restriction are both likely viable therapies for cancer. Melanoma also depends on glutamine, and glycine is one way to mimic depletion. Lysine and methylene blue should be able to handle the arginine aspect.
Melanoma Needs Glutamine To Grow And Dies Without It
Arginine depletion may be a viable approach for cancer
This combination seems to help me with varicose veins and very dark/purple circles that appeared after an endotoxin poisonous reaction after antibiotics and constipation 4 years ago! Nothing helped to lower it and now some varicose veins disappear or almost disappear for 2 hours from times to times (but they come back after for no reason even if they are not as visible as before) and the dark circles are really less dark.
I believe that lysine is the best thing I did for my heart and veins yet and combined with MB it is even better (but methylene blue alone doesn't seem so good). I've tried a lot of other things like vitamin A/E, progesterone, etc, but it didn't help at all.

Eiffel

Haidut when you say glycine can mimic glutamine depletion are you saying that glycine is useful?? I seem to recall reading Peats article on gelatin and how glycine along with lysine can help to inhibit heme oxygenase that causes cancer to break through collagen and spread. Have I got this correct??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals