Fiber

julia

Hello everyone!
\\do you know what other foods besides the carrot,mushrooms and bamboo shoots could help to treat chronic constipation?

Hello everyone!
\\do you know what other foods besides the carrot,mushrooms and bamboo shoots could help to treat chronic constipation?
I have had good luck with refrigerated acidophilus with bifidus a couple of hours in the morning before coffee or food. It works good on my little dog too. My holistic chiropractor recommended it to my young son, years ago, for a yeast overgrowth from antibiotics. She stress the combo of the two (bifidus + acidophilus) is necessary. Also fresh mango alone works well too.

Hello everyone!
Also reduce your liquids. I don't even drink water. Vitamin C is really be helpful too!

OP
J

julia

Also reduce your liquids. I don't even drink water. Vitamin C is really be helpful too!
Thank you! I will try the mango.I also take a probiotic that has those two strains of bacteria,but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Pineapple can be effective. Dates can too, if the fiber isn't harsh on your gut.

OP
J

julia

Thank you,Rafael!
Do you know of any teas that might work but are not addictive as cena,for example?

Thank you! I will try the mango.I also take a probiotic that has those two strains of bacteria,but it doesn't seem to work for me.
The acidophilus bifidus didn't do anything for me eithe the last 20 years with just taking it during the day. Only recently when I started taking it early in the morning a couple of hours before waking up did it do wonders.

Thank you,Rafael!
Do you know of any teas that might work but are not addictive as cena,for example?
You're welcome. Cascara sagrada is one of the safest laxatives, since it's also anti- inflammatory and lowers cortisol, so you could use that instead of senna. Some people make cascara into a tea, and filter out the solids. Ray's article on cascara: Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.

Have you seen the thread below? It has some interesting info with regards to constipation, not only about what is necessary for the intestine to move well, but also what tends to make it sluggish.

OP
J

julia

You're welcome. Cascara sagrada is one of the safest laxatives, since it's also anti- inflammatory and lowers cortisol, so you could use that instead of senna. Some people make cascara into a tea, and filter out the solids. Ray's article on cascara: Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.

Have you seen the thread below? It has some interesting info with regards to constipation, not only about what is necessary for the intestine to move well, but also what tends to make it sluggish.
Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals