Fibre

M

member 2106

After a bit of experimentation, I've discovered that I'm gluten intolerant. It causes itchy skin, but the fibre from bread and pasta was working wonders for my bowel movements.

Now that I've stopped eating wheat, I'm quite badly constipated, and looking to compensate for the drop in fibre.

What safe foods would you recommend to increase my fibre intake, other than raw carrots and mushrooms (which don't quite seem to do the trick)?

olive

I like sweet potato. Not only is it full of fibre, it’s micronutrient dense, high in potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper, vitamin k/e/c/b/a and has a little bit of choline which can be a struggle to hit sufficient amounts of considering PUFA limitations. It’s also a high quality source of protein with a well balanced amino acid profile - assuming you have a sweet tooth and top it with glycine like I do.
It’s easy digesting, cheap and versatile.
The purple kind has lower vitamin a content if you are wishing to limit vit a exposure - it also tastes better in my opinion.

Tenacity

Sweet potatoes give me excess gas, but regular white potatoes are good for this too.

OP
M

member 2106

Sweet potatoes give me excess gas, but regular white potatoes are good for this too.

White potatoes don't really do it for me, unless I eat the skins, but even then...

Gone Peating

you could also try consuming wheat without added "reduced iron" and see if that helps

also i like your user name! walden is one of my favorite books, and i recently moved to the area but keep forgetting to drive over there and see it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals